“Good Business Htel in Lagos”

Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos
Ranked #5 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good Business Htel in Lagos”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have traveled to Lagos since the mid seventies and I have seen the city grow in both size and choice of accommodation. The choice is, now, exsensive although it comes at a price.
During my most recent visit I was lucky enough to stay at the Radisson Anchorage on Victoria Island. The hotel is close to the business center of Lagos and close to a few good restaurants and expat bars. Driving time to and from the airport can vary, greatly, depending on what time you depart.
The hotel itself is a modern design and has a number of eateries and bars. The riverside bar is particularly good and they serve a number of different local and import beers. The menu of spirits is quite impressive. Service is good but I fold the bar menu food to be disappoint with the food being bland and, at times, cold. The breakfast menu is extensive and must be in the top 5 available in Lagos. Everything from a full english to local - brilliant!
The rooms at the hotel are European standard and well appointed with good bathrooms, plenty of lighting. AC was ok but our rooms overlooked the emergency / hotel generator house which gave out a constant hum when not in use and an ear shattering roar when started and running.
Security is very good. Check in and check out took some time and the hotels electronic credit card system didnt work. Free Wifi in rooms and an ATM in the Lobby.
A very nice hotel in Lagos and if I get the opportunity I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the rear of the hotel, overlooking the Lagoon.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GM_LOSZA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Mr. / Mrs.

We thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel as your preferred hotel in Lagos.

We would like to thank you for your valuable time to comments on our product and services. Yours valuable comments help us to understand the level of service and product from voice of customer.

We look forward to welcome you at Radisson Blu Anchorage hotel. We ensure a crisp and refined service on your next visit.

Radisson Blu Management Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2013

If you're in Lagos for work or pleasure then the Radisson is a great place to spend the day at the pool. The staff are great and very friendly, the food is good and consistent and the view and pool are lovely. The chicken burger is a particular favourite.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Ave been coming to Lagos now for some time and stayed at various hotels, but the radisson is now my best choice, check in was smooth, smoking room as requested, perfectly sized room, breakfast was good and included in the rate, the hotel tends to get festive on the weekends with a band and a dj till late, dinner -the buffet was well priced and of very good quality, I would recommend this hotel safety wise and being very close to all major restaurants / shopping areas around Victoria Island. One note please stick to your Visa Card as Mastercards work off and on and Amex is unheard off.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights and had a good experience overall. It is safe, the rooms are spacious, The bathroom too with separated shower, bath and toilet behind a wall within the bathroom, that gave good privacy.

My room was very clean, and I had a good desk to work and a good closet for the cothes as well as a safetycase.

Internet worked well most of the time. Occasionnally there were too many trying tinconnect and slowed down. The Fitness club is small but sufficient for my needs.

Breakfast was good, and with plenty of choices.

At night, we could eat by the pool and lake and this was too very nice. Just that the menu was really limited.

They did not accept AMEX which made it complicated for me, also it is quite expensive.
Unfortunately, the view of my window was facing the entrance gate, and many drivers were talking early in the morning awakening me up before my alarm clock.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Marale,
We are really sorry to know that we didn’t come up to your expectation during your last visit. Please note that management is investigation on the issues experienced by you and we will try to resolve them as soon as possible.
Orange County, California
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Nothing super special but good quality overall. Great location, Good service. All good hotels in Lagos are rather pricey compared to equivalents in other global cities. However, pricing is about average for local comparable hotels.
Nice view of the bay, with window seats in the room. Large bathroom, separate tub and shower, though water did not get very hot. Nice indoor/outdoor bar. Breakfast was good, lots of hot and cold selections.

Room Tip: Opt for the lagoon view rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Olu,
Thank you for your review, as it help us to improve again and again to deliver the best to our guests. I was very sorry to read about your poor experiences with us. About our service, I have passed your comments to all our head of department as it is a very important of at your side service behavior, to make sure guests are attended in swift and efficient manner.
Radisson Blu Management Team
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I guess this is a kind of hotel that brings the Radisson Blu chain to disrepute.

I had organised a meeting for almost 50 people and the service I received was disgusting. All the hotel staff care about is money. The hotel too is only focused on filling the coffers vs. offering service.

The hotels location is great but given the security concerns and restriction in movement the hotel offers little in terms of extras to kill time. The setting is idyllic just by the water front. Security nice, Rooms are super, especially the water facing ones.

Upon checking in I was given a twin bed room despite the fact I had a request for a double bed. Upon being polite and nice I was told that there was one room with double bed available which was water facing . I was later informed after I moved in I would need to pay an additional 100USD for the room!!!! This was not communicated earlier

For my guests who had arrived early we had booked dinner at the restaurant for 30 poeple but unfortunately 25 arrived. When the bll came they charged me for 40. When I protested the staff was even rude. I refused to pay and said I would speak to the GM the following day upon which he went and came back reducing the no of guests

The following day at lunch the restaurant was half full but the waiters refused to seat us despite the fact of us telling him that we needed 2 seats for a quick bite and discussion. We had to force ourselves in to sit and it was shocking that despite being empty the staff were asking us to sit elsewhere

We ordered transport through the concierge to travel to an outside venue for dinner on day 3 and we were asked to pay up for 2 buses of 30 seats each. On the appointed time the buses were nowhere to be seen and we asked to ferry 50 guests in 3 cars with the cars going up and down in Lagos traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the time the last batch of guests reached the venue, the first batch was done with dinner. No apologies offered by anybody and the drivers concerned were quarreling over their payments.

The bar service is slow and terrible at times. The views from the open bar deck are wonderful.

The food is very good especially the sea food. Internet is FREE!!!!!!

Finally would I want to go back? NO!! The service sucks and one feels truely cheated by the Radisson Blu chain

Room Tip: If you can spend cash, cho0se the Water front rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vivian M

Radisson Blu Management Team.

Travellers are raving about these Lagos hotels

London
Reviewed 26 June 2013

As a matter of fact, I have been back here twice in the last three months, and that much I love this hotel. The major reason been the closeness to the area where my attention is required, Lagos VI. However, this platform does not allow one to effect a review until a period of three months have elapsed.

The last time around within the month had involved the need to have a suite for my 'Principal', as well as a business one for myself. All was ok on the 300 level. However, when he arrived to check into his room, there was these not so pleasant odour from wherever. An immediate request was made to the Hotel Management, and another suite on the ground floor was sorted out at a jet speed, and with some apologies for the inconviniences. That was what the service encapsulated in customer service is supposed to be, and as found in most western countries, and much thanks to the ultra - fast auctioning manager of the hotel.

The hotel is first class. High security level. Great environment. Great food. Everything to some exponential level of near perfection, and guess what, I ll be back.

Room Tip: Still recommending those ocean facing rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business