I stayed at the Four Points for a week. Travelling alone on business, my key concerns were cleanliness, safety and a decent environment in which to work. This hotel meets all three of these requirements reasonably well, with the exception of their wifi service, which was at best annoying and at worst, non-existent for a full day.
The hotel advertises "free" in-room wifi. The reality: signal strength was poor inside my room and the "free" service is throttled, forcing you through a tedious log-in process every 45 minutes. Continuous wifi service is available at a cost (too steep for my needs) so I put up with the login annoyance. One day, all wifi was unavailable and hotel staff just stated this as a fact with no apology or any indication of the length of time to repair.
Other technological glitches included daily power outages (2 to 3 times a day for several minutes at a time) and non-functioning room phones. My desk phone did nothing at all, while the phone by the bed did not dial out correctly. I tried several times, but following the instructions as written, my call would not go through. Finally, I had the hotel operator put the call through.
Hotel staff throughout were reasonably friendly, with the exception of the front desk staff, who were not great. Overall, I'd say they could all use a lesson in customer service befitting the Sheraton brand. They are not up to par.
Check in and check our are more tedious than in most hotels. Among the annoyances: I was charged for a local call that did not go through and when I asked for the charge to be removed, the desk staff flatly refused. Apparently attempting to make a call is sufficient to incur a cost. Advice to others: use Skype (or similar) to make local calls.
There was plenty of security presence. You had to use your room card in the elevator to get to your floor and there were security guards stationed on each floor.
Eating at the hotel is another adventure. The hotel restaurant - the Brazzerie - serves an utterly un-inspired buffet morning, noon and night. The evening I arrived, I was a bit hungry, so I went down and asked for an a la carte menu, wanting only a light meal. I was told that they did not have an a la carte offering and that the only option was the (rather expensive) buffet. I asked if there was another option for eating in the hotel and was told this was the only restaurant and my choice was the buffet or room service (even more expensive).
I ended up paying too much for a small amount of truly poor quality food on the first and second nights of my stay. FYI, the buffet looked pretty much exactly the same both nights. On both evenings, I saw many other hotel guests come in and ask for a menu just as I had. Each was told the same thing: this is the only restaurant; it's the buffet or room service.
Perhaps, strictly speaking, it is the only restaurant, but it is not your only food option in the hotel. There are several bars, at least two of which serve food. I did not try the sports bar offerings, but I did eat at the Office bar, located on the roof deck. It served a really nice barbeque where I enjoyed grilled king prawns and grilled vegetables that were quite delicious - a million times better than the buffet.
The hotel is well located near many restaurants within a 10-minute drive. The car rental in the hotel, while pricey (400 Naira or approx US$26 for an hour with a car and driver), is reliable and provided clean vehicles.
You should also know that the Cafe Cappucino in the lobby is excellent. I never tried the buffet at breakfast, but I thoroughly enjoyed a terrific latte and one of the best croissants this side of the Seine for breakfast each day. The only thing that would have made it better would be a fresh fruit offering of any kind. An apple or banana would have been a nice treat. But the coffee and baked goods were great - highly recommend Cafe Cappucino.
I did not try the spa, gym or pool areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Four Points by Sheraton Lagos. An Uncomplicated comfort in the heart of Lagos. The hotel features 234 spacious guest rooms and conference facilities for up to 200 guests. Relax after a day of work and in the lively outdoor atmosphere of The Office rooftop bar located on the 2nd floor. You can also enjoy a good game at the Adrenaline sports bar with several local brews The well equipped fitness center is completed by the one-of-a kind Spa that offers various treatments for local and international guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Lagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Lagos Hotel Lagos
- 4 Points By Sheraton Lagos