Hotel Bon Voyage
US$203
Agoda.com
US$56
TripAdvisor
All reviewspoolside barclean roomsexcellent locationlagoonhighsrelationshipsafetyratesvigym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The rooms are clean, and it's a nice set up. Very nice poolside area, with a gym in a roundavel right next to the pool. Also a cute fountain. Well maintained gardens.

It's not a posh place, but rather a cute small place to stay at. Staff are polite, service is good. In an overpriced city, you definitely get value for money here. I recommend it.

It is kind of hard to find, and the receptionists don't give good directions, so use google maps!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I recently spent 4 weeks on business in Lagos staying at the Bon Voyage Hotel. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the food, whilst not gourmet, was adequate. However, what stood out for me was the hotel staff. They were always cheerful, friendly and helpful, like so many of the Nigerian people The staff always had a smile, which looked genuine compared to the frozen plastic smiles in so many other places. I would like to thank each and every one of the staff who looked after my colleagues and I.

Room Tip: Avoid the side close to the buiding site.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 905Frank
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Attended a program here and was I disappointed. They were so concerned about the expatriates and let a lot to be desired for others. The main gate was open for Whites to pass through while I was told to go through the pedestrian gate. The Air conditioners went off and on. The Hall was small and the fire exit was blocked with chairs. to crown it all water did not flow always and you were left with a bucket of water to serve you cleaning needs.

Tea/coffee breaks were guided and you were told what to and what not to take with outrageously small canapés. Food was never enough in the afternoons and you were ordered to eat what was left.

The staff were nice and courteous but all in all the stay was not a pleasant one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Oluwaseyi
HotelBonVoyage, Owner at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Oluwaseyi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor. I would like to assure you that we value ALL our guests and strive to give the same excellent service to all. I was very concerned about some of your comments and would like to hear from you in person about your experience with us, please contact me via email lanresmith@hotelbonvoyageng.com.

With the program you atteded at Hotel Bon Voyage, unfortunately the organisers did not communicate to you, the delegates, your food and beverage entitlements and this caused your expectations not to be met in this regard.

You also mentioned about the air conditioners going off and coming back on, this as you know is caused by the frequent power outages suffered across Nigeria. I'm sure you will also attest that our back up generators kicked in almost immediately and the temperature was always comfortable.Unfortunately, this also coincided with routine maintenance work being carried out on the water treatment facility designed to ensure water is always clean as safe, hence the very brief interruption in flow.

Please accept our sincere apologies for our failings in meeting your expectation on this occassion and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bon Voyage.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

AS an acadamic and PR consultant, I am itinerant by nature. Therefore I patronise hotels in the course of my assignments. For me the notion of a hotel being a home away from goes beyond a marketing mantra. At Bon Voyage, the reality of this expression comes to life. The customer exprience, made possible not only by the unique ambience of the hotel, but also by dedicated and motivated workforce who live the very principle that defines the hallmark of hospitality business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bisi O
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Bisi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The entire staff and management are delighted to have met your expectations on your recent stay with us and we'll continue to maintain and even improve upon the very high standards we set ourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

we have stayed twice on business - both occasions, very good rooms, food, and helpful staff - great home away from home whilst working. Dinners are very good from local food to more international cuisine including the freshly made pasta by the chef.

Room Tip: top secret!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Karim A
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Karim,

Thank you for staying with us on both occassions. We are pleased to have met your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bon Voyage on your net visit to the city.