“Won't come again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 131 Hotels in Lagos
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Won't come again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I lasted all of three hours before I moved on. The first room they put me in had noworking telephone, either in the room or the bsthroom, no working hairdryer, no working alarm or bedside lamp.
When I took a shower half the bedroom was flooded, as the seals between the glass and bath edge was missing.
I actually stubbed my toe on floorplanks that were lifting from previous flooding.
They the moved me across the passage into a room with such a chemical smell that I started suffocating as my throat and chest started closing up.
That was when I phoned the Sheraton Four Point around the corner and moved there.
I must add that the staff did try their best to help, but my advise is if you travel for business stay in a business hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nicovanderm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

the hotel is nice, sea front, the area is a little bit crowded as it is near some buildings that are under construction, it is a little bit far from the center of Victoria Island. the rooms are clean and spacious with good air condition. the internet is very fast. the breakfast is good with variety of food and egg station. the staff are friendly and there is a drop off service to the airport and other places.
unfortunately the last 2 days, we faced some unpleasant things. the first thing is the power cut off, the power cut about 20 to 30 times and of course when it took so long to come back the internet goes also. the second thing is the tap water, i opened the tap of the shower to take a bath but unfortunately i found the water was in brown color. but this did happen in the last day only.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Disappointing is putting what happened on February 14, 2014 mildly! They ran a Promo for a Valentine's Day buffet which they clearly could not handle. As early as 8.30pm they did not have any more food; it was so bad their 'chef' was scrapping crumbs/leftovers from the trays and serving. Please, for goodness sakes it is a buffet not a secondary school dining hall. The hotel refused to give several couples a refund.
We also did not get the room we asked for, but we let that pass, our night was already ruined. The smell that enveloped the Hotel was something else; we managed to sleep and were out by first light. Complaining at the front desk was another mistake on the morning of the 15th. The attendant was rude to say the least. A friend who also slept over told us the breakfast was no different and was complimentary for only 1 person (On a Valentine’s Day promo? seriously?)
In summary and my advice: Hotel Bon Voyage clearly cannot cope with ‘deals’. Please stick to serving full paying customers and don’t tarnish the reputation of the brand name. The brand needs more promoters than detractors.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nk O
sprakash1, General Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Sir / Ma'am,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Hotel Bon Voyage . I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

It is always disappointing to hear of our failures and particularly embarrassing for myself to learn that our people failed to deliver on this occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused you. I had personally taken up with my team in regards to the issues pointed by you and rest assured that the issues are given highest priority.

Regards,
Prakash
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My family and I spent the valentine's night there, we had read other reviews on trip advisor, so our expectation was kind of high. The staff were friendly and professional. We had paid for a deluxe room with lagoon view, but am positive we dnt get that instead we go a swimming pool view instead! I asked a staff and she said this was the lagoon view. Totally different from d picture. The rooms need proper maintenance the paint on the wall were peeling off and the bathroom tiles needed more white seal. The towels and robe look worn out. I have to say the small chop we had was lovely (besides the tasteless springrolls). Then the TV dnt have as many channels.the hotel is in a nice location. Oh how could I forget the smell on the corridors. I think the hotel needs to get some plug in air freshners.

• Stayed February 2014
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed several days on business and enjoyed my stay very much. Every interaction with the staff was pleasant and there was nothing they weren't willing and able to help with. I can recommend Hotel Bon Voyage to anyone!

Stayed January 2014
Ravenna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

In Lagos for meetings my company book a room in Bon Voyage.
Quite good welcome but very good room service. Considering that I am italian I can say good dinner and breakfast as well.
They only have to put more attention in details not very well maintened.
Good experience to repeat

• Stayed January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The rooms are clean, and it's a nice set up. Very nice poolside area, with a gym in a roundavel right next to the pool. Also a cute fountain. Well maintained gardens.

It's not a posh place, but rather a cute small place to stay at. Staff are polite, service is good. In an overpriced city, you definitely get value for money here. I recommend it.

It is kind of hard to find, and the receptionists don't give good directions, so use google maps!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends