“People are nice...that's all”

Planet One Hotel and Wellness
Ranked #57 of 138 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here from 29-Sep'13 to 04-Oct'13. The people are very nice, co-operative and very friendly. Its a spacious property but with very basic in room amenities. The toiletries provided in the room are minimal. The tea bags, etc. are just good for one or if you are lucky two cups of tea. Only one bottle of 500ml. water (per day) is complimentary. Anything more is chargeable. They will not provide you drinking water in a jug too.The AC was good. The internet gave me a problem one evening. Worked well the other days. The breakfast is fine but meals are only continental and Chinese. You have to buy water even if your breakfast is complimentary. Water is not ! Security though is good. The bar was also fine.The hotel is not at all a value for money. Please do not get carried by their website pictures.

Room Tip: Do not get carried away by their website pictures
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KunalBanerjee

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days as I attended a wedding which was at a venue nearby. During the stay the staff was really nice, polite and helped me with everything I asked for. In addition, the room was clean and tidy as well as comfortable. The kitchen was good with a wide variety of different cuisines. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I traveled from Ekpoma in Edo State on the 1st of sept. 2013 to lagos for a week long training programme and pondered on were to lodge at. Though familiar with some old Hotel names, I later decided to lodge at Planet One Hotels, and was easily located by my cab man. From the moment i highlighted with my luggage at the Hotel premises i witnessed a shocking experience of my life! Not only was i given a homely welcome at the reception, their numerous rooms and choice of facilities were very classy and were offered at an affordable rate to meet the needs of people of different taste and class. It also have a good lighting system. Their meals are very delicious too. I took out time to observe the various workers on a daily bases and they all seem to be very good at what they do and worked with passion. Services at their gymnasium, indoor swimming pool, internet system e.t.c. were offered free of charge and the entire system is clean and very fine too. I will urge every traveller to try and have a feel of Planet one wonderful services without regrets.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a small well run/looked after hotel, staff are excellent and very friendly they know how to look after you,
The room I was in was excellent, spacious/clean and had the most wonderful shower/sauna all in one enjoyed that, also had a large balcony very good, a plus point for me was it was a smoking room, not many around now,(I still enjoy a cig )security was good no problems, If your ever in Lagos I recommend this hotel, a very peaceful nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I spent the weekend in lagos on the mainland, where I stayed at planet one! Their rooms and interior takes you out of nigeria, very classy and traditional. The value and quality of the food both chinese and indian was superb! The room was well funished and beutiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have a well relaxing and stress free stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Have been staying at an other hotel in Ikeja before. The Planet One has proofed to be a clean, friendly and quiet place to stay. I would recommend it to all that have to stay in this area. Given the context and the quality and prices of other hotels, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not take room 143
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Was here for almost 2 weeks for my wedding, even in the executive rooms, plumbing for bathroom heater and refrigerator was very poor. sometimes the toilet wouldn't flush, we kept changing rooms due to flooding. i was amazed that throughout the 2 weeks of my stay non of the top managers found the time to even come apologize or give us a concession, when i used the gym we had to pay for water.
Another very embarrassing situation was how me and my wife kept getting embarrassed at breakfast, when one of the staff shows and says "food is only free for one" , then when i complained it was a double occupancy room they came back and apologised. only for the whole drama to play out again the next day. i had to personlly request the food manager, he grudgingly came and affirmed, but it didnt stop. the one bright spot i experienced were the staff, who were mostly nice , courteous and pofessional. the gym guy, the front desk manager and the guys in the kitchen. the problems we had i could clearly se was above them. feel i should have bagged a free night for all my troubles and 2 week stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
reservation p, General Manager at Planet One Hotel and Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Mr. Efe,
Our entire team joins me in thanking you for taking the time to post your valuable comments.
I have shared your feedback with regards to the issues on maintenance and F & B service with the team and would like to assure you that we have initiated training based on your feedback. We thank you for bringing this to our notice in order to benchmark our service levels.
We are also glad to note that feedback such as yours that go on to motivate our staff to perform to the highest standards.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Lagos.