“Nice Find”

Ranked #1 of 131 Hotels in Lagos
Cape Town
“Nice Find”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hotel is a little oasis in the madness of Lagos, everything about the hotel was very pleasing. This modern boutique hotel offers everything you could need in a serene comfortable setting. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear CapeTownOtter

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at The Wheatbaker.

The team and I are very grateful for the encouraging review you have provided and will strive further to ensure only the highest standard is maintained for you and all our valued Guests.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Simon Grindrod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I was recommended this hotel by a friend of mine. I thanked also my friend about this. This hotel is absolutely a place where one must stay, if one truly wants to escape the Hectic City of Lagos from days work/activities and sleep & rest well. Everything works, on time. Highly recommended. Many thanks to all of you there who made my stay one of the best ever!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear KariW68

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The team and I are very encouraged by your positive perception of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is my first trip to Nigeria and mainland Africa. Therefore, for my first trip it was imperative to get a safe and comfortable hotel. For a city hotel, The Wheatbaker was surprisingly small, but for the better! The service was personalized which staff ready to help when asked. It had all the amenities and was a nice clean safe haven after spending a full day in Lagos for business meetings. Overall, this is a very good clean hotel.

Value - In terms of value, I find the rates quite expensive for the size of the rooms. For the price I paid, I would have expected bigger rooms (I was in the standard room). While they had bigger rooms, their corporate rack rate for the standard rate (which is their entry-level room) was in the $400 range! However, the lack of decent business hotels in the Lagos area definitely puts supply and demand to the test.

Sleep Quality, Cleanliness - No complaints here, the rooms were impeccable. Slept like a baby

Security - This is something which I feel I should point out. At the hallway entrance leading to bedrooms, there is a security guard stationed there. Definitely helped to make me feel safe and secure.

Room Service - Clients should note that the restaurant closes at 10.30 p.m. My flight arrived late at night, so I couldn't use the restaurant as it was closed. Room service can be improved. The ham and cheese sandwich was ordinary and it took a long time to arrive.

Location - It is located in Ikoyi which is a very safe and convenient location, not too far away from the CBD.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear PT

Thank you for your valuable and detailed feedback following your recent stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The team and I have carefully noted all your observations and will certainly use them to ensure our offering to you remains of a high standard.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Houston, TX
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Boutique Hotel in Lagos!! Service was impeccable. We had dinner there first night and while the food was not awesome, the service more than made up for it. We also has drinks and snacks by the pool. I am definitely returning if in Lagos! Food at Radisson was better but the service there lacked.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Beachfiend

Thank you for taking the time to provide input following your visit to The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We are pleased that you were able to provide the Service standard you deserve and will continue to refresh and improve our quality in our restaurants offerings.

We look for ward to welcoming you back again on your next trip.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The Wheatbaker is AMAZING!!! I loved every moment, the service was great and the rooms impeccable. Lagos is a marvelous city but it can be tiring, the Wheatbaker is a welcome break if you need to get away. I loved my time there! There are no spectacular views but to be honest you don't feel like you're missing out. Outstanding experience

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Ntombizamasala

Thank you from The Wheatbaker Team for taking the time to provide your observations following your recent stay with us at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

I am very pleased you found our service and rooms of the standard you expect and look forward to welcoming you back during any future visits to Lagos.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The new Wheatbaker in Lagos is by far the best option now in the city. Good rooms, albeit fairly small, clean, good wireless, excellent breakfast and very good service from the staff. It will get good competition from the new Intercon soon, but it can stand its ground.
Well done in market that needs more professiona business hotels.

Dear Bulgenes

Thank you for making the effort to provide feedback on your stay with us at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

Your comments are much appreciated and have been carefully noted to ensure we improve.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have been to the wheatbaker hotel for about a month in total in the last 9 months, and what a brilliant place. The Nespresso machine in each room and the brand new fittings, not to mention the great big bath makes it the perfect place to stay if you have to spend time in Lagos.
The food is excellent, and I would recommend the line fish. Breakfast is pretty much the same every day, but of good quality.

Room Tip: They are pretty much all the same.