“Best Hotel Experience Yet...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wheatbaker

The Wheatbaker
Ranked #1 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Durban, South Africa
“Best Hotel Experience Yet...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

In general, an Awesome stay

The food is the most impressive out of the 50+ hotels I've stayed at around Africa

the service was always above & Beyond what you expect & is a 1st world experience, especially when staying in Nigeria

Room Tip: Always choose 3rd floor or Higher (if possible) this stops or drastically reduces the odds of any l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Moorzinio
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Moorzinio

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We all very much appreciate the time you have taken to provide your observations and your patronage is invaluable to us.

Please be assured that we will always strive to deliver the very best service we can to every individual Guest, without whom we would not be here.

Thanks again

Simon Grindrod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Extremely well run hotel, with excellent staff and a great location. A smaller hotel where you feel safe and welcome, where everything works, and attention to detail is admirable. Tastefully decorated and with food and beverage quality you would expect from a hotel managed by a high end South African group.

Room Tip: First floor, rear facing room quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Barewa

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback.

We are encouraged to learn that you found our service to be of the standard you require and please accept our assurances that The Wheatbaker Team and I will always strive to deliver this consistently to every one of our individual Guests.

We hope you will choose us again for your next stay!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at Wheatbaker early May... As those who have been to Lagos will know the hotels are extremely over-priced for what they are. I'd say even the so called best hotels are no more than 3-4 star hotels (in the west) but priced more than some 5 star hotels in the West.

I stayed at Southern Sun which was ok but very basic accommodation in my humble opinion. Then I moved to wheatbaker on my way back and stayed at wheatbaker and was very pleasantly surprised.

The room was lovely. The toilet and shower and plumbing and finishing (which tends to be the let down in most properties in Nigeria) were excellent and honestly world class.

The Gym was fully equipped and actually much better equiped than many Hotel Gyms in England, After my work out I actually was ofterred a stretch and mini massages from teh staff. I saw a lady having one earlier and actually thought she requested it but I got offered too. That was a very nice touch.

Anyway my only complaint is my stay was too short. And now I am heading back again for only a short stay which I wish was longer.

Very comfy hotel with modern clean decor! Great calm atmposhere too.

yep Wheatbaker will be my first port of call whenever I am in Lagos and need a hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear 186338Traveller1

The Wheatbaker Team and I are very grateful for your feedback which is the foundation of everything we do to ensure we deliver both quality and value to all of our Guests.

We are especially pleased that, as a seasoned world traveler, you have found us to be satisfactory.

Please accept our thanks for your patronage and we hope you will indeed stay with us again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Unfortunately, I didn't get a full stay of this hotel on my visit, but this will definitely be my first choice when I return.
Firstly, the staff are amazing and so respectful, I spent a night there as i was in and out of various business meetings in the Ikoyi area and all of my needs were met to a very high standard.
The food is incredible and comes very quickly- which is a surprise! The manager can always be seen checking on his staff, you can tell that he is very hands on.
And did i mention the smell...Absolutely amazing, it makes the place feel so warm and inviting, and is probably the first hotel i've been to in Lagos that recognises its importance!! It by far is one of the best hotels in Africa. I would definitely recommend it- The Wheatbaker will be seeing me again by the end of the year for sure!! FABULOUS!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Kezia B

The Wheatbaker Team are very proud that you found our service and standards to be of the level valued Guests such as yourself deserve.

We are especially pleased that you appreciated the efforts we make to create a pleasant and fragrant environment!

It is very encouraging that our attention to detail in this regard was appreciated and rest assured this further inspires us to be the best we can be.

Please do visit us again in the future.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Wheatbaker is an excellently located hotel in Ikoyi, Lagos. Quiet, off the main drag and safe, the hotel is well laid out. The restaurant area is small, but functional. The swimming pool is fair sized and located close to the rooms and the restaurant. Th reception area has some lounge chairs/ tables and can be used for informal small meetings. An excellent hotel - definitely one of the best in Lagos and in Nigeria.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ibadanboy

Permit me to thank you for taking the time to provide your very valuable comments following your visit to The Wheatbaker.

My Team and I are absolutely committed to providing each individual Guest the highest level of service and quality we can. We never take your patronage for granted and realise that there are many other hotels to choose from in Lagos.

Should there be anything we can do for you, now or in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again, many thanks.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Wheatbaker should without question be the hotel of choice in Nigeria. Good food, friendly and well trained staff, and competitive pricing.... Tranquil setting at the pool meant some peace and quiet. Easy access to VI and Ikoyi, which was exactly what I required.
Love the place....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve H
Dear Steve H

On behalf of The Wheatbaker Team, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel.

Feedback from our Guests is our primary tool in guiding our efforts to provide the best service we can.

We are grateful for your patronage and hope you will choose to visit us again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I've stayed in the Wheatbaker several times in 2013 / 2014. From the moment I arrive, I am made feel so welcome, and the staff could not do more for guests. From security to front desk, restaurant to bar, the staff are 1st class and always provide an attentive, but not intrusive service. The rooms are great (everything works), and the breakfast is the best I've enjoyed in any hotel in West Africa. The ethos of service with a smile is always evident, and this super hotel has become my home from home in Lagos. Departing today, but already looking forward to me next visit in a couple of weeks time! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eddie_Dublin18
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Eddie_Dublin18

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your comments following your recent stays with us at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The Team and I are very pleased that you have found our standards of service to be satisfactory and that you plan to stay with us again.

We assure you of our absolute commitment to ensuring you receive only the very best we can offer and appreciate very much your loyal patronage.

I look forward to welcoming you back personally during your next visit.