“Best boutique hotel in Africa”
Review of The Wheatbaker

The Wheatbaker
Ranked #1 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
“Best boutique hotel in Africa”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Let's explain this simply: when it comes to hotels, there are 3 scenarios that play out: fantastic finishes and terrible servce/great service in not so great atmosphere/ or plain rubbish.

Once in a while though, there is that one rare bird:

Wheatbaker embodies class for a price and is worth it ! Love the human touch from the staff, food is great and they think of everything to make you comfortable.

Gerald-the resident manager-is a true star in hospitality. Hotel schools should give him a lecturing position get his insight!

Note-hotel is in a central position for business conduct.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Ravi_Kalaichelvan

Thank you very much for your very encouraging feedback which drives us to reach for higher standards.

Your feedback has been conveyed to the Team and we are all very grateful for your patronage.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Simon Grindrod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Great food, friendly staff, nice facilities and spacious rooms, wonderful manager(Gerald) that is extremely hospitable and went out of his way if there was any requests. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others looking for a place in Lagos!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Weater 78

On behalf of our Wheatbaker Team, may I thank you for taking the time to provide your impressions of your recent visit.

We are very proud of our Staff and Management and I will be sure to convey your comments to our Gerald.

Thanks again for your patronage.

Kind Regards

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A really good option in Lagos, better than the competition on virtually every measure. It's smaller, the rooms are better equipped the bar feels more relaxed the staff appear to care more and the restaurant whilst far from cheap, where is in Lagos, is very good.

Stayed June 2014
Dear David H

The Wheatbaker Team and I are grateful for your review and are pleased you found our hotel to be of a satisfactory standard.

We do hope you will choose to visit us again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Whether you are seeking a weekend respit from the everyday grind, or traveling to Lagos for business, The Wheatbaker is a very lovely establishment. The rooms are very modern and elegant, and the staff are top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed dinner there, and I must say, my hostess for the evening...can't exactly remember her name..though I think it was Shalewah...was the most exquisite creature I have ever met. Her demeanor and attention to patrons was magnificent!! She should have her own class of impeccable customer service. I would go back there just to have her serve me again and again. Overall, I would absolutely recommend The Wheatbaker as a great place to stay in Lagos, Nigeria.
F. Paul
International Coffee Distributor

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Felicia P
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear HOT4JAVA

Thank you very much for providing your observations of your recent visit to The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and will strive to ensure we maintain the highest level of Service and Quality in all that we do.

The Team and I hope you will choose to stay with us again if you visit Lagos in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent experience in Lagos.. The hotel is in a very good shape with excellent services. Well secured and very clean. Room space and cleanliness were above my expectations.
The room is a bit expensive and their were noise near my room at 4 AM (probably caused by floor security).

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mohamed H

Thank you for your observations following your stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The Team and I are grateful to you for taking the time to give us your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. However, We have reiterated the importance of maintaining silence on our guest corridors in order to preserve our discreet and serene environment.

We hope you will return to us if you visit Lagos again.

Venice, Italy
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Second time in this hotel in a few months.
It is really a pleasure to come back and to appreciate the consistency of the hospitality service provided.
Great staff, perfect and professional management ready to answer to all client's needs.
Good interiors, perfect status of maintenance and cleaning.
Don't miss it if you are in Lagos.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Sid_italy

On behalf of The Wheatbaker Team, may I thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased that you have found our standards of service to be satisfactory during your stays and we know that this requires daily commitment to ensure that valued Guests such as yourself return again in the future.

I am grateful for your continued patronage and invite you to contact me personally should there be anything you require from us during your next visit to Lagos.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Wheatbaker is my first choice for my coffee meetings (the best cappuccino in town!!!); for the many lifestyle and art events which I put up in Lagos ; and most importantly for my valued personal retreats (staycations I like to call them) which I indulge in from time to time when I leave my home in Lagos and check in to The Wheatbaker for peace, sleep and some pamper time.

From the Nespresso machines to the silky bath robes in the rooms; from the most courteous staff in the country to the fantastic conference facilities ; from the best spaghetti Arrabiata I have had outside of Florence to the beautiful art-infused decor...The Wheatbaker is definitely my favorite hotel in Nigeria and I dare say one of my favorites in the world.

It is not cheap but it is definitely worth every Naira!!!

Keep the standard high guys!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Ugoma A

Thank you for your comments about our hotel, we are pleased you have chosen us as your home away from home.

We know that Lagosians have many choices as to where to go for meetings and social events and we are proud you have chosen us.

Consider yourself one of the Wheatbaker Family!