“Not too good”

An Accor traveller
Reviewed 19 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Staff failed to inform me on check in,that the wifi, and TV services were down.
And I could not sleep during the day, because of contruction or demolition work , happening in the hotel.
I also observe room service use the wet used bathroom towel, to wipe the dinning table in my room.
The food in the restaurant was very good.
The price is definitely good value for money.
Hopefully the hotel management will train the staff better after reading this.

• Stayed: October 2013
Peter_DeBondt, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear BJMoy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for the situation you experienced during your stay at our hotel.

The ongoing renovation is usually quiet since it does not involve drilling. Please be assured that I am going to investigate why and how these lapses occurred. I have communicated your review to all department heads and we will educate our employees more on how to deal with our guests.

Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope you give us the chance to redeem ourselves. Please feel free to contact me at h6708-fo@accor.com. Thank you for staying Ibis Lagos Airport and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have written about this hotel before as as it continues to improve wanted to give it a more positive review. Since it opened the resident manager Richard worked very hard to produce a very professional team and improve the niggles like the damp smell in the corridors (now no more) and slow wifi (now greatly improved but still has it's bad days). The restaurant provides a good quality of food despite being a buffet in addition to the snack menu. The quality of finishing in the rooms still could be improved but I understand they are being upgraded slowly. One thing that is very good are the new very comfortable beds I always have a great sleep on them. Richard has now been transferred to Benin and his replacement Peter seems to be a hotelier cast from the same mold as Richard. Finally all the staff here are really good and always do their best to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Davies B

It was a great pleasure reading your review. We appreciate your business and loyalty over the years.

I am glad you met Mr. Peter De Bondt during you visit. Please be assured that we are going from room to room to get all the problems fixed. Your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I do however need to highlight the menu, which for my 3rd visit on the trot still does not have items available and when I enquired was informed its to expensive to buy in!!! I commented then why are these items still on the menu to which I was given a smile and no answer.

The Ibis Hotel has a good name and must endeavour to keep this by addressing these smaller issues to return to the standard shown during my first visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Ibis (Accor) is a good solution for overnight stays in Lagos.
Rooms are very small but clean, adequate, the wifi works well.
Front desk is very friendly and efficient, service is professional, buffet is good quality.
The gym does not exist yet (unless two treadmills in a small storage room can be called a gym)
They have transportation to and from airport.
They even answer emails and you can reserve via email.
After the chaos of Lagos airport it is a welcome change.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Cobocon,

We appreciate your comment and thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport.
I am glad that you found our employees friendly and efficient. Please understand that the gym is one of the upgrades we have on our to-do list. We will upgrade it very soon.

Thank you again for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have used this Hotel on numerous occasions now, its Location for transit is great and the staff there more than happy to help with all needs. The security at the gate is welcomed and keeps unwanted revellers away. The rooms are adequate and generally value for money, the tea/coffee facilities once again do not have milk and when requested none available!!

I do however need to highlight the menu, Which for my 3rd visit on the trot still does not have items available and when I enquired was informed its to expensive to buy in!!! I commented then why are these items still on the menu to which I was given a smile and no answer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Peter_DeBondt, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Mr. Mark,

Your comment and loyalty is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the replies you got from our employees at the restaurant.

Please understand that we do not have milk in our rooms due health reasons. You can consider both issues fixed since we have ordered the milk and new menus.