“Hotelibis9ja”
Review of Ibis Lagos Airport

Ibis Lagos Airport
Ranked #29 of 134 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My stay was cool! Neat, with smart staffs waiting on you when needed. I can not compliant for the service received compare to other African countries. The service is better, how I now wish they could move to the next stanza - world reputed other ibis hotel known around the world.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Megahatz
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Megahatz,

Thanks for taking the time to share this review! I am quite pleased to hear that the service we provide at Ibis Lagos Airport is better than other African countries.

Please be assured that we are currently moving to the next stanza. We are currently updating our facility and coordinating trainings to improve the services we offer.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to welcome you back to Ibis Lagos Airport soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Lagos Airport

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We were in Lagos for one night as part of a business trip. This hotel is a pretty stock standard Ibis Hotel. It was clean and comfortable enough for our needs. The restaurant provided a good dinner and the buffet breakfast next morning was good.

It is easier to get to the hotel from the airport than it is to get to the airport from the hotel. The hotel sits on a major road which has a wide reserve down the middle. So you have to turn right out of the hotel even though the airport is to the left. You need to go about 2kms in the wrong direction before you can turn back and head in the right direction to the airport.

All in all, it was fine for our needs and it was well located to depart the next day.

1  Thank Al C

Dear Al,

Thanks for taking the time to share this review! We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal spot.

We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate Ibis experience.

Thank you for the detailed review and we look forward to accommodating you during your next visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is quite neat and occupies a large plot of land. However, the rooms are smaller. The breakfast is fantastic. However, i was disappointed that the hotel doesn't have room service.

The bed is soft and nice! At least I had a good sleep.

The bottled water in my room was not replaced despite my call to receptionist, however I hope to be served better when next time I come. The hotel management should have a honeymoon package please!

Finally, the TV Channels are limited and uninteresting and wonder if they consider the human diversity. I think the management should look into adding more TV Channels.

I stayed in room 422.

Room Tip: I can only recommend room 422 for singles and very slim couples.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank evenbenfg16
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Evenbenfg16,

We appreciate your comment and thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport.

We don’t have room service, doorman and bigger rooms due to a standardized product ibis hotels offer around the world. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Please be assured that we will look into our TV channels.

I apologize for the bottle water that was not delivered to you and we look forward to serving you better during your next visit.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I arrived the hotel at noon, two months after my last stay; I noticed that tea sets (tea cup / sugar /electric kettle etc.) had been placed in the rooms , but no bottled water. when I complained, the receptionist advised that I use water from the bathroom. Hmmmmm. Even for a Nigerian, the buffet lunch lacks appeal, no variety!. I hope someone is noticing. There's still no door man. You have to hold the entry door with one hand while maneuvering your luggage trolley....only for the receptionist to give a meaningless toothpaste - welcome - smile after struggling your way in. So ironic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Joustar,

Your comment is greatly appreciated. I am glad you noticed that we are making some upgrades.

Please understand that ibis hotels offer a standardized product around the world. Our brand does not permit us to have room service and doorman but we are all available to assist you. I apologize that no one was able to assist you with the doors.

Be assured that I am going to discuss your experience with my employees and make some improvements. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I’ve used this “hotel” for only 4-5 hours on a “day-use” basis before flying-out back home. Thank God this was only a few hours!!!

For Management’s info: I was in room 137.

The “room”: you get in there and the humidity smell catches you and never leaves. The carpet was so dirty and stained that I could not allow myself walking bare-footed on it: kept my socks on and used a bath towel to walk from bathroom to bed… The walls were showing dubious black traces, like someone had intended cleaning them, and eventually gave up…

The “bathroom”: this was incredible for an ACCOR hotel. Mold everywhere: of course (kidding) around the shower the caulking was all black, but mold was also visible (clearly visible) on the ceiling above the mirror. The paint needed more than a touch-up.

The “restaurant”: a pathetic depressing “all-you-can-eat” buffet with a few sad bowls of lettuce, carrots and caned sweet corn, sweaty “patés” and ham, industrial dressings, egg whites that had lost their yokes (they are still missing as you read these lines…). The main courses were equally unappetizing: none were labeled so you had to take chances with the few stews available and guess what they were. There also were over-cooked (by about 3 to 4 days) pasta. Dessert: don’t even want to talk about them.

Staff: waiter and waitress dragging their fit across the restaurant, looking bored and depressed, apparently waiting for their lives to end … quickly…

I believe ACCOR Management should fly-out to Lagos and remove any signs of them being involved with this place as it is casting a HUGE shadow on their name and reputation.

Whatever happens, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

One of the few good news: I am using their free internet connection (which, BTW, is absolutely terrible - slow) to upload this review :-))) The connection is so bad I cannot even upload photos to support my words! Sorry readers!...

Room Tip: Simply do not stay at this hotel...
1  Thank JF_Leandri

Dear Mr. Leandri,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comment.
It is very disappointing to hear that your stay at Ibis Lagos Airport was not pleasant. Please accept our deepest apologizes.

We always look for areas that need improvement and ways that we can be better. We are currently renovating our hotel to make it a better place. The renovation on the 4th floor was completed this month and the 3rd floor is currently under renovation.

We will table your review and make improvements. Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you again.

Deepest Apologies,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The immigration officials had given me a rough time and i was very tired to notice the tiny rooms. A funny smell emanated in the corridor... The bathrooms were much smaller. The breakfast was great but did not enjoy it much given that we had a plane to catch. In fact I just slept for 3 hours!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Murenju

Dear Murenju,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. It is sad to hear that you had a rough time with the immigration officers.

ibis hotels offer a standardized product around the world. Our rooms are of the same size around the world. I hope you had the chance to rest better after you arrived at your final destination.

Thank you again for your comment and we hope you get to enjoy our today better during your next visit.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel in September, 2012. Had booked the hotel online and we found that the hotel was waiting for us. I spent a few hours at the hotel as i was on transit to Gambia. The hotel has tiny rooms and the rooms are carpetted which is not nice as they are not vacuumed daily. The staff are helpful and we got a wake up call to head to the airport on time.The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Ceropal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was great accommodating you during your visit.

Please understand that ibis hotels offer a standardized product around the world and our rooms are of the same size. Please be assured that we clean and vacuum our rooms daily.

Your praise of our staff is greatly appreciated. We know they will smile when we pass on your compliments to them. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.