“Good, safe, and friendly”
Review of Ibis Lagos Airport

Ibis Lagos Airport
Ranked #29 of 135 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a standard Ibis hotel (part of Accor group). Stayed there for business long-term in Nigeria. Close to the airport. The breakfast is decent with the option of making egg dishes at no extra cost. The rooms are standard Ibis size, clean, and comfortable. WiFi can be a tad slow at times. Staff are very friendly and professional. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 May 2014

nice,clean and very close to the airport...the dinner buffet is grand with lots of variety in main dishes,side dishes,desserts,salads,fruits..
the rooms are well maintained with free wifi..the bar seems to be well-equipped..the staff is courteous and helpful

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I can boastfully say i was among the first set of users when this hotel opened up, I just love it because I have been used to ibis hotels, (ibis chain hotels) I have used it in the UK, North Africa and in Equatorial Guinea to mention a few, I'd like to say here that the front desk staff at the ibis airport hotel are wonderful, they love their job and know that every customer that comes in to the hotel meets them first and consciously paste the 'welcome smile' and this is warm. I miss some of them who left such like Mr. Dayo etc they are good, very good, talking about the front desk staff as bad, no no no, must be another ibis, maybe ibis royal hotel which is just next door to ibis airport hotel. Please don't confuse the names, ibis royal hotel is not ibis airport hotel there is no bad Francesca at ibis airport hotel. Please stop this character damaging write up.

Wilson

Room Tip: There is a great deal of improvement from last year till date, things have improved, in fact, I was...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Wilson A
Reviewed 29 April 2014

@ tony there must be another francisca in ibis hotel,because the francisca I know is a wonderful staff,boasting not only good characters but also experience,i have been staying in ibis hotel since they started in 2011 and i know her well,I talked to her on phone(called for booking) before meeting her In person and I can tell you she is very professional.I dont think there is a genuine reason why you will have issues with miss francisca,maybe its more of a non official or personal dealing you may have had with her,officially she is polite and well groomed,experienced and deligent, she has solved so many of my problems selflessly,and she is a major reason ibis hotel is a five star hotel,ibis hotel is wonderful, and i can boldly say that it is one of the best hotels in lagos, its neat and not only francisca but all the members of staff in ibis are quite professional and caring,its proximity to the airport is a huge advantage,if you have issues with miss francisca please clear it with her in person to prove you have a point, not behind the scenes

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Wow! I never believed I could find a beautiful hotel again in Lagos, Nigeria considering that I have experienced a lot of big promise and zero delivery hotels in and around Lagos. From the very warm reception to the nice and cozy rooms, Ibis Lagos Airport hotel deserves an award. I must recognize the efforts of Ms. Francisca who made sure that all my questions were answered, and all concerns throughout my stay were resolved. She is an excellent, and tireless employee. I wish all front desk staff in all hospitality related companies are like her. Very nice hotel, and very warm hospitality. Thanks to the management and staff of Ibis Lagos Airport hotel, and many thanks to Francisca. You've got my business as a frequent traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for room that is not too away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I regularly stay at this hotel and have done since it first opened. I have over the years written poor reviews and good reviews of this hotel. The great thing is the management continue to improve the property and service to the extent I now give it an excellent rating. I do this as the hotel has refurbished the rooms meaning the room quality if you stay on one of the refurbished floors is the IBIS standard. It is not easy to run a business in a Lagos to the standards one might expect but IBiS Lagos Airport do. All the staff here are excellent including Ms Francesca who has been I feel has been unfairly described by the reviewer Tony T in the previous review. She is professional extremely helpful and caring of the guests. In the early days when the hotel had teething troubles smells, poor room quality and poor wifi (all one rectified) it was Ms Francesca who made your stay enjoyable she would go to extraordinary lengths to solve the problem and with a big smile. We should not use trip advisor to beat up hotel staff by name publicly that is tantamount to bullying and I am surprised that Trip advisor would allow this to happen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Davies B
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your last stay at the Ibis Lagos Airport.

Your continious feedback over the years have served as en encouragement to all our staff as we strive to improve the quality ot our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best Regards
Peter De Bondt

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Firstly the location is very excellent i must commend the owners for that,getting into the country and seeing the hotel close by just takes so many stress off your. Wonderful taxi service , environment is well maintained. I must commend the front desk lady Francisca,are warmth reception towards me was simply excellent amd very professional unlike other hotels i have been too, because to me , a deciding factor of any hotel i go too is the front desk reception and if that isnt excellent then the hotel isnt but for what i experienced here i would give it an excellent rating.The taxi service was very ok. Keep up the good works

Stuart O

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank GabrielSuttonS

Dear Sir,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Lagos Airport.

I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing and looking forward welcoming you again at the Ibis Lagos Airport.

Peter De Bondt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Three Arms
Ibis Lagos Ikeja
Ibis Lagos Ikeja
#39 of 135 in Lagos
Presken Hotel & Resorts Ltd

Been to Ibis Lagos Airport? Share your experiences!