“Our Lagos home and office”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lagos
La Cour Hotel Cooper
Ranked #1 of 782 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I have been using La Cour Boutique (Cooper rd) pretty regularly. I love the atmosphere there, relaxed and efficient and the restaurant has never disappoinred me. Whenever I have organised events, things have gone smoothly. A few things in the rooms could be upgraded, but the space and the overall design are just excellent. Will be there again in 2 weeks.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank civet

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had breakfast there and asked to be show around cos I love what they did with space.
In the commercial area of Lagos it is a rarity to discover very serene, quiet places with lush green.
All the rooms are suites and for the price starting at $300 per night it is affordable by Lagos standards!
Breakfast was excellent as well, staff very friendly. Particularly look out for Naomi at the concierge and Blessing in the restaurant. They'll sort you out!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lola E
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Great stay last week at this hotel. V professional and helpful staff from the owner and manager through to the chambermaids and bar staff. (The owner ont only lent me his Ipad charger but offered to get one from town for me if i need one). Relaxed comfortable stay with professional, curteous and efficient staff

Manager runs a tight ship and is present and around to ensure that all is going smoothly.

Nice stay - relaxed comfortable and really easy. I would definietely recommend this hotel to visitors to Lagos

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aqasaxman
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have stayed in La Cour on several occasions in the past and am also a regular visitor to the bar and restaurant. La Cour is something of a haven in Lagos and provides a friendly and welcoming atmosphere in a city which is not renowned for those qualities. What stands out is the exceptionally hands on approach of the manager, Horst, who is always there to greet guests and to make sure that everything is running smoothly and efficiently. No doubt due to Horst's management, the staff are also well above average for the city and provide an efficient and friendly service. The rooms I have stayed in (at this and the sister hotel nearby) are better described as apartments, with spacious living areas in addition to the bedrooms. The restaurant is also worth visiting, even if you are not staying in the hotel. Highly recommended and one of my favourite venues in Lagos.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Just a small note to add to my previous review of this hotel. During a recent stay at the La Cour, I went to the bar/lounge area and had a cup of tea while reading my book, then left to return to my room about an hour later. While making my way up the stairs, one of the staff ran after me to let me know that he had found my wallet while cleaning up, (it must have fallen out of the shallow pockets in my trousers.) He handed the wallet to me and I was obviously relieved and only too happy to give him a very good tip. This is a glaring example of the quality and honesty of the staff at this hotel. (Thank you and well done Raph. You're a credit to an already excellent hotel.)

Room Tip: Try to find time to walk around the hotel and enjoy the plants and greenery.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brander S
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Many expats who live in Lagos consider this the best value for money hotel in Lagos. As a result it is used for regular meetings, drinks and dinners by various diplomats as well as business people.
I have been staying at regular intervals since last March and have been very happy here. It is a very well run, friendly and secure hotel with free internet and good food and drink including Captain Morgan's Rum ! My experience in the past since the 1970's in visits to Lagos was not a happy one from a cost and comfort point of view, from 5 star to what I would label one star hotels. The La Cour, Cooper Road has therefore been a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: My preference is the second floor (UK) East side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnMobsby1
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I have spent approximately 90 nights at the La Cour Cooper in last year. It truly is my home away from home.

Excellent service starts the moment you check in. A member of the management staff takes you to your suite and makes sure all is well. Most of the rooms have a sitting are and one or two bedrooms. All are large and airy and the cleaning staff is fast and efficient. (Sometimes the room is made up when I return from breakfast.)

Horst, the general manager is always on site and does not shut himself behind a closed door. He is always in the lounge or the restaurant, and his goal is customer satisfaction. (There was a water problem one time for a couple of hours. Later that day, he gave me a bottle of wine for my inconvenience.) Each room has free WiFi and it is very conducive to getting work done.

Each suite has a king-size bed, two flat screen TV's, refrigerator and, in some rooms, a wet bar. The bathrooms are large and have either a large tub and shower combo or a large shower.

The grounds of the hotel have lush, naturally growing plants: from 20 foot palms to climbing vines. The landscaping gives a feeling of a paradise in the midst of a busy city.

The restaurant has a wide selection of preferences and everything is excellent, and cooked in a European or American style. The service is impeccable. I drink Diet Coke, but the hotel serves Pepsi products. When I check in now, there is Diet Coke available.

I can have my pick of any hotel in Lagos, but the La Cour is more than a hotel, it is home.

Room Tip: Rooms 39-44 have the best WiFi signal
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business