“Avoid.”

Ranked #14 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Lockport
“Avoid.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Disgusting, filthy, deplorable. My dogs rear end is cleaner than this feces hole. Stay home.

• Stayed December 2011
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Logan L,

Thanks your for stayong with us at the Sheraton Lagos Hotel and thak you for your review.

We are really sorry you feel this way about us and we are presently working out ways to give the hotel a facelift and also render services that will make you smile.

TThanks you for choosing Sheraton lagos Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Greater London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Hotel is so TIRED,it seems no one cares.
Staff do what they want when they want,it seems they are not here to serve customers. Rooms+bathrooms are dirty:dust,hair,rubbish under the bed...come on SHERATON DO SOMETHING, there are many new hotels in Lagos,will not recommend this one.Food::ordered spaghetti Bolognese and I was sick,hygiene should be priority number 1.DOES ANY ONE CARE ??Does anyone from Sheraton check this hotel sometimes ???

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mariomad

Travellers are raving about these Lagos hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

As a flight attendant I have stayed in more hotels around the world than I care to count. Unfortunately this one ranks as one of my least favourite! It is very tired and dated, in need of a full renovation and refresh. It is, however, better than it was a few years ago and hopefully will continue to improve.

There are a number of other issues which also need to be resolved:
Power cuts - too frequent and unnecessary
Internet - 7000 Naira (£30) for 24 hours in the room is way too expensive for any hotel. The free internet in the lobby takes a long time to connect, is unreliable and painfully slow once you do manage to connect!
Food - the choice is limited and expensive. Although when I asked the waitress and the poolside restaurant if there was any 'local' cuisine, I was offered fish stew with jollof rice which was relatively reasonably priced and delicious.
Rooms - the 'finish' even in the newly renovated rooms is poor and looks unprofessional. My drinking glasses the other day were dirty and remained unused! While the room looked recently renovated, the bathroom was not and looked old and tired.

On a positive note, I have visited this hotel (no choice in that matter) many times and have always found the staff to be very polite and welcoming at all times. I do wish the hotel would invest in more up to date equipment for the reception staff though. It has never taken me less than 10 minutes to check out and this is due mainly to a painfully slow computer system! As a former hotel front of house manager, I know that this will only serve to improve the customer experience at this hotel as even after a good stay, a frustrating check out will be the last thing a customer remembers!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the entrance as you may be disturbed by noise from the night club!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mnpharaoh
Dear Mnpharaoh,

Thanks a lot for taking out time to tell us about your stay. We are sincerely sorry for all the inconveniences the frequent power cut out must have caused you, please do accept our sincere appology.

We want to assure you that after our renovation which is commencing in a couple of weeks time, you will see Sheraton and never be disappointed.

Thank you once again for your time and your sincere review, we look forward to seeing you again at the Sheraton Lagos Hotel.
salt lake city utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I've been here 3 times in the last month or so. It is not a fancy hotel by any means but seemed acceptable until this time. I turned on the shower and it seemed as if thick coffee was coming out of the shower head. I had to run to get my camera because I've never seen anything like this before. It got me thinking...HUM what do they wash their dishes with? Knock on wood I haven't gotten sick....YET. The dinner Buffet and Breakfast Buffet were actually delicious. The general staff are very friendly with the exception of a few staff members checking people in and out. But I shouldn't generalize on them because one lady was very friendly checking in. The pool seems nice. The room clock is eternally flashing due to the frequent power outages. Security seems to be ok. Do try the outdoor dinner Buffet as well as the Breakfast buffet. Don't brush your teeth with the tap water. I may just jump in the swimming pool an hour before I leave to clean off. Gross yes but a shower seems to be worse

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor will have less sediment in the pipes? Maybe not.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Perfect Hotel, Top service, perfect location. The staffs ( Restaurant, Front desk, Guest Service etc. ) were very friendly.A very rich Breakfast Buffet with fresh fruits.Free Internet asses at the Lobby.Very attentive service from all the staffs and we loved the free water in the room. My two daughters felt really at home. Sheraton Lagos is always a place to be.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Accra, Ghana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Received good service from most of the staff which made the stay bearable. However the room smelled stale and damp, thankfully we were relocated to another room after much ado. Food was quite nice actually, we had the mixed grill (pork, lamb and chicken) with chips.
Loved the mattress, I think that was the best thing of the whole stay.

The general facilities that need help: bath tub, shower curtains tiles in the bathroom.

Go for the floor that does not have carpeting in the room (eg 2 floor) much better.
The location of this hotel makes it prime for travellers, proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor without carpeting
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
GeneralManagerSLH, Director of Sales at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear Aderenle2, We indeed appreciate your feedback about our hotel. Thanks a lot for the nice comments about our staff, our food and our bed. These three points are some of our unique selling points that set us apart in the industry and in the marketplace. I agree with you 100% that guests are guaranteed sound sleep on our Shareton Sweet Sleeper Bed.

We cannot agree less with you about the state of some of our rooms; not all. You are correct; they need upgrade! That is why effective January 2012, we are embarking on a strategic renovation of the hotel. In fact, we have 2 mock up rooms on the first floor; completely finished and reflecting the exact and new looks of our rooms after the renovations. We'll be glad to show you this rooms during your next stay.

Pls note that we do appreciate your loyalty and patronage of our hotel and you can rest assured that we'll do everything to make your stay most pleasurable always.

Once again, we thank you for the time you have taken to write the review. Pls feel free to contact me on your next stay.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Thankfully I did not have to pay for this one night stay. It was on the executive floors, very plush, excellent level of service and lovely room, but for a price that is more than a good London hotel. It is expensive no doubt and I would not have stayed if it was coming from my travel budget! Food was ok, but nothing fantastic, the staff in other parts of the hotel were not as well versed in etiquette and service as was given on the executive floors, very much an us and them hotel frankly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Hi, Thanks a lot for staying with us at the Sheraton Lagos Hotel. We also appreciate you for taking the time to write this review about our hotel.

All issues you have raised have been noted and are receiving immediate attention. One of the pertinent issues is the fact that the hotel rooms need upgrade. We agree with you that some of our rooms need to be renovated. Some rooms still look very good though; I could show you and ensure you get one of these rooms during your next stay.

Our hotel is in the highest demand in the marketplace because of our various strenghs - food quality and variety, safety and security, hygiene, quality of staff, proximity to the airport and so on. As a result of this, we are unable to guarantee the better rooms for every guest. But trust me, all of our rooms are furnished with the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed and I could see you rated us highest on sleep quality - I agree with you completely.

We however are proceeding on renovations of the hotel come January 2012. We even have sample rooms we could show you now. These rooms show you what the renovated rooms will look like by the time we are done with them. We'll be more than glad to show you these rooms and get your input as well - It's your hotel!

We believe you don't just stay at Sheraton; you belong! You are not just a guest, you are a member of the family and we do very much appreciate your feedback.

Pls do le me know when next you plan to visit Lagos as we look forward to welcoming you back to the warm welcome and stay at the Sheraton Lagos Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Four Points by Sheraton Lagos
Southern Sun Ikoyi
Southern Sun Ikoyi
#2 of 130 in Lagos
Protea Hotel by Marriott Ikeja Select

Been to Sheraton Lagos Hotel? Share your experiences!