“One of the better one's in Lagos”

Sheraton Lagos Hotel
Ranked #16 of 134 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was on a business trip in Lagos and stayed in the hotel for extended period of time. Well appointed rooms with very comfortable beds - good sleep quality.

They have a large pool and a full size lawn tennis court for recreational activities.

I'm a vegetarian so had some trouble finding good food but the chef of the La Giara restaurant was kind enough to get me some good pizza's and fried mozzarella. Goodies (Irish Pub) again is a good place to hang out.

Staff was helpful. Overall a good place - albeit a bit expensive

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Sanchit04,

Many thanks on taking time to coment on tripadvisor. The quality of our service and standard is impeccable as you have felt. However, Our all day dining buffet (Crockpot Restuarant)have a variety of vegetarian palate and non-vegetarian. Please feel free to savour your delight when next you visit us.

Have a pleasant day.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Lagos Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Got to stay here for just one night, while on business in Lagos.
It was rather expensive (approx USD 350+) a night, but it was my first time, and not knowing what sort of safety precautions I would need to take, the Sheraton seemed like a very safe bet.

Didn't get to explore the hotel, but had breakfast at the restaurant and it was quite a lovely spread. Front desk staff were friendly and welcoming - which was nice, especially when you arrive after a long and tiring flight!

The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Did not have slippers or a bathrobe, as I expected, but its not a deal breaker.

I got what I wanted - a place I could count on as a safe, comfortable place in bustling Lagos.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Prithim,

We appreciate you for posting your comment and to know that your found your stay valuable.We
offer very competitive rate in our environment with quality standard service as you experienced.

Please feel fee to visit us again.

Thanks and best regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I couldn't believe what I saw,when I friend of mine gave me a call to meet him there.I've been hearing of Sheraton Hotel in Ikeja but I've not been there,but as soon as I set my eyes on d place,it was an amazing place to be.they've got a good services,wonderful structure,comedy zone relaxation spot,where you meet people that entertains you,and their meal is so delicious.But that's not a new thing in Africa concerning having a good meal,they're blessed by God for that.I really had my fun,and I'm even longing to be there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Obbyno,

We are super-excited to know you enjoyed every bit of your stay. Thank you for visiting us and sending your feedback. Please feel free to come again.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

the brand sheraton evokes a certain awe and hence high expectation.but alas it was not the best of hotels.check in was inefficient but can be understood because we were a big group.it was highly expensive for the services it offered.may be because of the monopoly it holds in the area near to the airport. outlets were okay. rooms are strictly okay.breakfast was good though.pretty much old world hotel. the swimming pool was very good. staffs were very friendly but untrained.security in this part is very important and they scored well here.i was impressed when they stopped me in the porch with a food parcel brought from outside. they have a zero tolerance policy in this and thats very assuring .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Chefficiency,

Thank yob for taking time to review our hotel. It is unfortunate that we did not entirely meet the expectations other Sheraton Hotels have provided. Please send us an email on guestservice.00445@sheraton.com for an indepth knowledge on how to resolve the issues as this is one of the benefits of feedback.

Thank you so much and have apleasant day.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We only spent a night here;arrived in the night and left next morning so didn't have time to explore the hotel.But the much i saw was nice enough,which is not surprising;Sheraton is supposed to be a '5 star' hotel,right?Nice grounds,nice location and warm reception by concierge...didn't expect less..
Our room was spotless,32 inch TV,big writing desk,comfy bed,powerful AC,spotless bathroom with toiletries.I had expected a mini bar,bathrobe,slippers but there was none;in a '5 star' hotel?When we ordered dinner it arrived complete with a trolley,flowers and all,nice touch!The downside is that the menu was badly limited,very little to choose from...but when our order came,it was delicious.
All in all,Sheraton is...well,nice but overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Touristbee2013,

I am glad to hear that the majority of your stay with us was satisfactory. The guest room amenities like bathroobe, slippers etc are upon your request. We appreciate the time to post such positive comments on your stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The staff at this hotel are the worst. They all need to be completely retrained. The are at best civil. They are slow checking you out and slow checking you in. They have this air of disdain about them and are certainly not welcoming. Double check your bill also because things appear that you may not have signed for. The room staff are noisy and don't seem to be bothered about chatting loudly in the corridors. On every floor there is a security person but to be honest I hate leaving the room because I know that these so called security personnel have seen me leave. The water in the bathrooms runs brown which makes me feel dirty just looking at it. The rooms are dark and the floors are covered in laminate which is noisy especially from the rooms above. There was an adjoining door in my room and I was able to hear the tv in the room next door.
Food and beverages in this hotel are quite expensive but it feels safer eating in rather than venture out into the city in the dark. I think the prices reflect this. You are basically a captive.
Some positives were the air conditioning worked and the Internet worked in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tony R

Dear Tony R,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay did not meet your expectations. The popoularity of our frequent traveler progam (SPG) was demoostrated during your check in/check out process and we certainly apologize that you encountered this delay. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. Please feel free to contact me on guestservice.00445@sheraton.com.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Not sure why there's so many harsh reviews here, as I found the hotel to be perfect for a short stay. I remind folks to keep things in context. The Sheraton was a sight for sore eyes after 1.5 hours spent in customs and baggage pickup at Lagos Airport.

First, I recommend using the rental car service from the Sheraton, Planet Rental, (arrange the service in advance over the phone or e-mail), they will pick you up from the airport and drive you directly to the hotel, relatively inexpensive and most importantly, SAFE. I cannot emphasize how key this service is....this was my first time to Nigeria and was traveling solo. The outside of the airport is a mob scene. Horns honking, insane traffic, tons of people wanting to offer you a ride. My driver found me after a few minutes, and, was super polite, drove well, (roadways in Nigeria are not for the faint of heart), and knew a short cut that had us avoid at least 30 minutes of traffic.

Upon arrival, all of the staff were incredibly courteous. The hotel is gated for safety, there are also guards at each floor every evening. The check-in was seamless, I was able to exchange US dollars on site, I had a room overlooking the pool (which looked very nice but I didn't have a chance to visit), and the room was clean. The bed, (after 24 hours of flights), was amazing. Super comfortable. There was a flat screen TV, fast and free Internet, AC worked fine. I arrived in time for a quick stop at the bar, (they close around 10:30 pm but room service I believe is offered later into the evening), had a hamburger and fries, were excellent. Also had coffee at the bar in the morning, the waitstaff were very accommodating--breakfast I believe is included with most if not all of the room rates, but, I didn't have time to eat in the morning before heading to my next destination.

I had looked into several hotels in and around Lagos for my trip and was pleased I went with Sheraton rather than a few hotels I passed along the way. It's a bit expensive but in my opinion, was worth every penny.

Room Tip: The hotel will exchange money for you at the front desk, exchange rate isn't too bad. Use the Pl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Tanya,

It gives us great excitement to hear you had a superb stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking time to post your review. Do make out time to visit us again as we will gladly accomodate you again and make your next stay filled with pleasant memories.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Four Points by Sheraton Lagos
Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos
The Wheatbaker
The Wheatbaker
#1 of 134 in Lagos

Been to Sheraton Lagos Hotel? Share your experiences!