“Terrible service”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I organised a sit out meeting with a couple of friends and we decided to meet at Double Four at the Palms on a sunny afternoon. When we got seated, the waiter brought the menu to us and said she would be back. To my surprise, she never came back. Rather she was serving and meeting the foreigners that came in. I called her several times but no reply. To be sincere, she came back after an hour. Then I asked her why she abandoned us and she had no reply. As you would imagine, I lost my appetite but my friends were still hungry, so while they were placing their orders, the same lady was busy looking and concentrating on another table that had foreigners on it. My friends noticed and were really mad so we got up and left. Am sure the waiters felt they wouldn't get a tip from us. There was no supervisor to even report the incidence. I think that's an absurd service located in the heart of the island. We rather went to the food court and enjoyed our meal. I may never ever go there again. Really disgusting service. However, the food should be good as I have eaten there before.

Visited October 2013

Lagos, Nigeria
“Good family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good family restaurant. Great food. This place has been around for very long time and has stood the test of time. Been open since I was a little girl and Im 39 now. Try their chicken escalope when you get there! I recommend it.

• Visited February 2013
“Cafe Vergnano 1882”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

You will find different names for it, 44, Double Four, Cafe Vergnana, Cafe Vergnano 1882.. They are all the same place.

They have different branches in Lagos, my favourite is at The Palms Shopping Mall.
Nice food (Salads, Sandwiches, Main dishes, etc), except the breakfast is Just Ok...
They also serve pastries, but once they are not fresh you won't enjoy it.
Very reasonably priced.