“An expensive budget hotel”
Review of Ibis Lagos Ikeja

Ibis Lagos Ikeja
Ranked #51 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Mumbai
“An expensive budget hotel”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The poor service and indifferent surly attitude of the staff should be enough to deter me from using this hotel again. Though pretty functional, one does expect a little more from a hotel.
The rooms are quite small but clean. The restaurant & bar menu is fairly overpriced. So is the laundry.
Sizzlers- a small eatery next door- is probably a better place to find something to eat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Solange B, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Ikeja, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear M. ZZDHIR,

Thank you for staying in our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms.
We are disapointed that you have received a mediocre service during your stay and that the attitude of our staff was unpleasant.

We sincerely sorry and apologize for this inconvenience.

Regarding prices of our menu, we try to offer our customers the best quality at the best price meals.

We will consider your comments to improve our service. Looking forward to welcome you to Ibis Ikeja for a new stay.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 5 February 2014

On arrival, your first impresion is that you are in a world class hotel but the service is everything but world class. The reception has just one toilet and two Urinals for all guest including those hiring the meeting rooms for seminars. You have to wait your turn to use the Toilet except you are booked into a Room. The default request to every Request is NO WE DONT DO IT. No complimentary toothpaste in the bathrooms for overnight guest and you dont even get a complimentary bottle of water . when you decde to buy at their exorbitant rate, you take the risk of not getting your change.
Over all i wouldnt Use this Hotel a second time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tayo A
Solange B, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Ikeja, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear M. TAYO,

We are sorry to hear that we did not totally match your expectation during your stay in our hotel.

Regarding your comment about the number of toilets, we have toilets in the lobby and at the swimming pool and our guest can be directed to any toilet. We are sorry that our front office staff did not inform you.

We have also taken note of your comment about the complementary toothpaste in the bathroom, we have toothpaste available at the front office for all our guests.

We also put complementary bottle of water in each bedroom daily.

We are once again sorry that you were not getting your change after buying a bottle of water. We will ensure the availability of change in the restaurant and reception.

We thank you for your feed back and we look forward to seeing you again for a much better experience.
Solange BWAME

Travellers are raving about these Lagos hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 January 2014

On this trip to Africa, Ibis Ikeja was probably the worst nightmare in the whole of my stay. During my week stay (yes, seven nights), the hotel staff gave me continuously the impression they had no clue of what they were doing. A few examples are the fact that there is no possible way you can give your credit card as a guaranty and pay for your drinks and snacks at the end of your stay, like everywhere around the world. Maybe they did this to me because I booked and paid for the hotel stay via Expedia and not directly with them?!?!

Another thing is that I got an upset stomach on the last day of my stay. Since my Air France flight was only at 23:55, I asked if I could stay in my room until 18:00. The hotel manager has demanded nearly USD$100 for these few hours of “late check-out”. This is ridiculous, as it never happened to me in any other place around the world. It’s OK to pay for late “check-out”, I agree, of course, but so much and just for a few hours at the IBIS?

Last but not least, if you eat à la carte, it takes them nearly one hour to prepare what you've ordered (even if it just a sandwich). The hotel had during one day no running water from 10:00 to 19:00. Power outages also happened a few times.

I would say, take it is, this Africa, but, due to the fact that I have an upset stomach and people had absolutely no consideration for that, that’s goes beyond my human comprehension.

I wish you all well and hope never to come back again to this place.

Room Tip: The lower your room is, the better chances you have of having running water.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dornes
Solange B, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Ikeja, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hello Mr. DORNES, we are sorry for all you may have suffered during your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience that this causes you.

Your queries concerning the obtaining guarantees for credit cards is justified, we are aware and we make all our efforts to solve this problem.

Our check out time is 12 PM, we grant our customer a free late check out up to 2PM, without extra billing. Above 2 PM, we charge customer 50% of the room rate (92.5 usd.)

Once again please accept our apologies and we thank you for giving us your return, which in our opinion is very important to improve our service.

Regarding the long time for serving food, we do everything possible to reduce to the maximun the time.

In order to offer our customers a better quality of water, we have implemented a monthly maintenance of our tanks system. On that day we carry out the monthly maintenance and we advise all our customers of the lack of water in rooms from 11am to17 pm.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Ikeja to capture the changes brought by your feedback.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Lovely, clean, functional hotel right in the heart of Lagos. Close to exits out of Lagos. Beautiful price too. The bed was wonderful. And the blinds did shut out the light so I could sleep long after the sun came out. However local dishes are not served after 10pm and though the hotel boasts of breakfast from 4am, the hot items are not served until 6am! Also my booking which was made on line could not be traced. I was lucky I had a copy of the confirmation with me. The male staff were by far more helpful and pleasant than the female. Will I be back? Certainly but will be smarter about feeding.

Room Tip: I had a room over looking shanty roofs facing the road: not very nice
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Solange B, Directeur général at Ibis Lagos Ikeja, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
2. Reply to EseO80

Dear EseO80,

We are happy to hear that you had a lovely time in our hotel.

We take note of your comments regarding lack of local dishes after 10pm, we will endeavour to develop appropriate light local meals to meet our guests liking after this period.

We serve light breakfast from 4am for our early risers and hot meals are only available from 6am in line with Ibis Hotel brand standard all over the world.

We occasionally experience tracing some on line bookings and we are actively monitoring the situation to eliminate this problem.

We thank you for your positive feedback which will serve as an encouragement for us to continue to give our guest a very good service.

Bwame Solange
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have rated my 2 night stay as average because I experienced some issues with basic facilities which was unexpected from an international hotel chain as IBIS. First was the wireless, it was a lot slower than the one I use at home and there were certain times it tripped off completely. Secondly was the POS service, I tried to make payment twice and it was declined, I then had to use the ATM against my wish. This brings me to another issue which is my suspicion that staff may be cheating the hotel. For all my payments I wasn't issued a receipt until I asked and when eventually I got it there were a lot of irregularities but I just decided not to raise the issue with the staff. Visitors should always ask for receipts and Mr Zak if you want more details of the irregularities I observed you can call me. My check in name is Michael and I checked out this morning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MOB705
Dear MOB705,

We are sorry to hear that we did not match your expectation in some aspect of your stay in our hotel.

We would wish to bring to your attention that our hotel is equipped with the best locally available fibre optics connection to the internet. This connection method is adjudged better and more reliable than the radio connection widely available locally and we are indeed uncertain of the reason behind your poor internet connection during your stay, but be rest assured that no expense or effort is spared to ensure all our guests enjoy very high speed connection to the internet most of the time as we are primarily a business friendly hotel. We will continue to monitor the system with a view to put in place any corrective actions as may be necessary.

We are aware of occasional problem with our POS service mainly due to poor connectivity on the public network used by our bankers and we both continually strive to ensure this problem is a thing of the past.

Regarding the irregularities you noticed in your bill, we will contact you to enlist for more information to get to the root of the matter and act accordingly.

We thank you for your invaluable feedback which will definitely help us to improve our guests experience.

Bwame Solange