“Lagos Airport Hotel is Okay!”

and 1 more site!
Lagos Airport Hotel
Ranked #89 of 135 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Lagos airport hotel is not bad after all. My flight was delayed and i was checked into the hotel for one night. The rooms was okay. Newly renovated. The service was okay and the staff were very friendly. I had no regrets at all. I recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: i was told that renovation was in progress in the outer wing. I stayed in the main building. You may...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank Scoze S

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Lagos airport Hotel is a jungle in an advanced Jungle.
I had my three toes sliced by their nonfunctional wardrobe doors.The next day after the incident the Manager on duty never bothered to ask me as a guest how I was faring with such odious and painful injury.
I will not recommend this Hotel to anyone as the Management is burnt-out and facilities are archaic.You will be living in a jungle if you stay here,
The junior staff are quite friendly but the top Management is nothing to write home about I regret my stay there.And it was unnecessarily expensive.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Guest m
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I was transiting through on my way back from Calabar, so it was just half a day and a night, with an evil early morning start.

My booking was screwed up, the hotel was lying about having an airport shuttle bus, and consequently I had to get local currency and a local taxi. Seemed to be half an hour from the new airport (ie, not close), but that could be the lottery of lagos taxis punishing me.

They also had technical issues with their credit card terminals and seemed to think this was my problem, and I needed to find cash to check in. Not a nice situation, I had to ring my bank to get something sorted, and asking for an unannounced transaction to Nigeria can be hard to do with wary UK banks!

I see others have commented on the state of repair, It does seem to have some shabby annex buildings, but the rooms inside were fine. Has a nice pool and adjacent bar, I ate in the Chinese restaurant, which was pretty good.

Mostly a hotel used by locals, and the pool had a lot of kids from a local school visiting. I found people in the hotel to be very friendly and actually quite enjoyed my short stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Traveling_Since_1992
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Had stayed here for a day.Overall will recommend if you are looking a hotel very ear to the airport.However cusine hey offer is typically local and not much choice for food.

Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank mkj1
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Useful because so close to airport if you are in transit to other areas of Nigeria, but just awful...

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank jacgal
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I stayed here a week in March and have found scantime's review to be the most accurate. This hotel certainly has seen better days and is in desperate need of refurbishment. The main hotel building is certainly better than the adjacent annex, which is a bit depressing to look at. I was glad I wasn't in there

The hotel does have some plus points

1. It is near to the airport
2. Security appears pretty good
3. Rooms are not filthy, nor was (in my experience) the water brow
4. Everything in the room worked
5. The restaurant food was palattable, African, yes, but palattable and did not cause my tummy too many problems
6. The pool bar area was OK for a drink on an evening

There are also minus points

1. For people not used to travelling outside of Europe/USA the hotel will feel "sub-standard". It is grubby by western standards, particularly in the corridor/stair areas
2. Unless proximity to the airport is your number one priority, the Ikeja area will offer no other reasons for it to be your choice of base
3. For what you get it is expensive

It is a little amusing to peruse some of the reviews, as there are two or three that are blatantly posted by people connected with the hotel. It is not the best hotel in Lagos, the hotel itself will not make you want to return again and again and it is not getting better by the day

In short, you'll survive it. In my experience it was not as dirty as described by others, but the Marriott Manhatten it is not. You're in Nigeria - remember that

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank shaun1967
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I am confused by the positive reviews on this site. Did they stay in a different hotel entirely? Or maybe this main biulding is really different from the part I stayed in. This is truly one of the worst hotels I ever visited, and I travel thoughout Africa and have been to many bad hotels. If you do decide to go, ask for a room in the mythical main building. And just to be sure, take your own sheets.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business