“My weekend stay at Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja.”

Lagos Airport Hotel
Ranked #80 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Lagos, Nigeria
“My weekend stay at Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja.”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I flew in from London and needed a quiet place to rest for the weekend, and equally meet with my business partners.
The room setting was functional enough for our meeting, as there was a well set out reading table and a good socket to plug my laptop. The food throughout my stay was always warm and tasty; but the furniture was in state of decay. The poolside was bubbling with activity, and I found it exciting all through my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Willy O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The location is ideal but the facilities are o worn and shabby. It is the same as the last time I used it. Grossly over staffed by inefficient people that openly solicit for money. The management should revamp the image and improve facilities. It is guaranteed patronage due to location and past glory. I will use it again,grudgingly though or safety and convenience reasons

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Adefioye K

Travellers are raving about these Lagos hotels

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Having read previous, mostly negative, reviews of the hotel, I was anxious to know how I would fare on my ten-day business stay. I was pleasantly surprised. I was in a ''luxury'' room and, though not sumptuous, it was comfortable, with a/c, a large bed, desk, fridge, flat screen TV and a decent en suite bathroom. The room was very clean, and supplied daily with bottled water and a newspaper. The best thing of all about the hotel though is the staff. The managers, waitrons, cleaning staff and security guards all are incredibly friendly and service oriented. The breakfasts provide a great opportunity to sample Nigerian food. My only wish is that they can sort out the wifi (paid for with vouchers) so that it can be accessible in all the bedrooms; I had to sit by the pool (olympic size, by the way) to get online. I also loved the book shop in the hotel; packed with books and open all hours. Regarding the price, it was not cheap but all hotels in Nigeria seem to be highly priced, so I would say this provides good value for money given that factor.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Paula G
Kaduna
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Lagos Airport Hotel has really improved tremendously from my last experience.The rooms are renovated with new clean toilets curtains and floor tiles.I met some guests of UNDP holding a programme in the hotel with some foreigners.
The hotel has greatly improved and i am impressedwith the current management for the transformation.The room rate are very reasonable with full buffet breakfast.I will recommend the hotel to anybody intending to visit Lagos at convenient rates.

Kudos and keep it up !!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank usmankaduna
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Awful.
My room smelled like the previous occupant had been a horse.
There were frequent power cuts.
Poor internet access with frequent drop outs.
The Bed was lumpy, smelled and the floor covering was in poor shape.
I tried to exchange some currency but the lobby staff were unable to help.
Restaurant was very slow....over an hour for a simple cheese and ham sandwich, with only one other table occupied.
Room service , means you can eat in your room but you must fetch it yourself.
Would not wish to stay here ever again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Humphreythebear
London
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I was in this hotel becos it was mistakenly booked for me with a colleague, and I paid dearly for it. Having arrived from the UK on the 29th of January evening, we were checked into the hotel. Normally, I would have been at Joseph Court / House of J / Proteas, but since it was just for the night before embarking on my journey out of Lagos the following day, I made a nasty mistake by deciding to stay in that shabby hotel. I was having headache, and the following morning, I went to the restuarant for breakfast prior to taking Nurofen. I could not use the hot water kettle because it was not fit for human use ! The breakfast lasted less than 12 minutes, and on getting back, there he was, the room cleaner looking and acting suspicious in a state of shock on seing me. I noticed my jacket on the bed with the inner pocket out, and alas, my wallet was GONE!!!

Checked conducted, he was the only person seing on the CCTV to have entered the room. He denied being in possession of my wallet and ALL the content therein. He was locked up at the local police station for 2 or 3 days, but he denied stealing my wallet. The management did everything human possible to find the wallet, but I eventually left the left the hotel on the third day when there was no head way. No compensation whatsoever. Thanks goodness it contained just foreign currency and bank cards but not my passports.

The hotel was never in modernised at all. How they still manage to operate and sustain same is beyond imagination. But then this is Nigeria. So my candid opinion is that you stay there at your considerable risk.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Segun A
Abuja
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I could not believe my eyes on getting to our suite! It's a sore spot!! This property should've been renovated a decade ago!!! Archaic couches, old and noisy AC, dented litter-bin, white-turned-brown towels & bathrobe (I couldn't even touch them, even though they were washed clean; they were too old), very old bath tub, leaking fridge... you name it, it's in there. There was even a note on the bathroom door that said if you need to purchase a new bathrobe, it cost N4,000. Now, that is the height of shamelessness (it means the management also knows that guests wouldn't be comfortable with the one provided. How can you buy a bathrobe for use in a hotel???)

On a brighter note, the room service was excellent. African dishes were great- 110%. Staff were courteous, environment was clean. Hotel has a bar and a pool. The security of the hotel was also ok. Private cabs on standby for transfers to anywhere (dial the number provided on the phone directory) and hotel is located close to the airport. I would've loved this place as they have many good things about them but the sight of our room ruined everything, I wish the management would get some conscience and renovate it soon. Awwww!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple