“Shocking "comedy hotel"”

Ranked #80 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
abuja
“Shocking "comedy hotel"”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were on a 3 day training to this hotel and it was not a pleasant stay for me and my group. Julia vitullo Martin titled it a "comedy hotel" All we could do was laugh off the stress, pain and food!

The building needs a total revamp. The furniture is totally worn out and needs immediate attention. The food is tasteless and extremely expensive! The staff are very non chalant and have no courtesy. My room was never cleaned until I make atleast three calls!
Food and room service was never on time. Power outage occurred every 30 minutes ( no jokes) for the whole period we were here.

The towels need total change and so do their cleaners who are careless about cleaning. Many a times the mop stick was left at my door step even though my room went uncleaned. The bedsheets etc all need total makeover.

my colleagues and I have terrible issues with our stomach on the first day after the meals and that scared most of them from eating at the hotel.

Be wary of the lifts! it gets stuck every minute and no one may notice you are in there!

The hotel is at a central location that should give it good business. BUT......

Room Tip: rooms on the main block are better
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wakawaka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mbabane, Swaziland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This place is much closer to the air port than Eko hotel. It has its reception almost by the gate in a separate building that contains the bookshop, a hall used by a church, the restaurant and other rooms with other facilities. The food is good but expensive so we eat outside. Breakfast is with the rooms and very good. You can eat as much as you want but cannot take away.
The car pack is inside and well secured. The rooms are good and on many long tall buildings. For security you pass through a narrow gate one at a time. This is also the security post.
I have been here several time on my way in or out of Nigeria on medical missions with Pro-Health International headed by Dr Ibanga and Samaritan feet headed by Manny.
The rooms are good. Most times I got the ground floor which is old. In one of the rooms I stayed in the bed had more than one mattress. I like the very solid well polished furnitures. They are so heavy that you cannot just move them. They had solid heavy curtains too which I found difficult to move aside to see outside. Anyway all I want is a place to rest and catch my flight on time. For this it is very convenient to avoid Lagos hold up. I must say I admire all the staff always dressed in Adire
They provide news papers every morning.
Because it is expensive, for stay more than a day, I use Bishop court which is also in Ikeja. If you book your taxi early you will not miss your flight

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank MgdaleneI
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I flew in from London and needed a quiet place to rest for the weekend, and equally meet with my business partners.
The room setting was functional enough for our meeting, as there was a well set out reading table and a good socket to plug my laptop. The food throughout my stay was always warm and tasty; but the furniture was in state of decay. The poolside was bubbling with activity, and I found it exciting all through my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Willy O
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The location is ideal but the facilities are o worn and shabby. It is the same as the last time I used it. Grossly over staffed by inefficient people that openly solicit for money. The management should revamp the image and improve facilities. It is guaranteed patronage due to location and past glory. I will use it again,grudgingly though or safety and convenience reasons

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Adefioye K

Travellers are raving about these Lagos hotels

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Having read previous, mostly negative, reviews of the hotel, I was anxious to know how I would fare on my ten-day business stay. I was pleasantly surprised. I was in a ''luxury'' room and, though not sumptuous, it was comfortable, with a/c, a large bed, desk, fridge, flat screen TV and a decent en suite bathroom. The room was very clean, and supplied daily with bottled water and a newspaper. The best thing of all about the hotel though is the staff. The managers, waitrons, cleaning staff and security guards all are incredibly friendly and service oriented. The breakfasts provide a great opportunity to sample Nigerian food. My only wish is that they can sort out the wifi (paid for with vouchers) so that it can be accessible in all the bedrooms; I had to sit by the pool (olympic size, by the way) to get online. I also loved the book shop in the hotel; packed with books and open all hours. Regarding the price, it was not cheap but all hotels in Nigeria seem to be highly priced, so I would say this provides good value for money given that factor.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Paula G
Kaduna
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Lagos Airport Hotel has really improved tremendously from my last experience.The rooms are renovated with new clean toilets curtains and floor tiles.I met some guests of UNDP holding a programme in the hotel with some foreigners.
The hotel has greatly improved and i am impressedwith the current management for the transformation.The room rate are very reasonable with full buffet breakfast.I will recommend the hotel to anybody intending to visit Lagos at convenient rates.

Kudos and keep it up !!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank usmankaduna
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Awful.
My room smelled like the previous occupant had been a horse.
There were frequent power cuts.
Poor internet access with frequent drop outs.
The Bed was lumpy, smelled and the floor covering was in poor shape.
I tried to exchange some currency but the lobby staff were unable to help.
Restaurant was very slow....over an hour for a simple cheese and ham sandwich, with only one other table occupied.
Room service , means you can eat in your room but you must fetch it yourself.
Would not wish to stay here ever again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business