“$130 per night - Are you serious?”

Lagos Airport Hotel
Ranked #87 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
A TripAdvisor Member
“$130 per night - Are you serious?”
Reviewed 22 July 2005

Crap, crap, crap, crap - crap!
I read a bad review before I went and ignored it - big mistake. My first time in Lagos and thought it would be smart to save a few bucks instead of staying at Sheraton or other premium hotel - turns out it would have been a few dollars well spent. It was way below average accommodation for high price. In terms of security it was not bad I will admit. However the rooms were substandard, the beds uncomfortable and showers just plain not functioning. On our last night we ordered an extra mattress as one of our party had left - they did not deliver the mattress by the time we arrived back at 11pm, then dropped off mattress but no sheets, then dirty sheets but no blankets...then had the nerve to argue when we refused to pay full price, we had stayed for 7 nights at an exorbitant rate - 2 rooms. Don't bother - no idea of service or reality in terms of pricing.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 22 July 2005

Visiting Lagos for the first time is a very challenging task. I had a difficult task choosing a hotel but decided on Lagos airport hotel because of it's proximity to the Airport. Coming in from the USA made it difficult for me to feel comfortable when I got into Nigeria due to the constant rumour of insecurity. My initial welcome when I checked into Airport Hotel was very warm and encouraging. I was indeed surprise with the several security provisions that were in plce to ensure the safety of each person that checked in, The room I checked into was clean and had everythig working. I was surprised with the response time each time I made a request. Contrary to the experiences I have had in hotels both in the USA and other cities in the world, Lagos Airport Hotel stands out as one of the best hotels I have ever visited. It makes me feel like visiting Lagos again and again.

• Stayed June 2005
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 June 2005

Two things I love about Lagos Airport Hotel is their hospitality and security. The hotel is very good. That is where I stay anytime I am in the country from the UK and I have been doing that for the past 9 years since I relocated to London.

If you have been there in recent times, you will know that the hotel is getting better and better by the day, especially with the new MD who is a UK trained accountant.

I will not hestitate to recommed the hotel to anybody anyday.

• Stayed December 2004, travelled on business
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2005

I was at the Lagos Airport Hotel in April, and there have been amazing changes and growth that are positive and make me want to go back there. The standard double rooms have been refurbished and looking fairly new when compared to my impression when I stayed there in the summer of 2004.

The location of the Hotel is very good for business and leisure when intending to spend a lot of time on the Mainland of Lagos. I enjoyed the lunch time meals more than any meal I had in Nigeria as it was reasonably priced and delicious, displaying a wide variety of traditional Nigerian dishes.

Security around the hotel is another reason I like the hotel as the security men were very professional never ask for tips unlike other places in Lagos, and ensured they never allowed anyone near my room or give out my details to some journalists, who were my friends and wanted to know whether I was there and when I checked in.

The staff are friendly and professional, though they could do with more training on customer service/relations.

If one is looking for a three star hotel that serves good food, in clean environment, competitive price rate, swimming pool and a growing new gym, with a secure internet facilities in Lagos, I will recommend Lagos Airport Hotel.

For a four to five star hotel my preference will always be Sheraton Hotel in Lagos.

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2005

I'm surprised about the comment on Lagos Airport Hotel. I rather find this as extreme. A 4-star hotel that has been in existence for 5 decades shouldn't be this terrible. Common sense should confirm this.

Lagos Airport Hotel may not really be the best in town. Fine. But teh hotel stands out firm among its equals. What about a massive revovation that recently took place? What about the Olympic sizws swimming pool, gym, among other faclities.

The restaurant and bars services have no single blemish I cant pin point. I'd rather found the staff 'too' courteous, that I was thinking whether the security shouldn't be more firm!!

The service is not rully bad. Anyone could try and lodge there to confirm my submission. You are equally directed to their newly launched website to confirm this: lagosairporthotelltd

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2005

I stayed for one night in this hotel. I was first taken to a standard room. Price US$ 110. This room is not fit for human habitation. There was such a stench in it that I was not going to stay there for a night and I told them so. Then they showed me a deluxe room. Price US$ 130. This was better. The security concerns were also okay. I could just about manage in it for one night. The public areas and bar are below average standard. When I checked out the next morning and went to settle my bill I was told that they convert US dollars at the rate of 110 Nira to one dollar when the outside rate was 137 Nira to one dollar. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. The only place to stay in Lagos seems to be the Sheraton. Price US$ 285.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Lagos hotels

London
Reviewed 20 July 2004

This is the worst hotel ever. This hotel should be closed down. We got to the hotel asked for a double room, cost of which is 10,000 naira. Got to the room, it was on the ground floor. Asked for one on the upper floors, but apparently we have to pay 12,000 naira for one on the upper floors. We had to look into about four rooms before we could find one clean enough. During the night, me and my children were almost eaten alive by mosquitoes, it was dreadful. The following morning, we complained to the Manager and all we got was oh, sorry, we should have come down straight away to complain, but I wasn't going to come down in the middle of the night with my two children on their own sleeping in the room, which was why we left it till the morning. The following morning they sprayed the room but this means you couldn't go onto the balcony as the mosquitoes comes in as soon as you open the doors. even the door to the room had a small gap at the bottom, so we have to put some towels to block the space as mosquitoes were coming in too. This hotel should be shut down, and start again. I normally stay either at the Sheraton Hotel in Lagos or New World Hotel at Allen avenue, however New world were closed for refurbishment, and Sheraton was full. Not a good place to stay. Then there is the pool. They have an open door policy to the public for the pool, which the kids love as it feels like a party, there are sometimes about 100 people in the pool at once and music blaring away. I suppose its okay during the day, but the music was still blaring until late. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2004