“Decent place to stay”

Ranked #31 of 131 Hotels in Lagos
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Decent place to stay”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I used to stay in this hotel over 5 years, mostly for 2-3 weeks. It is a small a bit outdated boutique hotel with friendly staff, swimming pool, bar, gym, a good meal and quiet location. I wouldn't say it was the best place but just enough to stay while on business trip. But there are some other better hotels in Lagos though.
But non't expect everything to be excellent if you consider to stay in any of Nigerian hotels because there is no constant water/power supply in this country and sometimes you will hear a generator running in the back yard or no internet for a couple of hours.
Probably would stay again if nothing better is available.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is tucked away behind Zenith row in VI, a very quiet and safe area of the city. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable, although decor is dated. Wifi is reliable but power less so - the latter being more fault of nepa (electricity provider) rather than the hotel. However, hotel's back-up generators usually kick in fairly quickly once the grid goes down. Food varies from pretty good to average depending what you order (Nigerian dishes/ seafood, especially prawn dishes very good - steak less so). All very reasonably priced. TV has all one needs - multiple Supersport channels and CNN! Pool is small and highly chlorinated. Gym is rubbish but useable (running machine, bike, multigym).

Tip for a good nights sleep! Turn off UPS (uninteruptable power supply) box behind TV at night. Otherwise it beeps constantly when the power switches from grid to generator.

Room Tip: All rooms should be quiet. Business suites on top foor are best.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel a lot. Once I stayed there for a month. I can say for sure you can feel there like at home. Small, private hotel with small swimming pool & gym, perfect location (Victoria Island), nice staff, big well-furnished rooms, cute restaurant.

The most I like the tthing if you nedd to go upstairs to your room, you have to slide your room card, without it the door which leads to the stairs won't open. So I was sure that if somebody was knocking my door, it was someone I was expecting.

You can park your car at the secured territory. They do have some extra parking places.

It's hotel is more suitable for business trips. It will be boring for staying there with kids for sure, limited space and no kids room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maryana_Shcherbakova
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The company I work for booked me a stay in Palmview Manor, so I had no choice which hotel to book. The hotel is on Victoria Island extension, Lagos, in a very good location - close to the uptown hotels and restaurants. The staff were friendly and with big genuine smiles on their faces all the time. Clean rooms, comfy bed, and delicious food. Internet was very slow, so for someone who is on a business trip, this would be horrible. First night, there was no hot water in the toilet, and the 3rd day morning, there was no water at all. They sent me 2 water buckets; one with cold water and one with hot water... The shower water taps need serious plumbing. I don't mind staying here when on a vacation-pleasure, but if you're planning to stay here for a business trip, I don't recommend it. I asked for a driver one night and they called a driver for me who didn't speak proper English and I had to struggle to explain where I wanted to go. The room had a UPS (uninterruptable power supply device) so every time there was a power outage in the middle of the night I woke up all of a sudden listening to the voice of the device beeping... I believe that this is one of the best places to stay in Lagos. All they have to do is pay attention to the details and make their services consistent.

Room Tip: Check the AC and plumbing in the toilet once you arrive.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank YousefOmar
Lagos
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My stay at The Palmview Manor hotel was a wonderful experience. They have very good rooms, speed delivery of service both in the room and restaurant. I had the opportunity of witnessing their newly introduced programme called 'Thank God Its Friday', it was beautiful.
They have good water supply and the hot water was coming out very fast.
My whole experience was a wonderful one and I felt like home away from home.
Thank you for making my stay a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy8681
austell
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The bed was soooo comfortable, i did not even want to get up. I like the uniforms, and oh were the staff very friendly. The breakfast was so good, and they had all these flavored milk/cream for coffee. Earlier, i read some reviews about the hot water, but believe me the water was very hotttt, and i did not have to wait at all, the problem has been solved. They have a TGIF party every fridays, was chanced to attend with my friends. There was very good music and the grilled food was great. let's just say that, i look forward to going back there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Abuja
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The staff were very friendly and courteous. from the front desk to the restaurant there was aboundance of smiles.
The room I stayed in was well cleaned and the bed was so comfortable you could be late for an appointment. This particular room did not have a balcony though I later found out that the rooms with balcony were all occupied.
I love the quiet atmosphere for resting but for a fun catcher you may get bore. I was told before I checked out that an event known as THANK GOD IT"S FRIDAY will be taking place every Friday from september. There will be music, assorted BBQs,food and drinks at discounted prices. An opportunity to unwind and socialize.
I look forward to this on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business