“Conference and Lodging were all great!”

Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel
Ranked #15 of 131 Hotels in Lagos
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Conference and Lodging were all great!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This was our second event that we hosted at the Victoria Crown Plaza. We had such a great experience the first time that we held an event in 2008, that when we knew that we were going back to Lagos, I didn't even look into other hotels for venue pricing, I knew that this was our place. The Sales Manager Opeyemi Is absolutely wonderful. Him and his caring staff took care of us and made sure that our 5 day conference was a complete success. The food was excellent, the sleeping rooms were very clean and the staff was great! Thanks again to VCP for another excellent experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. I don't know where to start. I had prepaid for the hotel in advance. Upon check out I was told I got a charge: apparently a friend who was not staying there, ate breakfast and charged it to my room and the hotel staff never asked me for my permission.
THe service the didn't match the price of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NedgyT
SA
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Would like to thank the staff and management of VCP for there friendliness and care during my stay.The General Manager upgraded me to one of there newly renovated rooms.The room is very modern with the most comfortable bed I have slept on in a very long time in a hotel.

The new Chef on board,Wow the food was tasty and of world class standard.

Welldone to the new management you guys are surely doing a fantastic job

Highly recommend this to anybody travelling to Lagos to stay at VCP

Morne Flooks

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Although I wasn't actually staying at this hotel, I recently attended several all day meetings which were held in the hotel. I therefore cannot comment about the rooms/stay etc but having spent a great deal of time there I feel I am in a position to provide a review. The hotel was very clean but what struck me most was the friendliness/ attentiveness of ALL of the staff, from the young man cleaning the stairs to the people on the front desk - everyone was kind, friendly and greeted me with a warm and happy smile. The food was well prepared, hot and very nice, there was also plenty for everyone.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for business people, the conference rooms on the first floor are well air conditioned, comfortable and spacious.

Working in this hotel meant that my stay in Lagos was made all the more pleasant.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ScotsLass075
Port Harcourt
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Price was very good for that area of Lagos and standard of hotel. The room I stayed in was clean and well proportioned. Bed linen in my room was a bit frayed but they were perfectly clean. Internet service was available for most of my stay and very surprisingly fast and FREE. Staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Food got a little monotonous and some items on menu were not available but it was tasty and the desserts I had were great. The conferencing facilities and service were also quite good. All in all, I had a very good stay, a lot better than I had expected.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This hotel is built on a small plot on Victoria Island. Rooms are well proportioned, clean and comfortable, although the supply of hot water is not always reliable. In room internet is free. Breakfasts are average, but the kitchen sometimes surprises with quite tasty, well-prepared Western style dishes. The drawback are the limited publis spaces, there is a small seating area in the lobby and an indoor bar. There is also a small outside seating area around a plunge pool, but no gym. If one is staying a couple of days, it becomes a bit confining. Some good places to eat are within walking distance. As with all Nigerian hotels the price is high for the quality.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
crownplazaVI, General Manager at Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Dear Shoeser,
Thank you kindly for the positive response you logged for Vistoria Crown Plaza Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria. We hope that in future you will utilise our facilities again as we have recently opened our state of the art gym facility and are in the process of upgrading all our beds, bedding and TV's in the rooms to ensure that your stay is a luxurious one.
Nico Brandt
Aberdeen,Scotland
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This was my first trip to Nigeria and I was feeling a little nervous when I touched down in Lagos. I had booked an airport pick-up through the hotel and sure enough, the guy was there to meet me as arranged. A good start in my book.

I arrived at the hotel to a warm welcome and checked in with little fuss. One problem I had was that the hotel doesn't accept Amex and my Mastercard wouldn't activate. Despite this, the hotel allowed me to stay without the usual pre-payment for accommodation until my card eventually kicked in.

The room and bathroom were spacious, clean and everything seemed to work fine. The restaurant food is of a fairly high standard and the bar is well stocked. I didn't make it out to the pool/bar however it looked nice from what I saw.

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. They arranged for a car and a driver to chauffeur me around to my meetings and helped negotiate a good deal with the driver.

All in all I enjoyed my stay at the VCP and will certainly stay there again. As well as being a nice place to stay, it seems to be in a good location for getting around the island.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank shoeser
Dear BibendumCT,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued contribution. I am glad to say that we have just recently opened our state of the art gym facility. I am also in the process of revising our breakfast offerings and a newly appointed restaurant manager from Cape Town will be joining the team during the course of November.
I am sincerely hoping that you will be joining us again in the near future. I am the newly appointed GM from South Africa and I am hoping to address all guests suggestions and feedback more speedily in future.
Kind Regards