“Good location and good value”

Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel
Ranked #18 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Cehegin, Spain
“Good location and good value”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel on Victoria Island. Staff are great, food is good, breakfast slightly limited but the evening menu in both the bar and restaurant are excellent. Rooms are spacious and the wifi set up in The rooms is excellent, a local network allows you to connect multiple devices and only pay the one charge,where as a lot of the hotels I stay at in Africa charge per device. Bathroom was a little jaded however biggest draw back, as mentioned in a number or reviews, was the lack of hot water. Tepid yes, hot no.

Overall I would rather stay here than lets say Eko Suites so would recommend it if you are looking for good value for money

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had very long stay in Lagos on my business trip and I've opted this hotel at VI twice. I always remember the happy time when I was here. Very friendly staff, very talented chef, very delightful waiters and very much in budget compared to other hotels. I thank the manager for gifting me a bottle of red wine. Good experience for me!

• Stayed June 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed here for about 10 days recently while on a business trip to Lagos. Overall the stay was good--rooms were clean, good wi-fi, staff were great, and the location was perfect. The restaurant was average though. My only 2 issues were as follows: first, to print a document, I had to email the document to the hotel for them to print, no option to use a flash drive, which I chose not to do; and second, the hot water is at times non-existant...I've stayed at the Sheraton Four Points during my previous 3 visits, and, considering everything, I would stay at the VCP again. I recommend this place for business travelers!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tunbridge Wells
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at a number of the best hotels in Lagos. While the VVictoria Crown Plaza may not be five star it is now my favorite. it is old style and not big. Rooms are a good size. They need decoration but are fine. Internet is fast. The restaurant is very good. It is Italian style with a Labanese chef. The staff are friendly and helpful. I look forward to my next trip.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Let's face it, all of the decent hotels in Lagos are expensive, and I think the VCP is no exception. Having said that, I booked through Expeida and saved almost £200. I wouldn't say anything was exceptional, but the staff were very helpful and pleasant, and the room (a Deluxe Suite) was comfortable and clean. The food portions were a little small for my liking but the food was acceptable. There was some confusion over some of my booking though. I was initially told that there was breakfast for one included in my booking, which was confusing as I had booked for myself and my girlfriend, then I was told that there was no breakfast included at all. Not that this spoiled our stay.

When travelling from the hotel, I would recommend asking the hotel to get your taxi for you. I'm sure most people would do this anyway, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the drivers we used. I accidentally gave the first driver an extra N5000 when paying the fare, and he returned to the hotel later in the evening (he'd tried t call me first but couldn't get through) to return it to me.

Then, on our last night, accidentally left my phone in the second driver's car and he also came back to the hotel to make sure I got it back. NOT what people expect when in a place like Lagos but maybe we are too cautious and quick to discredit.

We were there to celebrate Valentine’s day together, which was spoiled by me getting Cryptosporidiosis, which I am NOT blaming on the hotel. Our first driver was very helpful though. He had various contacts at his disposal to help out with information and when he found out about my health issue, he contacted a doctor friend of his who recommended some medication to take, though no diagnosis had been made at this time. He then took me to a pharmacy and helped me find what I needed. He got paid of course, but he WAS helpful all the same. If not for that, it wouldn’t have been so easy for me.

All in all, a pleasant stay and I would definitely consider staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here on a business trip as i got bored of the the other 'rip off' hotels in Lagos, great wifi, really good food, superb chef, rooms okay, aircon good but i would say the rooms are 3-4 star standard and need some spurcing up. Nice little gym with running machine, attentive and warm service. I would stay again. The pool is tiny but i am not a fan of swimming. All in all i was happy

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I was at VCP for a short business trip and yet i had the best of travelling experience in the hotel, the security was satisfactory, and the concierge was unbelievable, the rooms were so big, very very spacious and comfortable, the staffs were of an exceptional attitude.
I was supposed to spend just 2 days there for my business meeting but i decided to spend 2 days extra just to enjoy the environment, their swimming pool water was fresh, looks clean and well treated.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business