“Excellent hotel in a perfect location”

Hatun Inti Boutique Machupicchu
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Aguas Calientes
Birmingham
“Excellent hotel in a perfect location”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Agua Calientes is charming and we stayed a this hotel overnight. We were wowed by the large room overlooking the river with it's fabulous decor and design. The bathroom was large with a jacuzzi bath which does take a long time to fill but worth the wait after a hard days walking. The river is noisy but not a problem for us when you are so tired it helps send you to sleep. Breakfast was a good choice with the added interest of trains passing the window just feet away. Location is good being close to bus stop and markets. There are many restaurants close by. We had dinner included which we took a the place 2 doors away. We would have like to have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Front rooms overlook railway and rear rooms overlook noisy river.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here one night after having done the inka trail, so a decent night's sleep was of paramount importance. I was supposed to be staying at El Mappi, however, due to their building works, I was persuaded by my travel agent to stay here instead, as the building works were quite noisy. I regret taking their advice.

The room itself was large, with decent en-suite. Separate shower cubicle and jacuzzi bath tub. Amenities in the room were limited, in that there was no hair shampoo or conditioner, nor was there a shower cap provided! I got a bar of soap and I think they provided body lotion. Free bottle of water was also provided in the bedroom.

I tried to use the jacuzzi, and when I switched on the machine, I think this one hadn't been used for a while as some brown debri came out of the jacuzzi vents and into my bath water. It was gross and decided to use the shower instead.

The worst aspect to my room was its location. I did NOT have one of the rooms overlooking the water. Unfortunately, my room overlooked the rail tracks and very busy street which had quite a few restaurants/bars, hence it was very noisy from all day and all through the night. It was bad enough that every 2-3 hours I would see a train go past my window and the drivers seem to like to bib their horns each time, but also the constant noise of people out on the streets, shouting, people playing instruments etc, was unbearable. Add to this the fact that each time a guest used their jacuzzi in their room, I could actually hear the motor in my own bedroom. I was woken up by this noise at 4am!! So sound is a big issue with this place.
I got approx 2 hours' sleep in total. It's ironic because I was moved to this hotel because I was told it would be more peaceful than staying in my original hotel that had building work going on.

Breakfast in the morning was not great. Out of all the hotels I stayed in throughout Peru, this was the worst, for both choice and quality. No toast available, and fruit/yoghurt offered was limited and had seen better days!. Only decent part of the breakfast was the omelette offered. The lobby/dining area blend into one and this area was somewhat shabby. I couldn't wait to leave.

For the price I paid, I could definately have found better elsewhere.

The only thing I would say is that the staff seemed very nice and this hotel is conveniently located when catching the bus in the morning to Machu Picchu.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Miranda C
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It is the Japanese who stayed in two and husband in September 2013. In very nice hotels, homemade cookies gave us in the room was very delicious!
I did want to go about buying a souvenir!

To the bus stop to go to Machu Picchu and it was conveniently located nearby.
Room is clean, partly Jacuzzi, it was a comfortable hotel.

It was Machu Picchu for the first time, but it was a nice trip. Thank you very much.

• Stayed September 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel is amazing. We only stayed here for one night after completing the Inca Trail, and I wish we could have stayed for longer! The room was immaculate with two double beds, and the bathroom was spotless, with a brilliant shower and jacuzzi, which was just what we wanted after 4 days of no showering! The decor was lovely and staff all friendly. Breakfast was nice, not the best I've had, but was everything we needed - bread, cereal, cheese, juices, smoothies, cakes, chicken. Hotel only 2 minute walk from train station and 1 minute walk from where the buses stop to go up to Machu Picchu. Can't recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
denver
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was our first year anniversary and we decided to celebrate it by staying a night in Machu Picchu. We looked a bunch of hotels and even though this one is on the pricey side, it's totally worth it! The hotel is less than 3 minutes walking distance from the train station. Someone picked us up and the girl at front desk was very nice and attentive. We got a room on the top floor right next to the river and we loved it. The view was amazing and the sound of the river was very soothing. In the afternoon, they gave us a plate of pastries in shape of a heart and the water in the room was free. Dinner was included so we enjoyed delicious food like the trout ceviche and a fun Peruvian dance show. It was a wonderful night! We got up early to go to Machu Picchu and breakfast was waiting for us. We didn't encounter any problems, and the whole staff was super nice to us. We would love to go back!

Room Tip: If you like the white noise while you sleep, then get a room by the river. Otherwise, you'll be...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We loved everything about this hotel: beginning with the warm and sunny welcome by the staff at the front desk (which matches the hotel's name "big sun"), to the beautiful room overlooking the gushing river below, and the convenience of its location. We felt lucky to be there, which made our whole stay in that magical part of the world all the more meaningful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We got into Hatun Inti Hotel by default, as another hotel canceled on us unexpectedly a few weeks before our arrival. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened to us. Some friends did stay at the other hotel and were not happy with their choice.

We, on the other hand, got a beautiful and spotless room facing the river, with a comfortable king size bed, fireplace, jacuzzi and separate rain shower. The bathroom was minimalist and functional, although I would suggest a towel bar, which was sorely missing. Across the river was a sheer mountain wall, so privacy was assured while we took showers or lounged in the jacuzzi. Hot water was available 24 hours a day unlike some of the hotels we have come across. The river noise was soothing. We were there in the winter season, so it may be noisier at other times in the year when the river is overflowing. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and offered to build a fire in the fire place. Breakfast was good, with coffee, tea, fresh juices, a good variety of fruit and breads, and eggs made to order. As with every other hotel we have encountered in Peru, check-out time is early. The hotel will store the luggage and will even deliver it to the train station if necessary.

We'd stay at Hatun Inti again in a flash!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple