“Nice Machu Pichu Hotel”
Review of Inka Town Hotel

Inka Town Hotel
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a few minute walk drom downtown. It is on the railroad tracks so they supply ear plugs to sleep with. The rooms are nice & clean.
The breakfast was good with lots of fresh fruit. The service was excellent. There was plenty of hot water.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank StevenHScher

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Ended up at this hotel due to late booking with a travel agent - fortunately was just for one night.

My room was small and dark. Upon arrival, I had asked about the noise in my room. Receptionist claimed the trains ran only until 9pm but we quickly realized that the train noise wasn't the issue, it was the discotheque next door that was the problem. I woke up at 4:30am to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu and we could still hear the noise. They obviously realize the noise problem as they provide earplugs. I happily used them to make sure I was well rested for Machu Picchu.

I wish I had asked my travel agent for another option but since we booked so late, I just didn't want to mess around with the itinerary. Would avoid if booking on my own or if there was some other options to choose from. Having said that, service was fine and overall friendly. Breakfast wasn't too bad either.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ChiNyLon
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were staying at Inka Town hotel just for one night, since we would go to Machu Picchu the next day. The receptionist at the lobby was friendly and spoke pretty good English. Our room was on the 4th floor, so we had a pretty fun walk up the stairs because there were no elevators. The room was a decent size and was actually very clean. The biggest problem was that the room was right next to the train station that transports you to Machu Picchu. The trains are always going in and out, so there is absolutely no peace and quiet even for a second. The worst part is that the conductors don’t even bother to turn the engine off after it pulls into the station. That is obviously not the hotel's fault but the location is just horrible. Be careful about leaving your windows open because there are many mosquitos in the town. After turning on the light in the bathroom, I saw at least 10 mosquitos flying around. There are better hotels in Aguas Calientas, so avoid if you can.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bdon1998
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This was a great place to stay for our trip to Machu Picchu. It was very close to the train station but it wasn't as noisy as others seemed to have commented. It was decorated nice when we arrived, kind of reminded of a cruise ship. The showers seemed to be renovated and it was very sheik and modern. The rooms were very small but it wasn't unbearable. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a cheap stay that is pretty decent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suziepi3
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stood there 2 nights. My wife (34) and I (39) were traveling with our 19 months old daughter on the Cusco region on december 2011 and we had only 3 small backpacks when arrived to aguas calientes. We were assigned to this hotel by Camino del Sol travel agency on Peru in advance and thus far all hotels given to us were very acceptable either in Cusco (los portales) or Urubamba (Villa Urubamba).
The room was on the 4th floor but tehre was no elevator and it just barely fit a queen bed and only 1 night light table.
The only small closet was in a dark area behind the bed area facing a translucent glass window that could be seen from the stairs outside of the bedroom and a column impeded the movement from that side of the bed to the front of the bed. i.e. No way to move inside the room.
The hotel was excactly behind the train station, at a 2 blocks (5 minutes) walking distance from the main market heading away from downtown = It was very noisy, from 5 am to pass mid night. it had a horrible view of the surrounding buildings yet under construction.
Besides of being really noisy when we walked after 9 pm both nights we felt kind of unsafe because this was an obscure area after dust, you had to cross the street market after it was closed if coming from the downtown area from diner.
Yet the bathroom was new, very clean, and the strength of the shower was nice. The hot water was not a problem neither. The people was very nice, friendly and helpful.
Overall i say this is a no no hotel. I would have rather gone to a hostel full of 20 year old backpackers than to this one. and the fares seem as expensive as other hotels that are nicer or in better areas.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank fernando l
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Rooms small. Situated right next to the train station: very loud (first train before 5 a.m., last around 9 p.m.), many rooms only with glas bricks or no window at all except clear windows to the corridor (dark and no way to get fresh air into the room). You can hear everything happening in the next room or above You. Baths clean with hot water. Personel at the reception not competent (gave out room keys of rooms that where already occupied (with luggage inside) to our whole group several times and was not able to solve the problem). I advise not to leave Your keys at the reception.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wullpulp
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed at the Inka town for two nights in mid May and while this hotel is nothing to do a cartwheel about it serves the purpose for a night or two.
The room was very clean and very small, there was pleanty of hot water the staff was friendly and less than a 5 minute walk from anywhere in town you might need to go, main plaza, shuttle bus and yes it is right next to the train station so if you need or want to be asleep before 9:00 PM forrget it and some rooms do have there windows in the hall, I'm not sure that will help the noise. Basicly it serves the purpose of getting a shower and some sleep after a day or two at Machu Piccu. There might be better or quiter hotels for the price in the area but since I didn't look into any of them it's hard to say. Bottom line if your in the 2 star price range it's worth keeping Inka Town on the list.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo