Hostal Inti Quilla
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Andino Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
Sol de Oro Hostel(Aguas Calientes)
  • Restaurant
Inti Punku(Aguas Calientes)
  • Restaurant
Wiracocha Inn(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
Waman Hotel Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
Hatun Inti Classic(Aguas Calientes)
Inti Winaywayna(Aguas Calientes)
View Hotel
Royal Inti Inn(Aguas Calientes)
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This was the worst place we stayed in during our stay in Peru and glad it was only for one night.The staff were so unfriendly the room was clean but big window on the inside faced on to the eating area so we did not get much sleep due to people getting up early or coming in late.The town its self is very geared for tourists and found very expensive to other places we had visited.The restaurants do not tell you till you get the bill and in very small writing says surcharge.I am glad we had done our shopping before we got there or we would not have fetched any presents back..But going to Machupicchu was amazing so it made up for every thing else

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed in Aguas Calientes for 1 night and were recommended this place, booking it thru a travel agency. At the time i didnt' like the lodge but after almost 3 wks in Peru and sampling all the diff hostals/lodgings, I think it is ok.

PROS:
-decent sized rooms, tv with CNN an extra plus (was able to get some news during our absence from home)
-pick up at bus stop, which prob is standard procedure (this was very helpful, esp when we booked the hotel only a few hours or so before we boarded our train) so they calculated our ETA based on our train departure time. We also had the girl who picked us up accompany us to get our entrance tix and bus tix.
-came with breakfast (i think if you book via tour agency)--however it was very skimpy--2 ppl , we were served with abasket of 5 pcs of bread (generous for 2 ), a thermos of hot water (for self serve coffee or tea). The coffee was instant so i didnt' bother, esp when there was no milk. Also given some orange punch which I thought was gross and kinda cheap of them.

CONS:
-The room has no "windows" (but i found this to be common in many places). A sliding "window" (which was poorly anchored and later the lock disassembled) opened up to the lobby of the floor which would just exacerbate the noise level.
-NOISE ISSUES-people were LOUD. Some guests can be very inconsiderate. Whether your door is closed/open u can hear and when ppl check in/out at varying times, it can be difficult to get any rest. (Fortunately I brought really good headphones that served me well during my stay in Peru). I was on the floor above the reception so every time the phone rang i also could hear that as well.

All in all, i think the choices you get in AC aren't that great, so every lodge may have some sort of issue.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed only one night in this hostel - i booked Machu Picchu from Cusco and this was the place they let us stay. The two women working there are very non-professional. They did not care about the clients. I asked where I could go for a little walk, they had no idea.. Then I came back from my tour, they were outside playing ball, they ignored me and I walked in, waited a bit at reception and as they would not care i just took the key to my room myself.. The room was on ground floor and moldy. The sink was broken / leaked and when you used it the whole bathroom floor was wet. You do have hot shower and breakfast, very basic, but okay. Location very close to station and town. All in all, i would not want to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MissFernweh
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and the truth is that we didn't want to spend much money in this town. So we decided to find something cheap...in this sense this hostel is not that bad. Generally the hostel is of poor quality, has holes on the walls and it seemed like in some parts the construction of the place was incomplete. You could not get any privacy in the rooms and there was a lot of noise!!! Anyone could just step in the hotel with nobody noticing, since most of the times there was nobody at the reception desk. On the other hand, you do get what you pay for (32€ double). If you need more quality then you have to move to a "higher level" of accommodation. I wouldn't recommend this hostel but if you are on a low budget and you are only staying for one night in Aguas Calientes, I don't think there are many decent options anyway in this town...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaLieCy
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Have stayed in many hostels ... this one has nothing special to it. Not to mention, it has several semi big issues with it. They have an ant problem - all over our room and my husband found an ant in his coffee this morning. Staff is friendly, but inconsiderate. We were placed in a room directly above reception desk and even at 12 am a staff of 4-5 people were practically shouting at one another and laughing and the noise carries throughout the hostel. Also, all drains in our room were very, very clogged.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple