Hatun Pachamama
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu(Aguas Calientes)
US$192
US$183
  • Free Internet
US$142
US$116
US$149
  • Restaurant
Waman Hotel Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
US$116
  • Breakfast included
SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
US$585
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
US$9,606
US$174
US$144
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
El MaPi by Inkaterra(Aguas Calientes)
US$196
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just came back from my trip to Machupicchu this October 13 and I have to say that staying in this lodge was the only negative thing about this amazing travel. Here it goes:
Rooms with no external windows just an internal sort of window frame to the reception. Very noise!
When I got to the room there were pieces of plaster falling from the walls due to the extreme damp and humid conditions.This was well below sanitary standards it would have been healthier to sleep outdoors as the smell of humidity was disgusting. the sheets were almost wet.
On top of this at 5AM woke up with extreme noisy sound of a generator coming from the roof.I would never go back to that lodge even if it cost me £5 night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cristiana G
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Location - 33rigel is right the hotel is close to train station, about 10 mins on foot. The town is small so everywhere is within walking distance.

Room - WiFi connection is OK. It's clean overall. Keep windows close otherwise bugs will fly into the room. We stayed on second floor, the last room in the hallway on the left side. The outlet of ventilation window of the bathroom is going to the room, it's weird. In the photo: the little window above the toilet is opened to the room. The room across from us (the right side of the hallway), the bathroom ventilation window is opened to the lobby. If bathroom can be remodeled the overall quality of the room will be much better.

Overall, it's good price since we only paid US$60 for a night and you know everything in Aguas Calientes is tourist-priced so can't complain about this Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel can easily be reach from the train station in Aquas Calientes by foot. Just leave the train station, go through the market towards your right and go up the street about four blocks to Calle Chaska. No transfer or pick up from the train station is needed. The hotel is clean, the service is good. Breakfast is included. The bus tickets to Machu Picchu can be purchased in the city of Agua Calientes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 33rigel
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The service in this hotel is excellent. They arranged pick-up at the train station at 11pm, they offered breakfast to go and luggage storage. But unfortunately the standard rooms are located to the lobby and you hear everything. If you want to stay one night in Aguas Caliente it is a option, but I would not stay in Aguas Caliente at all and would take the first train in the morning from Ollanta.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea258
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Yes, my tour guide her trainee and i got here early. ( i had chosen city stay over doing trek and we had arrived on first train ) but we were told i could put my bags into my room and it would be cleaned within 30 minutes.
The trainee also got her room but my guide was told there was no longer any room for her. Luckily she got a bed at another place close by but has to share with someone else.
The 3 of us then went out hiking for the next 6 hours. On return my room door was ajar, it remained dirty with bits of tissue all over the bedroom floor, dirty bedding remained on the bed, the unsuite had gum stuck to the bathroom sink, and no towels in sight. They then attempted to block me from entering the room even though my guide explained that this room had been allocated to me.
The reception said it wasn't mine to enter and somebody else was booked in here.
We then showed them my bags.
The reception told my guide they had a safe i could put my passport in but when i asked them to put my passport into it were very reluctant. On return i found they had stuck my passport into the desk draw.
As my room was directly opposite reception it was very noisy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo