We were sore, tired, hungry after hiking the Inca trail, down Machu Picchu, then a bus ride and hike through the town of Aguas Calientes. We crossed the river, entered Inkaterra. We walked the stone pathways through the foliage, listening to the rushing water and entered our bungalow...where we found heaven in Peru. The large, spacious room, luxurious bed, beautiful window views of tropical plants, the roof tiles and the mountain fog- all was comforting and comfortable. Room had a natural look with heavy wood, tiles and the windows views brought the mountain into our room. Bungalows felt secluded due to the units are sprawled out on acres of a former tea plantation, sadly we had no time to explore its beauty. We had a very rainy day and the paths were wet, trees dripped on you...the hotel has umbrellas to borrow- but bring good rain gear! The staff was so friendly and supportive, the restaurant was superb- a foodie delight- with excellent wines and pisco sours! Loved how it sits between the 2 train tracks and you can feel the train rumbling by while you are eating. Highly recommend the gift shop for its alpaca selections. The alpaca clothing quality and prices are as good/better as in Lima or Cusco. Also it's an easy walk into town for shopping and diverse restaurants. You would think PIZZA is a national cuisine. We loved our 3 days in the cloud forest...and would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu