We struggled wtih this venue v. The Sanctuary. Yes, the Sanctuary is at the entrance to Machu Picchu. That seems to be its plus. It's minus is that it appears overrun w/ tourists who are in and out all day for meals, bathroom breaks, whatever. The same bus that takes you up and down the road between MP and Aguas Calientes drops you just minutes away from Inkaterra Machu Picchu Hotel. It's near the railroad track -- but you won't know that. It's steps from the town's market, but you won't know that either if you don't choose to. What you will know, immediately, is that you are in a special rainforest garden, alive with lush plants (and oh, those orchids), gorgeous birds, waterfalls, butterflies --- nature in abundance. There are nature trails, a spa, a beautiful dining room, gorgeous lobby, everything restful and relaxing after your special climb at Machu Picchu.
Our casa, with its own entrance, had both fireplace and private patio. It felt different at Inkaterra -- and it is. The nature trails are superb, as is the dining room. Service is extremely attentive - the staff look for ways to assist. Gosh - it's a place to spend a week! Heartily recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu