We only stayed at this hotel one night and that was not enough to take advantage of all it had to offer.
We arrived after a long day of travel from Cusco and sight seeing at Machu Picchu. We ate a smashing lunch, ordering from the menu in the dining room of the hotel with its charm and views of the river. The breakfast buffet the next morning was extensive with some rather outstanding breads.
Our room had a bit of a damp wood smell, but was near the river. The beds were comfortable and the room was rustic and charming. The room was spotlessly clean. The shower was interesting but it worked well. The organic toiletries were a different experience for me, but not at all unpleasant.
The service of the staff was really great. I was having a great deal of difficulty with my knee and after all the climbing, I was spent. A staff person took notice and went from the lobby to reception to get our key. She helped me to our room, sent a porter with a bag of ice for my knee as well as the physical therapist from the spa to check it out. All of this extra attention without being asked. Wow!
If I could have planned the trip myself, I would have come to the hotel in the afternoon one day, arisen early the next morning and gone straight to Machu Picchu until early afternoon and then returned to the Inkaterra. This hotel is the perfect companion to Machu Picchu in that it offers a retreat like setting to meditate on the spiritual effects of the City in the Clouds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu