“Old Musty Room, Okay Food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aguas Calientes
Imperio Machupicchu Hotel
Ranked #22 of 40 Aguas Calientes B&B and Inns
virginia
“Old Musty Room, Okay Food”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I know that hotel room prices are high in this town, but still... I had a single room (one bed), but the headboard for a once second bed was still "floating" on the wall. The carpet was dirty. There were only shelves to hang clothes, no hangers. Tiny bathroom.

The small breakfast buffet was mediocre. The hotel staff is noce and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank luke47

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
California City, California
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Two words: customer service.

I was able to climb Huayna Picchu thanks to Jenry, the hotel manager who, without having met me, bought the ticket for me three weeks before my trip while purchases from abroad were interrupted by the Ministry in Peru.

Then, the rooms are great! Super hot water! The best breakfast I had in Peru. The coffee is absolutely delightful. They even booked a hotel for me in the next destination, made several calls and even bargained the price for me!! I got a discount thanks to Imperio!

I can't give more stars to express how grateful I feel about all the employees here. I had one of the best experiences of my life in Machu Picchu and staying in Imperio is one of the crucial places that made this possible. I wouldn't have been able to climb Huayna without Imperio's help. I felt that employees cared so much and even offered suggestions and kept an eye on what I needed.

I most definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay in a beautiful hotel and enjoy the surroundings in Mapi and Aguas.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mili262
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Imperio has a good location in Aquas Calientes, it is small, the room we had on the third floor opened into the stairwell and was very noisy. Over all it was clean. The WiFi didn't work. We were there to go to Machu Picchu, so it was an inconvenience rather than an obstacle. The breakfast was so so, but we were hungry and it got us on the way. The walk to the bus stop for Machu Picchu is only a few blocks away.

Room Tip: It might be better on the top floor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim F

Travellers are raving about these Aguas Calientes hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The hotel and the rooms are very clean. The breakfast was satisfactory. The rooms over the streets can be noisy but thats because of the noise in the town. The hotel is small and very well kempt. The staff was very helpful and stored our luggage while we went for a day trip to Machu Picchu. The location is very convenient, close to bus stop, food, money exchange, shopping, train station.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hubbleflow
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Neat and clean room with WiFi.
Request room on second floor or higher . First floor rooms above kitchen and reception with open area channeling all the noise up. We had first floor and it was very noisy. Traveling freinds on 2 and up OK.

Breakfast average at best

Room Tip: Do not accept room on first floor -higher the better
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends