“Underrated hotel, just ask for a good room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aguas Calientes
Imperio Machupicchu Hotel
Ranked #40 of 79 Aguas Calientes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Pros:
+ Quiet. There was firecrackers going off like crazy due to the holidays and could barely hear a thing.
+ Directly across the street from a convenience store and a bunch of local restaurants.
+ Very close to the train station, so an ideal hotel if you just want a easy place to stay for a couple hours. The main market is directly adjacent to the train station too, so easy to buy souvenirs.
+ Front desk had good English.

Cons:
- A 10-15 minute walk from the big tourist street where the higher end touristy restaurants are.
- In a less 'high end' part of town, never felt unsafe but might have if I was around at night.
- Expensive relative to other Peru hotels, but AC is expensive all around.

Stayed here for two nights and was pleasantly surprised. Almost all of the hotels in Aguas Calientes get terrible reviews so picking one was difficult. Our guide had asked specifically for a quiet room and it worked like magic, you could barely hear anything although we did not have windows facing the outside. You could hear your neighbors a bit, but it was nothing unreasonable. The rooms were quiet spacious and I am happy about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CalgaryCanuck

Reviewed 26 November 2012

this hotel was part of our tour and we were pleasantly suprised to fine a nice clean hotel and room. this was exactly what we needed after doing the inca trail. they also stored our bags for us the next day. the walls are very thin though so you can hear people in other rooms. overall great stay.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbug1982
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

The Imperio Machupicchu is a solid hotel with small, but clean rooms and good amenities such as the wireless Internet that I am using to write this review. The staff is friendly and most speak English (the others are patient with gringo Spanish). Value is not good for Peru, but fine for Aguas Calientes. For these reasons, I recommend this hotel, but I should note some important flaws. First, as others have noted, the walls are thin and the hotel is somewhat noisy. Another problem is that the lock on our first room failed and so we had to be moved. The bathrooms are somewhat poorly ventilated but this is manageable. Lastly, the location is ideal for first arrival to Aguas Calientes (near the train station) but is across the river from most restaurants and services. Aguas Calientes is so small that this barely matters, however. Ultimately, the title says it all...

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank joelthepole
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We usually like to support small businesses, be it at home or away from home. We only spent one night at this hotel...good thing too! Our room was located on the fourth floor...but we can hear conversations from all the way down at the lobby level! Plus the baby in the next building (?) can be heard all night long too!! Then when the people above us moved, the ceiling made crackering sounds. A very noisy hotel all around, with building also going on next door! On top of that, the toilet won't flush. If you want a restful nights' sleep, better look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjt520
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Nothing special but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and was sufficient. A little noisy but nothing that stopped us from sleeping. Good place to stay if you only need to sleep before Machu Picchu as small rooms would not be great to spend too much time in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CaAnEmMa
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I know that hotel room prices are high in this town, but still... I had a single room (one bed), but the headboard for a once second bed was still "floating" on the wall. The carpet was dirty. There were only shelves to hang clothes, no hangers. Tiny bathroom.

The small breakfast buffet was mediocre. The hotel staff is noce and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank luke47
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Two words: customer service.

I was able to climb Huayna Picchu thanks to Jenry, the hotel manager who, without having met me, bought the ticket for me three weeks before my trip while purchases from abroad were interrupted by the Ministry in Peru.

Then, the rooms are great! Super hot water! The best breakfast I had in Peru. The coffee is absolutely delightful. They even booked a hotel for me in the next destination, made several calls and even bargained the price for me!! I got a discount thanks to Imperio!

I can't give more stars to express how grateful I feel about all the employees here. I had one of the best experiences of my life in Machu Picchu and staying in Imperio is one of the crucial places that made this possible. I wouldn't have been able to climb Huayna without Imperio's help. I felt that employees cared so much and even offered suggestions and kept an eye on what I needed.

I most definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay in a beautiful hotel and enjoy the surroundings in Mapi and Aguas.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo