“Reasonable price”

Dennys House
Hong Kong, China
“Reasonable price”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my wife with a view to getting early bus at dawn. Room condition is just okay, no window. Wifi connection is not stable at room. It is the common problem in Cuzco and Puno hotel. I considered such price is reasonable at this town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is really!!! bad! The rooms are stinking so strongly, i almost had to vomit when i was trying to sleep! It's also really dirty (my friend had a hair in her bed)... there is no window in the room... and from the toilet there is only a little window (wich is broken and not possible to close) going into the room. everything is humid (toilet paper, towels). I would really never go back here again!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Aguas Calientes hotels

Cagliari
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Currently named Denny's House, this is by far a great budget option in Aguas Calientes. Mind you, my views may be a bit skewed as I arrived at this hostels after 4 intense days on the Inka Trail, after sleeping in tents, using only filthy latrines and washing my hands in icy cold water - so anything to me seemed like a real luxury. I arrived here with my boyfriend, we had previously booked two beds in a 4 beds dorm. We arrived at around 12:00, dirty, sweaty, dusty and most of all incredibly exhausted after the hikes. We were welcomed by Denny's warm smile, and walked to our room. We were placed in a private twin. Sure, the room was small. We could hardly squeeze in our small backpacks that we had on the hike. But it was spotless. Beds were oh so comfortable - then again, anything can be better than the hard floor on a tent - with nice, cozy and warm blankets and duvets and even bed lights (which we never got to use as we fell asleep immediately when we went to bed). Most importantly, showers are HOT, by which I mean scorching hot powerful water and not that stupid, lukewarm electric showers that hardly ever works and that is the norm in most hostels here. Breakfast is served from 5 am - very convenient for anybody who, like us, has the entrance to Wayna Picchu at 7 am. It consists of eggs, bread, butter and jam, infusions and real (ie not instant) coffee. Exactly what we needed. Overall, a great budget option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taffani
Aguas Calientes, Peru
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Well what can I say other than don't bother.
Rude
Dirty
Disco next door.
Only want money from you
And stinks
It's a shame as it has so much potential..... Don't be fooled tho.

When we arrived we was greeted buy a 2 yr old boy, for about 20 mins then mum popped out, she said we have to wait as she is cleaning. Ok we will sit here, 12noon arrived and still waiting, 13.00 arrived still waiting, check in is at 12 my dear, anyhow finally we got in the room, wish I hadn't bothered, dirts damp blood on the walls, woke up and had free bob well yeah, hummm pass... All in all don't bother.
There just interested in cashing in on the one night stay I here and treat you like it too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
California, Maryland
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Not so good not so bad for the price. the location was good and the peopple that work there was nice, but it wasn't so clean and some tnhigs were broken. It save me beacuse I didn't have a place for sleep and I find it. They have to improve a lot of things but it's a nice place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We booked online and looked good, but when we arrived we could see it's old. The rooms are windowless, bad beds, smelly and the toilet was broken. We asked to fix it and she told us that we just had to stick our hand in the watercontainer and it will flush. Ofcourse we didn't do that and after 2 more times they still didn't fix it. It was more of a homestay than a hotel. Allthough many people keave early, there was nog promised breakfast at 5 AM.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

first, we had to change our room because there where hair on our sheets! the second room we've got was clean. but forget the pictures on the website, the room walls are white and without any decoration it was very unatmospheric! the service was very poor and at the end, they gave us a bad and unrealistic exchange rate when settling our bill.

• Stayed May 2013