2,490 results
All reviewsmodern hotelmachu picchuthe busincluded dinnerfree pisco sourscentral locationinca trailbreakfast and dinnermiddle of townshower curtainthe main streetrestaurants and shopscourse dinnerhotel restaurantyour luggagesmall townloved this hotel
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked this hotel through a Machu Picchu tour we set up for one night. I booked the tour about a year out and at the time it seemed like the best option.

The Hotel itself is in the perfect location. It is a very short walk from the train station. The staff picked us up there and walked us to the lobby. It is located half way up the main tourist hill with all the restaurants and shops. The hotel itself is beautiful, but large. The main problem with our stay was that there is major construction going on. When I booked, this wasn’t the case. However, it did not really affect our stay as we got in later afternoon, and checked out by 5:30am. If you are planning on staying here any longer than this, I would recommend either confirming you have a room away from the construction or do not stay here.

The rooms where basic but comfortable. There was a king bed, TV and shelving. The Bathroom was basic with a sink, toilet and shower stall. The room felt unfinished. The window in the bathroom was not in right. The curtains in the room where not long enough and were different lengths (like 6 inches off) The room had floor to ceiling window but it overlooked the construction. The memo on our bed said it was from Monday to Saturday 7:30-6:00pm I believe.. However this was a Sunday and it was going full on. It was loud and the workers could see directly in your room. That main construction was done while we slept but later the evening I could hear someone above me hammering (I sleep with ear buds, and it kept me up).

The hotel offered us a free Pisco Sour each, as well as breakfast, and to our surprise, dinner. I’m not sure if that was normal or if they were doing the dinner due to the construction issues. The bar area was really nice so we hung out here and got our Pisco Sour (yum). For dinner they offered two seating times at either 6:30 or 9:00 I believe. The dinner was a lot better than I pictured. It was a three course dinner (you get to choose courses) and the food presentation was really well done. If we had of had something like that here in Toronto it would have cost us $50 or more. Breakfast was also very good. They had a huge selection. Omelet station, cereals, meats and cheeses, pastries and breads, fruits and of course, coffee and tea. The best breakfast of our trip.

The hotel was able to store our bags for the day while we went to Machu Picchu which was nice. We just got a ticket and stopped back to grab them on the way to the train station.

I would recommend staying here, however I would suggest contacting the hotel to find out about the construction. If you are only sleeping here briefly you should not be affected, but if you are staying longer I would consider elsewhere for now. However once the construction is done and the hotel is complete I can see this place being the best option in Aguas Caliente.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed one night at El Mapi. The hotel is modern although the internet was VERY slow; our stay included a small, pisco sour welcome drink, dinner, and breakfast. The dinner involved a choice among three starters, entres, and desserts. Drinks, even agua pura, was extra. The breakfast buffet was available very early (we were the first there around 4:30 a.m.) although the hot items were just being added when we left. The buffet included fruit, juices, cold cheese & meat, bread, and cereal as well as coffee and tea.

Although the hotel was expensive (we paid aroud $250 for one night with food above included), it is within close walking distance to both the train station and the Machu Picchu bus. Also the hotel delivered our luggage to the train station for our return trip to Cusco.

One additional note: the hair dryer did not fit the plugs in the bathroom although it did fit the plugs by the space heater in the bedroom.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel wants to be a special retreat in Aguas Calientes. It has a wonderful and friendly staff, nice bar area, nice outdoor seating area, good restaurant and clean rooms. What it does not have are quiet rooms. Every sound from the hallway echo's through the corridor and into your room; and if you are not planning on getting up at 4:30 am with the early morning Machu Picchu risers, too bad, because you will hear every single one of them. There needs to be some soft surfaces to help absorb some of the sound. Also, their windows do not actually close all the way and this doesn't help with street noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here one night to get to Machu Picchu first thing in the am. The hotel is modern and very clean and has a fantastic location. The bed and pillows were the best we had during our trip. The hotel is still under construction and it is very loud during the day--even more disappointing because the atmosphere is otherwise so peaceful and serene. We had to leave the hotel during the day just to get away from the sound of the jackhammer! That being said, the noise was only during the day and was quiet at night. Breakfast is served very early to allow us to get to Machu Picchu early and they held our luggage for us during the day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great Hotel convenient to train and bus stations close to the central plaza but far enough away to be quiet and enjoyable. Rooms are newly re-done - nice and comfortable. Not 5 star but very nice! The Restaurant served great food with a good variety of choices.

Room Tip: The entire town is on a hillside. If you cannot continue to climb steps, ask for a room as close to the lobby as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family