SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Santuario Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu(Aguas Calientes)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Rupa Wasi Lodge(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
Gringo Bill's Boutique Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
El Parque(Aguas Calientes)
View Hotel
Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
  • Breakfast included
El MaPi by Inkaterra(Aguas Calientes)
  • Restaurant
Jaya Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
1,939 results
All reviewscevichethe busthe rivercooking classmachu picchuwelcome drinkbeautiful hotelstar hotelpisco soursthe hotel staffcourse dinnerbreakfast and dinneri highly recommend this hotelbeautiful roomincluded dinnerroom ratesacred valley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wanted to stay at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge in Machu Picchu but had to widen search to include Agua Calientes. The own itself is unremarkable as it the jump off point to Machu Pichu.

I was extremely pleased that the hotel came to the train station to collect our bags as we were headed straight to MP and did not have time to checkin and drop bags off ourselves. They offered the same service on departure. Not sure if they only do it for guests travelling on the Hiram. Bingham train service.

The room itself was of a good size and we had a great view of the fast flowing river which is just opposite. On check in after a long day at MP we were offered afternoon tea (not very extensive) and a welcome Pisco Sour drink. The best was yet to come in the a la carte dinner, starting with the bread basket (baked fresh in house) to the alpacha steak and the tasty dessert. Dinner is included in the price. It was so delicious I should have had lunch there instead of the highly recommended Tree House restaurant.

I gather t is a family run hotel and the staff were all very pleasant.

I read a review advising to avoid the rooms near the train line. Ours was on the roadside and there was not any disturbance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
E-commerceSumaq, Gerente at SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on our services. As you mentioned, we assistance to our guest from the train station to the hotel and viceversa for all our guest. Then when they arrive at Sumaq, we give them a welcome drink with and a delicious snack.
We are really glad for your experience with us. We do appreciate your words on your room, we are very sure that you enjoyed your peaceful view to the Vilcanota River.
We are trained into exceeding each of our guests´ expectations.
Indeep, really hope that you had a great time with us and do look forward ot hosting you in the next future.
Sincerely

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed two nights in the Sumaq. From check in to check out the service was fantastic. Hotel room was spacious, and clean. The downside of the room, no air conditioning, which made the rooms feel damp. Our dining experieince (breakfast and dinner included) was bar none, from the service to the presentation of food to the taste. I got all the service I needed when asked.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your preference in Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel!
We are very grateful for your nice words and comments towards our property and services.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night while on a tour of Peru. I loved being on the roaring river that provided a calming sleep. Our room had a balcony over the Urubamba River. We had a gourmet dinner, lovely goody platter in our room. And after spending the day hiking around Machu Picchu, my husband and I treated ourselves to massages in the wonderful inhouse spa. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: I would definitely choose a room on the river side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank songbird76034
E-commerceSumaq, Gerente at SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We are really glad for your experience with us. We do appreciate your words on your room, we are very sure that you enjoyed your peaceful view to the River.
We are trained into exceeding each of our guests´ expectations.
Sincerely

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed 2 nights there. It was good since check in until check out. The service was great, the food was excelent and I got all assistence that I need there (even that I didn't know that I would need. I strongly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Leonardo
Thank you very much for your feedback we really appreciate your nice review

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This property is located at the end of the hotel strip, the first one you see as you take the bus to Aguascalientes Calientes from Machu Pichu. We had a nice room with a balcony overlooking the Urubamba River. Our stay included a three course gourmet dinner, welcome cocktail, goody platter in the room, and an afternoon tea. We could also have attended a cooking class, but we didn't have time. They were even nice enough to loan me a hiking stick to climb Huaynu Pichu. They will store your luggage for you and take it to the train station so that you have no worries about carrying it with you all day. My only complaint was that the motion sensors that turn on the hall lights were not sensitive enough if you walk quickly. We were caught in the dark a bit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garmer
E-commerceSumaq, Propietario at SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your preference in Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel!