“Loved the location by the river!”
Review of Wiracocha Inn

Wiracocha Inn
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Aguas Calientes
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Our family stayed in this hotel during a high school Spanish class trip to Peru, so we expected budget hotel qualities. We were pleasantly surprised by the Wiracocha Inn overall. Loved the location right in the village, with easy walking access to the Machu Picchu buses, local market, and tourist markets near the train station. My husband and I had a double room on the 2nd floor corner (203?) which included a huge wall to wall window that opened up to hear the roar of the river! Loved that. The room itself was fairly spacious, comfortable and clean. Noise was not an issue for us, but our kids stayed in rooms near the stairs and said they could hear people in the lobby late into the night.

Wifi worked for the rooms closer to the stairs, but not in our room - we had to stand in the hall outside our room to get Wifi. :-) But for a quick check of email or weather, who cares? Hot water worked well and breakfast was decent. Service was very good and wake up calls were reliable. Beds were comfortable and warm.

We did not expect a high-end hotel, but this was a nice surprise for us. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: It appears that rooms away from the stairs would be quietest. Ask for a room overlooking the river i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steamboat323

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night before going to Machu Picchu, someone from the hotel was waiting for me at the train station because my tour company had arrange it. The hotel is small but very cozy, over looking the river, my room was clean and the bathroom had hot water all the time. But what I liked most about the hotel was the customer service, the employees and Mr. Gregorio in special were very nice and attentive. I had to wake up at 5 in the morning and they took the time to call me to make sure I was already awake. All I can say is that it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I asked for a room by the river so I could enjoy the sound of the rushing water. There were two computers in the lobby which guests could use for free for 30 min. This was nice because the other hotel we stayed in charged to use the computers. The rooms were comfortable and there was no shortage of hot water! If you are not getting up early to go to MP you might want earplugs. Sounds from the lobby tend to echo up the stairwell. This didn't bother me as I intended to get up early anyways but it could be an issue for someone else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucania1001
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The entire building is well built, and aethethically pleasing. The tiles and dining chairs in the lobby are extremely nice, particularly considering the surrounding area. The wifi signal was great in the rooms and there was even two stationed pc's for use. The bathrooms and actual rooms tiles were also great with nice hot water (means a lot coming from the inca trail).

One of the best things was the breakfast served in the morning which included a mini buffet with scrambled eggs, cereal, fruit, and most of the expected other items. If the price was not as high as it was (70$) it would definitely be a 5 star.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamadalama
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Someone picked me up for train station on time, room was clean, device was great. Great value for basic clean room with great service. We stayed one night and would stay again. Plenty of hot water and wifi worked every time.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel was quite nice with friendly staff. The rooms are big enough but there is too much light because of the many "windows" from the bathroom and from the corridor. Besides that a very good place to stay with comfortable location!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Well, there aren't too many options in Agua Callientes, most people just stay there 1 or 2 nights while they visit Machu Picchu.
First, it was so hard to go to sleep because there are windows above the doors in the room that let in all of the light from the hall, so even when you turned the light out in your room, it looks like the lights are still on. Also, it was so loud. The window above the doos lets in alot of noise. And there is also a window/vent in the bathroom that stays open between the bathroom and the hallway, so that lets in so much noise. At 4:30 am I was awoken to everyone down in the lobby talking, eating breakfast, and moving chairs...and I was on the 3rd floor. And it's really expensive for a 1 night stay, and you get nothing for your money. The bathroom towels are old and scratchy, the toliet paper is horrible, everything is old. Which honestly, I could have been ok with one night there, I mean it's just one night, but when you look at what you pay for what you get, not worth it.
The brakfast was good and the staff was nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple