“Amazing Review lived up to it's name!”
Review of Amazing Peru

Amazing Peru
Ranked #20 of 52 Outdoor Activities in Huaraz
More attraction details
Owner description: Luxury Travel and Private Aviation since 1975. Award Winning Tour Operator “Tours of a Lifetime” by National Geographic and highly recommended by our many customers from all over the world including our Forbes listed customers.
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stephen helped us organize a 2.5 week trip to Peru for a group of 6 people (three couples), everything was perfect! The hotels, guides, drivers and travel arrangements were excellent! Our trip was based on Amazing Peru trip No. 7 with some requested changes. With the exception of some altitude sickness the entire trip was awesome! I would highly recommend booking through Stephen at Amazing Peru!
Thanks for all your help creating this custom private tour of Peru!!!
Yvonne Oleson, Santa Barbara, California USA

5  Thank Yvonne O

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Six of us, three couples went to Peru and Brazil for 16 days. The trip was organized through Amazing Peru. We worked with Stephen Johnson of Amazing Peru. We were very impressed with the entire experience. He was always: Prompt, to the point and responsive. We did make some changes to his hotel selections. We were able to put together a completely customized trip with his help.

Amazing Peru works with many providers to put together this trip. All the tour guides and transports were independent contractors, not employed by Amazing Peru. There were many providers and many things could have gone wrong. But, hardly anything went wrong. I highly recommend them.

Only reason, I am giving 4 and not 5 stars is that their emergency number in Peru, did not pick up the phone when we called twice. We just got a recorded message. This is not acceptable. When the emergency phone number rings, some one mus pick up the phone. They need to improve this part.

Bottom line. Amazing Peru did an Amazing job. Particular thanks to Stephen Johnson.

2  Thank Harshad S
AmazingPeru1, Guest Relations Manager at Amazing Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Readers,

We are very pleased that Harshad S had an excellent vacation to Peru and Brazil and also thank him for his candid report about our services.
Due to the increase in the number of customers we are now dealing with, we have now implemented a team of staff working 24/7 to help answer all calls from customers and to ensure that no call will go unanswered. This is with immediate effective and is part of our continued commitment to customer care.

Amazing Peru Management

Reviewed 7 June 2011

My husband and I went to Peru this may 2011. We payed US 7,000 for ten days.
They hotels they booked us were supposed to be 4 stars, I am sure the hotel says they are 4 stars, but I can tell you they are not. We had to change hotels several times at our cost because the hotels were simply horrible. I am sure some of those hotels were the worst hotels I ever been in my life. When we asked for hotel fares there were much cheaper than what ¨Amazing Peru¨ said they cost. The people of "Amazing Peru" at Peru were not able to solve anything.
Peru was beautiful but do not go with this agency. You will feel robbed.

10  Thank lucreciamartinez
AmazingPeru1, Guest Relations Manager at Amazing Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear Readers,

These customers requested a downgraded version of our luxury tour and chose 4 star hotels. We provided the following hotels:

Lima - Exclusive San Agustin
Cuzco - Picoaga
Machu Picchu - Hatuchay Towers
Puno - Jose Antonio Lake View

We also provided private tours in Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, all internal airfare and roundtrip tickets on the Hiram Bingham train. All services purchased were provided and although we are not responsible for the hotel grading system in Peru, we did offer 4 star hotels as per their request.
We have worked with each of these hotels in the past and have never received any complaints.
We therefore cannot accept the comments from these clients but will forward their comments to all hotels concerned.

Amazing Peru Management

Reviewed 17 May 2011

We just returned from our South American trip and visited Peru and Brazil with Amazing Peru and had a fantastic time and an amazing holiday.

We were recommended by relatives who did a similar tour last year and we were 100% happy with the quality of their service and customer support.

The transport provided was excellent and we must highlight their punctuality. They were always on time and in impeccable vehicles. The guides were extremely knowledgeable and took time to answer all our questions. We would recommend all of them particularly Joao in Rio de Janeiro. The information provided and customer support by the company was also excellent.

The standard of accommodation in Peru and Brazil were all top notch. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, particularly the reception, tour and restaurant staff at the Hotel Monasterio in Cusco , who went out of their way to make our time there very special. We also had a complimentary upgrade at the Miraflores Park Hotel in Lima to a seaview Junior Suite! What a view and even the weather was good.

All the tours were excellent, particularly Machu Picchu where they provided a private guide who travelled with us from Cusco on the train. We noticed that we were the only ones with a guide onboard the train in our carriage, this showcased the attention to detail and superb service of the company.

We also visited Rio de Janeiro and Iguazu falls, hotels here were also top notch with both the Copacabana Palace and Das Cataratas both exceeding our expectations. We had the most unforgettable experience in inspiring places, never to be forgotten. We thank Amazing Peru for their perfect itinerary, we had more than we expected, with the reliability of their tour guides and excellent customer support which made our trip very smooth. I could go on and on…. We highly recommed Amazing Peru to anybody who wishes to visit Latin America.

Susy and Ray Hughes from the UK

5  Thank SusyHg
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My family of 4 just returned from a trip to Peru with Amazing Peru and it was – what can I say? – Amazing! We went on a variation of their family adventure tour and it was wonderful. We were greeted at the airport and a local representative was available to us daily by cell phone. She checked in with us constantly and she answered our calls immediately at all times of day. We wanted to make some adjustments while we were there and were able to do so seamlessly. I highly recommend Amazing Peru and our agent – Stephen Johnson.

A few weeks before traveling, I searched on Trip Advisor about Amazing Peru and read several negative postings and I was very worried because by then our trip had been paid in full. I even raised my concerns with Stephen and he assured me that our trip was all booked and ready for us. Well, he was right! I have no idea who wrote those posts, but our experience was great.

3  Thank lovetogo6156