Churup Guest House
Brit's Hotel(Huaraz)
Hotel Galaxia(Huaraz)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewstop flooreggsnice breadlunch packprivate roomprices are very reasonablegranolalaundry servicecomfortable bedsguacamoleensuite bathroomextra blanketsreliable hot watercommon areasthree weeksviews of the mountainsquiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Literally. Churup was my home for nearly two months and I loved sitting at breakfast every morning, as the blearly-eyed travelers arrived on the overnight bus from Lima. Immediately their faces would turn from tired and worn out to lit up with surprise as they saw the living and dining area upstairs with an inviting fireplace and beautiful views of the Cordillera Blanca (minus the one building that decided to add on an extra story to disrupt the view). I was looking for clean, cheap and quiet and Churup exceeded my expectations. Nelly was wonderful in welcoming me from the very beginning. She loved to regale me with stories of her time in Texas. She is wonderful! As are brothers Epi and Pablo. Everyone was super kind and welcoming. And the icing on the cake was the wonderful fellow travelers I met who gathered around the fireplace each evening. Churup became more than a home away from home... it became near and dear to my heart. So grateful for my time there!

Breakfast is simple and typical for places in Peru - bread, fruit and coffee. And the fresh juice is incredible! Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was definitively a smart choice. My bedroom was so comfortable I thoght I was in a four-star hotel. It had a nice balcony and spacious ensuite bathroom, the bed was smooth and spotless, and the carpet was not a problem, considering the fact I have some alergy. The place was silent at night. Breakfast includes a very good coffee (rare thing in Peru...), bread, jam and butter, fruits and scrambled eggs. Staff was very helpful, friendly and prepared to make suggestions and give directions about day-treks around the city. It is not a party hostel but has a good vibe for meeting other travelers if you are interested.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

For our second visit to Huaraz, we looked no further than the Churup, having enjoyed it previously. Once again, we were happy and comfortable there - good continental breakfast included in roof top dining room with great views of the mountains, quiet being about 10 mins from town centre, lots of hot water all day, luggage storage when away on trips, and very helpful staff for organizing various taxis for us for day tours.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisandpeterCanmore
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Churup Guest House is one of the best places I've stayed. The views of the snowcapped mountain from the rooftop patio are stunning. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean comfortable and a good value. The best feature it beautiful and cozy dining/common room, which has a lit fireplace every night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I picked this place because I'm a sucker for great views, and my husband just comes along for the ride. The kitchen/lounge area is on the top floor with views of Huascaran . It's cozy with a fire place, comfy couches to just hang out.

It's in a good safe location if you're not planning on spending every meal in town, because then you'll end up having to walk several blocks for every meal. For us it was perfect, I like the quiet, we're no longer at the age where we need to party and/or be in a happenin area, so for us the location was perfect, close enough and far enough. There are some pollo places nearby and a nice seafood restaurant across the street (pricey for our budget) if you don't want to cook. We are low key and usually travel on a budget so we end up eating where the locals are.

The breakfast was decent, just like all the other hostels in Peru serving the typical fare, bread jam butter coffee juice tea. Optional eggs extra. We did order a lunch pack for one of our hikes, it was pricey, even the guy working there said to just get one and share. It was a good amount of food, but we also got an extra sandwich from another cafe, so it worked out.

We were super grateful they let us check in early, our flight landed at 6 or 7 am and we were tired, they let us in and we were able to take a nap. The rooms were fine, beds comfy. We stayed 4 nights. They cleaned the room everyday.

Nothing to complain about! Except climbing stairs at elevation was tough! Would definitely recommend this hostal

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple