“Pretty cool and nauseating”
Review of Nasca Lines

Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Tallahassee, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Pretty cool and nauseating”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My daughter and went up in a small plane with 2 other people. The Nazca lines were fascinating, amazing and beautiful.

The only problem is that I thought the plane would just fly past the different geoglyphs. Not so! He would fly in a circular pattern spiraling down, down, down so that everyone could get a good look. I got nauseous and inexplicably terrified that if I moved that the plane would get unbalanced and flip over. My poor daughter didn't get to see anything because I wouldn't let her make any movements at all. Haha, guess I was the one who was unbalanced! I wouldn't do it again, just because of the fear and the nausea. Otherwise, it is phenomenal.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Singapore
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice to see, but not worth the travel”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had to take a 16 hours bus ride from Lima - Nazca - Lima (return trip) and if you see in your tour itinerary that it is this way, i would tell you that it isn't worth it.
If you are staying in Nazca for a night, see more things over there (if there is any), then maybe it would be worth the long bus ride.

Travelled 8 hours up, waited 1.5hours for our turn on the flight, flight duration was approx 20-30mins, and we had to rush back to the bus station for another 8 hour ride back to Lima.

Not worth it.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank piecesofparadise
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Flight over the Nasca Lines”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Definitely recommend taking a flight over the Nazca Lines. This is the only way to understand the scale and intrigue of this place.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Shawn H
Stockholm, Sweden
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nothing like I have seen before! Amazing!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The view from the airplane of the mountain and the lines was just spectacular! I was awed by the landscape and the history behind the lines. This experience is worth every penny! We flew with Aero Paracas, which is a very professional company with English speaking pilots. Another thing you cannot miss when in Nasca is to visit the Planetarium at the Nasca hotel. Edgar, who works at the planetarium when we were there, did it with such a catching entusiasm that it was hard not to get excited with him. He could answer all our questions about astronomy and I enjoyed every second. We were allowed to look through the telescope of the planetarium and saw the moon from up-close, which was just Amazing! I loved it!

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Tina K
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great flight with Aero Palcazu”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Our hostel, Nazca trails offered to book us flights through Aero Palcazu. We liked the idea of booking in advance so that we could ensure an early morning flight and so get the best possible light for our flight. We were a bit dubious, as we couldn't find any reviews of Aero Palcazu, but decided to book nonetheless. I'm so glad we did. Everything went perfectly. We were picked up from our hostel on time, and processed through the airport promptly, where together with a Spanish couple we were led to a 6 man plane (4 tourists and 2 pilots). Everyone had a window seat, and the pilot made sure to manoeuvre the plane so that both sides got a view of each line. The pilots were bilingual and there were maps inside the plane so we knew exactly what we were looking for and when. The journey was perfectly smooth and neither myself or my girlfriend felt any sickness. The lines at this time of day (7:30am) were great, and easily viewable. Definitely recommend doing it, and going with Aero Palcazu.

1 Thank RoryTawn