“bad hotel food and so so planetarium...”
Review of DM Hoteles Nasca

DM Hoteles Nasca
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Nazca
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Went for drinks and supper before the planetarium Nasca lines presentation. Food was worse than bad, service staff was older than the Nasca lines themselves and the planetarium had good background info and animation about the lines, but poor acoustics, way too loud and very primitive AV equipment. Worth the planetarium admission price to get the 411 on the Nasca Lines and Mrs. Reiche's 40 years of devotion, but I'd skip the meal!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marquestra

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I don't understand why it's not under attractions listed, but their 7pm show at the planetarium is excellent. See my review under Nascar Lines.

During the tour we visited the room were Maria Reiche stayed before she past away. I

Room Tip: I didn't stay there, but passing through their property I thought it looked nice.
Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AnkeSanFrancisco
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed for one night at this splendid hotel. Arrived early, to early to be allowed to a room but the hotel made no problem about it. When we the next day requested a late check-out we got it to although it was against a small fee. At all levels the hotel was thinking with us and understood our situation. We got a nice clean large room and had no remarks to make about it. Good choice of breakfast buffet, good coffee in the morning for me us i's important. Friendly service at the bar and Wifi works by the pool. Can gladly advise a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jan_vandervliet
Reviewed 7 October 2013

It started bad then got worse - we used booking.com they were great - room around $90 a night - arrived they had no record of the booking offered us $169 a night - yet there own website showed lower rates, so rip-off from the very start - more than an hour later we eventually checked in - ground floor - the traffic noise was intense and constant - at breakfast the buffet dishes were literally empty - no bowls either, they offered me a plate, no coffee - no staff on duty - the pool surroundings are good though - but no need to be a guest to use them. NAZCA is a pretty clean city, there are lots of nice hotels, literally 100 mtrs down the road, they are quite, welcoming and less than half the price - the staff at Naxca Lines were miserable from check in to check out - apart from one young girl, the rest are all old with no sense of service whatsover. AVOID

Room Tip: AVOID - if u must stay here insist on an inward facing room away from the road - 2nd floor - but wal...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night in June 2013. The room was clean, big and nicely arranged. I really liked the garden and the pool and the service was very helpful with arranging tours. I also tried the hotel restaurant and was satisfied. It's definitely a bit of an expensive option, but I think it's justified.

The downside was, that I did not manage to book the hotel online by any means. I tried through www.peru-hotels.com (a third party website), but after a few emails and sending them an authorization form for credit card payment they said they cannot make the reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

very nice and large garden area with big pool surrounded by the hotel rooms. Very clean. Service professional (even that in some years they will have a problem: except the clean up women all members of the stuff are just before the age of retirement and they will leave all together one day).

We tried the restaurant and what we ordered was very good

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We arrived late and we were greeted in reception by a very friendly staff. They even discounted our room. The room was very large with a private courtyard in back of the room. We awoke to a great breakfast and spent the remainder of the morning lounging around the pool and incredible grounds. I wish we had found the place on our initial pass through, I won't even speak of where we stayed. I highly recommend this place and will stay next time there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family