“Awesome....Just Awesome...!”

Rolandia
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Iasi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visiting Iasi will mean in fact, visiting the city were many Romanian first took place like. You will enjoy a few pleasant hours in one of the largest cities in Romania. You will enter the city’s bohemian atmosphere present, mostly, in the old part of the town and you will also witness the animated occidental lifestyle combined with rural trips in surroundings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lulian has taken me around Iasi to visit the main sights, but what is really important to me and what really caught my attention is the my guide( Lulian) passion and wealth of information, and his capability to answer my questions with his deep knowledge and presenting them in pleasant way, I really wish them all of the best and made others days as they made my day in that tour around......

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"art"
"palace"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There's a reason these guys have 100% 5-star ratings. The tours are insightful, customized and smart. My tour guide Iulian picked me up from my hotel bright and early, and we had a full day of touring monasteries and sites around Moldavia. Iulian knew the history inside and out and presented the information methodically and intelligently. He was also able to customize the tour for various things I was interested in, from large to small, and was very polite in offering to stop whenever I wanted for a break or to take photographs. Everything was well planned, organized and executed, and the personal touch Iulian added (he is an excellent conversationalist) made this a very special experience for me. We followed up this memorable tour with a short walking history of Iasi the next morning, which was also a highlight of my visit to Romania. Thanks for making it so special!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I found Rolandia through Trip Advisor and after a wonderful day trip through Moldova to Chişinău with the tour guide Iulian we were so happy we chose this company!

Iulian was very professional and energetic. He picked us up in Iaşi and chatted us through the city, Bukovina region and larger Romanian history on our way the border. I had the luxury of local family taking me through Bukovina on a tour of sorts but Iulian knew much more and filled in many gaps on the history!

The Moldova trip was amazing, both the scenery and monuments/buildings we visited, and the knowledge and passion of Iulian was exceptional. My wife and I are touring through Europe ourselves and initially sceptical in taking a tour but alas the day flew by and we were more than happy. The guide are all certified and have a background in history at uni making it very professional. The winery we visited was also very good, it is an absolute phenomenon to be built the way it is and worth seeing and tasting the many wines. They have a sparking red wine you must try.

Certainly utilise this company for your tour needs in the area!

Nicu A, Owner at Rolandia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We're glad you and your wife enjoyed your trip to Moldova! Enjoy the rest of your trip through Europe, and we hope you'll be back to Romania soon.

Kindest regards,
The Rolandia team

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We booked the tour one day in advance and met Iulian in Piata Unirii, where we started with some historical & fun facts about Iasi and the surrounding area. From there we continued the journey along the Strada Pietonala, up to the Palace of Culture.

The tour lasted for just under 3 hours and we really enjoyed it, as it was both informative and interactive. We asked many questions, which Iulian seemed to be more than happy to answer and he shared with us interesting stories or anecdotes in connection with different buildings, streets or personalities of Iasi. Both Iulian and Mihai (whom we talked to on the phone) were professional and super nice.

I highly recommend the tours organised by them, our tour definitely made an impression on us and we hope to visit Iasi again very soon!

Nicu A, Owner at Rolandia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hello,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your short trip in Iasi, and we also hope that you will be back soon!

All the best,
The Rolandia Team

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I met Madalina Ursu in front of the university, from where our tour started. Firstly, I was told about the history of the old buildings in Copou, about the noble families that built them, their use during the war and inter-war periods as well as that of nowadays. Next was the Lapusneanu street where I saw the Union museum which used to serve as a residence for A. I. Cuza. After that, a short stop in Union Square, before our last one at the cathedral. I especially liked the architecture of the Cathedral, as well as the art in the old one of St. George. The tour lasted a little more than 2 hours, I learnt a lot of historical facts about everything of the above as well as the general setting of the respected era (for example Romania in the former century, abolition of slavery etc.) in a really pleasant and interesting way. I really recommend this agency, because as far as I found out, people are truly passionate about what they do and that left me with a very nice impression.

Nicu A, Owner at Rolandia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hello!

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your tour of Iasi and that you found the information useful. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

All the best!