a. 4 star services provided by the hotel employs. From the front desk I have been welcomed by their employ which have been clearly customer orientated. I will say that he knew how to treat a customer even if we arrived at almost 8 PM. He was a very positive first impression. Even the restaurant employs have been with the same customer orientation focus. Bravo to all of them.
b. The location. The hotel is located on the centre of Iasi. You can have access to all other locations from here.
a. The noise which you hear during the night. If you have the room with the windows at the main street you will hear during the night the tram. I have been advice to ask for the room to do not have the view at the main street and was a good advice but unfortunately even if I had a room with the view on the back of the hotel all night long was a constant noise from the main heating pipes (I believe that the pipes are from the heating system, I'm not sure) of the Hotel which are installed on the back of the hotel. The noise was not so loud as from the tram but enough to do not let you sleep good during the night.
b. The rooms have several things which should not be in a 4 star hotel:
-The bed frame have corners with sharp edges which always will hurt you when you go around the bed. I hit with my leg by accident several times on the corners of the bed and believe me was not nice. I can imagine that a lady can get easy some bruises on the legs if she hit by accident the corners of the bed.
- In my room the toilet seat had permanent stains which for sure could not be cleaned anymore and on plus the toilet seat had some elements broken. Unacceptable for a 4 star hotel.
- very poor WiFi. I'm really generous when I say "very poor". Practically in some parts of the room you do not have WiFi signal at all and where you have signal it constantly drop. You can not get at least an e-mail. Again unacceptable for a 4 star hotel.
- the small metal thresholds which are installed inside the room (between the bathroom and internal corridor or between internal corridor and the room etc) are mounted with screws which are not properly screwed and if you walk with your bare foot between the areas of the room (especially if you go from the room to the bathroom during the night) you have 100% changes to be hurt by the top of the screw not properly mounted.
- still the rooms are looked with normal key but the funny part is that attached to the key is a card which you need to use it inside the room to have access to the electricity. Funny stuff to push the card in the socket and the key is still attached to the card. Usually all the hotels at this level use only the card to open the door and to have access at the electricity. Perhaps this point is not really a "con" but I find it strange this combination for a 4 star hotel.
c. Very poor food variety for the breakfast. For a 4 star hotel to have so small choices at food level for the breakfast is embarrassing.
My conclusion is that the hotel is a classic 3 star hotel with some features from a 4 star hotel.
The only 4 star can be given to the personal which work there and give to the place the reason to have the the 4th star. I will give all my respect for the employs of this hotel (for those from the main entrance, front desk, restaurant and cleaning). For services and respect which have been provided by them perhaps I will return to stay in the same hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Traian Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Traian Grand