1) The room was good value.
2) Some very good reception staff (one was quite poor though tried to be helpful - see below)
3) Very good cleaning staff for the rooms.
4) Big sized rooms with TV (mine had one double, one single) and bedding very clean and well laid out.
1) My hotel room was not like the photos shown, there are two sides to this hotel, I think was in the old 3 star side (the photos show what seems to be 4 star standard). It was VERY dated.
2) Mediocre breakfast, examples: the buffet ran out of fried eggs I asked for more, but the lady didn't bring any more, there was no "english breakfast tea" on asking for them I was told Earl Grey was the same (it's not clearly), so shows that staff knowledge is not very good, no toast machine. How can any hotel run out of regular tea!
3) On leaving for the airport, the reception girl told the taxi man the wrong airport, when I had been clear, meaning we wasted 20 mins travelling the wrong way. I had to resolve this myself, when I had asked her to be sure of the price, as I was going to Debrecen airport (Hungary)
4) Tried to get a spa treatment was told it was all fully booked up so was not able to.
5) Hotel is a far distance out of the town centre, but it was only 10 lei (approx 2 euro) to get to the centre.
6) I was in a road side room, which was a little noisy due to some traffic late at night where a lorry was waiting nearby but I didn't mind too much as you could see out into the road in the day.
7) Spa information was only in Romania on the leaflet left in the room, reception didn't have any english copy either.
8) A kettle with some teas/coffees in the room would have been better and more 4* standard.
Overall, the hotel is probably very good if you use the spa and stay in the 4* rooms, less so if you are in the older 3 star part as I was. It was average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Nevis Wellness & SPA is a new, elegant building, with modern and comfort oriented facilities, situated at 3 minutes by car from the centre of the city, 7 minutes by car from the airport of Oradea and 15 minutes by car from the Hungarian border. The hotel exists since 2012 and since then offers its customers 66 rated rooms with air conditioning, Plasma TV, minibar, telephone, wireless internet connection accessible in the whole building. The rooms painted with pastel colours, furnished with comfortable armchairs and king size beds provide our clients the comfort and recreation they dream about. Our guests also have free parking lots. The Nevis Wellness & SPA Centre is one of the best equipped and most modern centres in the western part of the country dedicated to provide complete SPA services, body reshaping and high-tech facials. At Nevis Wellness & SPA you are invited to forget the daily stress by relaxing yourself and enjoying the services we provide: indoor swimming pool jacuzzi 3 types of sauna: Old sauna, Perfumed sauna, Steam bath - Turkish bath Vichy shower tropical shower with 3 fragrances body and facial treatments combining massage, hydrotherapy, biostimulation, ultrasounds, cold and warm body covering treatments body reshaping treatments anti-cellulite treatments Anti-aging facials The SPA therapies combined with carefully selected slimming treatments will provide you the vital energy and a body to envy. Choose us and your body will reach the perfect shape you have always dreamed about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Nevis Wellness & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.