“Very nice hotel”

Prahova Plaza Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Ploiesti
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here two weeks ago and I can definitely say that this hotel is just amazing! The staff is very helpful and also the cleanliness from all over the hotel is at a higher standard. I’ve made my check-in so quick and also the check-out was made much faster than I’ve expected. I’ve booked from the official website and choose the Deluxe Room and I can say that I was impressed. The food was very good and I can add that the breakfast was plentiful and very tasty so nothing to complain about. The prices may look higher according to restaurants from the city but the taste of the food and the atmosphere that is presented here is unique! A huge plus is the free Wi-Fi connection that is presented all over the hotel and even in the rooms. Truly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Elena S

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I'm in a business travel in Ploiesti until August 6. I currently stay in this hotel and I must say it's a nice hotel, with great value for your money, good food at the restaurant and nice, friendly staff. That "crazy" parrot will make you laugh every morning, at your breakfast. Just try to learn him new words :)
It's very hot these days in Ploiesti, so ask for a colder room if you visit Ploiesti in August.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mats H
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Didn't stay at the hotel but had a business meal here with a group of approx 20 people. Food was ok, good choice and lots available. We were the only people in the restaurant and it was a little bizarre when a karaoke singer came in and started to sing just for us. What was even stranger was the parrot in a cage in the restaurant who squawked along with the singer!! No atmosphere, service was ok. I wouldn't go back to the hotel although it appeared to be quite nice it was in a bit of a seedy looking area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed here last month, when I visited Ploiesti and participated at a conference. I booked a room at Hotel Prahova and the conference was hold here also. I must say that I liked the Blue Saloon, where the conference was hold. It's nice, decorated with taste, elegant. The hotel is OK, the service is at par with the German services, but at a better price. The food from the restaurant is tasty. Of you stay at this hotel, eat your breakfast at the terrace, you will have a nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: In your room you will find a voucher for a local restaurant, London House. Take the voucher and go t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2013

When you arrive at the hotel you can see a beautiful room worthy of the luxury hotel (it is always a 4-star hotel), but if you need some information about the city you have some problems:
the hotel does not have a map of the city and staff is not familiar with the streets of the city.
More problems on Hotel category:
In the corridors there is little lighting and air conditioning
in the room (double room) we did not find just a bathrobe and slippers;
in the bathroom:
a bathtub enclosed by a curtain of plastic,
the shower was fixed and low,
the discharge of the toilet was a plastic tube in sight,
a few boxes of accessories (shower caps, and complimentary ears) were empty and there were no changed.
breakfast: at 9:00 the waiter to our question replied that the croissants are over and we could eat all that was left on the buffet ..... but the breakfast was not as time from 7.00 to 10.30?
No information about the dinner in the hotel restaurants or restaurants in the area around the hotel.
In favor of the hotel that we could stay in the room until 16.30 departure time of the shuttle to the airport

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PrahovaPlaza, Director of Sales at Prahova Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with Hotel Prahova Plaza and allow us to take action regarding issues that you have founded here! We are very sorry regarding your problem with our waiter and for that we organized a meeting for aspects like this and I can assure you that problems like this are no longer going to happen again at Prahova Plaza Hotel!
Regarding the lighting problem on the corridor we can say that the light it's on starting from 5 PM and over the day this is turned off because we are included in a program of saving energy and that's why we also installed in the rooms systems that saves energy when no one is inside!
Regarding problems noticed in the room we can tell you that we are in the middle of a process for upgrading all the rooms to higher standards and please next time when you will visit us ask for such an upgraded room! We are more than happy to welcome you again and to share your new experience with us!

Kind regards,
Management Team!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Last Week 7 to 10 may The memorable Trip of my life.This was my second time visit to this hotel.
We had a Great stay here.Highly recommend This hotel.The best place in Romania, home environment,Great Service just like Plug and play.The view from the Window is just awesome.Still feeling the fresh breeze of morning.I am coming back very soon.I wish this could be in my city also.

Room Tip: Try to get room on top floor or book in advance it will be memorable !!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My business trip in Ploiesti was one of the best i ever experienced especially because of Prahova Plaza Hotel atmosphere. Once you enter in the hotel you feel the warmth of the staff and what is the most important thing is that you feel like home! I saw that they have a new motto which is "More than hospitality!" and i can say for sure that they fully respect it. Luckily i stayed at Prahova Plaza Hotel after they opened the Il Piccolo Giardino’s terrace which i must say that it really energize you in the morning when you take you breakfast in there! All my expectations regarding room cleanliness and tastes of food were exceeded and i can definitely recommend the Deluxe Room!

Room Tip: Take the breakfast in the Il Piccolo Giardino garden!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business