All reviews central location giant tv their website huge bathroom shower cabin minute walk from the centre yogurt spent nights clean rooms facilities romania stars pension sauna city grandmother marian
Reviewed 28 November 2012

It s a very nice hotel in Suecava center. The 5 star room is really nicely furnished.The XXL size bathroom offers jacuzzi and shower which requires to read an instraction if you want to use all its possibilities.. Staff in the hotel is VERY nice and flexible...The only mines for me is luck of essential practicalities like kettle in the room and they do not have a restaurant there either so you can not go down and order tea. The hotel also does not offer laundry services but they can provide irining.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed at VIlla Alice on the 5th of November 2012 and I can say that everything was of the highest quality, especially the exceptionally equiped, elegant and tastefully decorated rooms and bathrooms, wich you probably wont`t find at larger hotels chains and at incredibily low price for 5 star. Congratulation!
We highly recommend this pension to all tourists who want to visit the painted monasteries, or just for business trips in this area.

Minuca from Iasi.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Minuca_21
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I had wanted to visit Bucovina for so long. I had heard of people's hospitality, but I didn't expect to be given such a warm welcome. Not to mention, service was great. The most beautiful 4 star room I have been in a while. And the location is great: secluded, with all those trees making you feel like you're in the middle of the woods, but still in the center of the town. You can expect me again, that's for sure.

Cristophe13100, I'm amazed to read that. I had a totally different experience.

Keep up the great job and keep putting your energy and your hearts in your beautiful Villa :)

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sonja M
Reviewed 20 September 2012

i stayed at the villa 3 months ago for only 3 days and it was great. if you are a friendly person and they are seeing (the manager/guide) he will be friendly to. and i am sorry Cristophe 13100 and all the others who was disappointed. it is your problem. the rooms quality it was excelent and as i said if you are not an imbecile and not behaving like Lindsay Lohan then the people from there will be much more friendly. so in short again the place is magical and beautiful the villa is 5 star for me the food is good to, it is silent and peaceful and very clean and luxurios for that money.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank SzAgoston
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I found this hotel while searching for "guided excursions" to the Monasteries. I contacted them about this (to know if the guide speaks french) and got such an answer : "Our guide speaks French at a basic level, which he learnt in school but he is better at English.[...] it costs 99 euro for the whole car (private tour in a private car). "

Well, ok, my english is not so bad, so, lets do it in english! What a mistake... but let's tell the whole day : the "guide" picked us up at the reception, not even presenting himself. He drove through the countryside, without saying a single word. So I tried asking about the economy of the place, people and customs and got very few answers before we all kept silent (so funny).

That way, we arrived at the first monastery where our wonderfull "guide" spoke no more than 2 minutes about the monument, before leaving us alone. He had better to do, like to flood other tourists with his advertising. On the second monastery, I decided to force him to stay on our side by asking a lot of questions. So we went in the Voronet Monastery, and in the second room painted with rich decorations, I asked "What interesting can you tell me about this room?". His answer : "This is part of the church." As if we, dummies, didn't notice that we were in the church... My wife said everything she thought about his "guided tour", but he didn't care much. He went again outside to give his visits cards around. No needs to tell you how were the visits of the 3 other monasteries or the road, you got the idea. He was so arrogant, so unfriendly... terrific!

When we arrived to the hotel, we asked to know about his name to prevent other people of doing the same mistake as we did. The reception employee had to admit that the "guide" is in fact the manager of the hotel.... And that he is not a guide at all!!! He knows even less than me about these monasteries!

We really consider that we were fooled by these people.

Then the breakfast was really a joke, serving by old woman (the mother of the «guide»?) who doesn’t speak a word of english.

To tell the truth, the room was fine, just like on the pictures, but we felt so bad of our day trip with the manager that we didn't enjoy it at all. I would recommend staying to some other places. Romanians people are in general very friendly, very nice and we were enjoying all days in Romania, except our short stay there at Villa Alice.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Christophe13100
villaalice, Manager at Villa Alice, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

We were unpleasantly surprised when we read a review about Villa Alice which in fact … is not directly about Villa Alice. It is a long description of some email discussions made in a subjective and tendentious manner and then about a monastery trip full of false statements or omissions of the truth. The other tourists which wrote about the excellent accommodation amenities at Villa Alice were delighted of the monastery trips (those who went), and you can observe this from all the other reviews. Also with you, Mr Christophe, we followed the same programme and even more so, in order to please you, we asked a nun which is also a group guide to present the last monastery in French, your native tongue. Even though you were only two persons and not a group, she enjoyably made the monastery’s presentation in French for you but – bad luck – your Russian female friend did not know neither English nor French well – you probably also needed a Russian guide in order for you to be content.

Finally, we would like to express our regret regarding TripAdvisor, who hosts such a review about Villa Alice which does not directly refer to Villa Alice and which is full of false statements and omissions of the truth – truth which can be anytime confirmed on the spot. We would like to assure our guests that we will make every effort which we can in order for you to be pleased both with the accommodation amenities and the staff’s activity, which will be helpful and friendly, like all the other guests have remarked so far.