“Good value for money, you get what you expect”
Review of Vila Lux

Vila Lux
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Budva
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Good location, even if its on the main road. Easy to find and they have parking on premises. Our room was upgraded for free and it had a balcony on second floor and was still comfortable and quite so we got a good nights sleep. Nice personnel. The only minus was a hard bad mattress.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Toombster

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed in this hotel with my family (with my husband and daughter) at the end of August. We really enjoyed it.
You feel there like you are visiting your relatives. They are doing their best for each visitor to feel like a member of the family. Everybody are very helpful and nice.
The hotel is very clean and it also has a very good location. It is situated within 5 minutes walk to the sea, mall and main entertainment area. There is a big supermarket nearby and a farmers' market where you can buy wonderful fruits.
Just next to the hotel is a very pleasant restaurant with wonderful cusine "VUK". The service is really outstanding. When our 1 year old daughter felt asleep at the restaurant they served everything to the hotel room (no extra charge).
I would highly recommend this Villa Lux and VUK restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank AnastasiaTravel
Reviewed 3 November 2012

nice hotel, very convenient place - you can reach everything from here!. Friendly staff, especially Tamara and Jelena at reception desk. And fast wi-fi by the way. Room service is very good and invisible. Bottle of red wine as a compliment.
The only drawback -small parking place near the hotel but everything is small in Montenegro ;)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Olga2803
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This hotel is basic but cheap, we paid €92 bed and breakfast for a clean room, nice service in a hotel in he centre of budva. It also has space for cars, ideal for one or two nights but wouldn't stay longer as it is a bit old fashioned and quite small? We were pleased with the hotel and would definitely recommend it as in budva you are unlikely to spend much time in the room anyway!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank frasanne
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have been to this hotel in July 2011 for one week. I will review it per category:

1) Location: right on New Budva's main street, this means two things: the hotel is just 10 minutes walking distance from Budva Old Town, where all fun is going on; the negative part is that all possible trucks and cars on Montenegro's roads pass under your window.

2) Room: my room was noisy. As I said, this depends on the location of the hotel, which sits on the busiest street in all Montenegro. At 7am I was already awake, either because of the noise or because there is no possibility whatsoever to shade the window. The room was ok in terms of size, actually we used it just to sleep.
The room service was almost completely missing: they never made the bed and the only thing they apparently did was to change the towels in the toilet. Once I had to go to the reception to get a toilet paper roll because it was almost over and no new one was put in the morning. My girlfriend also noticed that the bed linens were quite used, meaning old.
Air con was ok.

3) Breakfast: it was quite random for me. I am italian and I like to have something sweet for breakfast. The poor buffet featured very cheap cured ham or ham steak slices, cheese, very cheap sausages and scrambled eggs, bread and jam (one flavour, red fruits). Additional items were available upon payment of extra cost.

4) Staff: the guys at the reception were very kind and helpful, speaking quite good English. Once there was no parking available for my car in front of the hotel, and the Bosnian guy who was at the reception took me to the garage they have on the other side of the street. Very kind and friendly.

5) Wi-fi: they have a wi-fi service but I do not know how it works because I have never used it.

To sum up, if you go to Montenegro just to visit this wonderful country and do not care about noise, light waking you up at 7am, not tidy room, or whatever breakfast you can stay for some days here. If you want also a pleasant accomodation, this hotel is not for you. It was maybe acceptable 10 years ago. Now it seems it is just trying to survive,

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Neri_Partanna
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We arrived by car from Croatia and chose it for its location close to town and free parking. However, upon arrival we were disappointed that it was on a busy road and the surroundings looked dubious. The hotel looked basic. There was no lift in the hotel either.
Our fears were confirmed when we went to our room. The bed was hard, the sheet covers were frayed and the room was facing the road and even with the balcony door closed, we could hear the noise coming through clearly. It was so bad in fact, that I could hardly sleep due to the traffic noise all through the night. The room also smelt of cigarette smoke.
The bathroom wasnt great either - the shower was small and dripped constantly, towels were old & stained and there was a lack of toiletries.
We were told there was free wifi, but we could not connect to it in our room!
The TV in the room was tiny.
Breakfast was reasonably basic with some cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages and cold meats/cheese.
I was glad we only stayed there 1 night and wouldnt recommend this hotel. I would also not rate this hotel a 3 star but a 2 star.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Even the hotel is on the main road from Bar to Kotor, is very quiet. The location is nice close to the beach and the bars. The service was pleasant the breakfast was standart.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple