“A little gem! 5-star attitude and service for a 3-star price.”
Review of Hotel Oliva

Hotel Oliva
Ranked #3 of 104 Budva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2012

A block from the main boulevard and no more than 10 minutes' walk from the beach is this lovely family-run hotel.

My tour company mixed up my transfer and delivered me to another property with a similar name, but when they sorted it out, Branko at the Hotel Oliva in Budva was there to meet me as I stepped out of the cab. He immediately said that he will trreat me to a welcome drink, as well as a free dinner - to compensate for all the mix-up - despite his having caused none of it. This is just Branko's amazingly friendly attitude.

For the first night, he had to put me up in a neighbouring hotel that he uses as an overflow, but he carried my luggage there for me, and while I was having breakfast the next morning, he discreetly retrieved my luggage and brought it back to the Oliva, and took it up to my room.

He loves talking with his guests, and so does his wife. Their courtesy and hospitality were of the highest standard for my 4 nights there. The room was small, but spotlessly clean, carefully serviced each day and beautifully air-conditioned.

Branko took extra care to install me into room 2, which he knew would be quieter for me.

DInners there are beautiful, and the buffet breakfast is also a pleasure, especially dining in his charming and leafy courtyard.

Branko's service comes from the heart. It is defintely of a 5-star standard with a 3-star price.

Room Tip: For quiet, just ask for a room that does not front onto the street. Otherwise, just use ear plugs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank ChrisatSydney

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We arrived by car from Dubrovnik airport. The signs in Budva was not that many, but we managed to find the hotel without to much hassel. When we arrived we were met by the hotel manager Branco. He showed us where we could park our car, and carried our rucksaks to our room on the top floor(!). Afterwards we was invited downstairs in the garden for a welcoming drink. Afterwards we had lunch in the garden, and the pizza was very good. The service given by the owner and the rest of the staff was very good during our entire 3-nights stay. The breakfast was very nice. The beach was not far from the hotel, and there was mini-market and bakery nearby the hotel. We would love to come back another time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VacationOslo
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Oliva Hotel for two nights with friends of ours. We struggled to find the Hotel due to the universal lack of signage in Budva and shoddy roads (driving here was scary!). However, the welcome when we arrived could not have been warmer and the owner personally showed us around our room and told us to make ourselves at home. Our room faced the road and had a small lounge area and ensuite. The TV didn't have good reception, and we couldn't get wifi from our room, but it was clean and had air con that worked. Annoyingly the new toilet cistern meant that the old toilet seat would not stay up by itself, and leaned against you when you sat on the loo. The shower was pretty tight, but had good hot water. Our friends had a slightly smaller room with a balcony and didn't have the same trouble with their bathroom as we did. Downstairs we discovered a lovely green garden area which was a little oasis in this chaotic city. We ordered the 7.50 Euro set menu the first night and were amazed by the quality of the food and service - incredibly good value for money! The following night we ate at the hotel again and I ordered from the al la carte menu which was also very good. Breakfast was included and once again we were amazed by the standard and selection. The sea and old town of Budva were within walking distance.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank V B
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Spent 3 nights here in july, found the staff to be great, the food (was half board here) to be great and really enjoyed staying here! We got a free drink when we arrived, and the hotel owner packed a breakfast and drove us to the bus station for 7:30 in the morning, for no charge, the morning we left. In fact refused to take any money from us for it.Found the people to be lovely, very genuine, and not treated customers as real people, not just as "tourists to be ripped off!"

Room Tip: They don't have a pool or fitness centre. But it is a short walk to the beach!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DublinSheila
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We spent the first week of July in this hotel. We arrived by car from the Podgorica airport. It is quite difficult to find this hotel for the first time, we went through Budva from the beginning to the end and nobody was able to describe right position. Then we got nice invitation from the owner who run this hotel together with his son. The rooms have quite old furniture, bathroom is good every room has air condition unit and TV set. Sometimes it was difficult to close the door we had to lock it. The hotel itself has 3 exceptional things - outside sitting below the olives, quality of food and the level of dining service. We had breakfast and although there are so many choices we ate all dinners there as well. Especially I would like to thank Jelena for her perfect service during dining.
Budva is good resort with plenty of food choices and fun. On the other hand the beach is overcrowded and it is much better to go either to island St,Nikola (5 euro by boat) or to the beach of St.Stefan (7 km by car) where are perfect beaches.
Montenegro has fantastic mountains we only went to Lovčem which is very close but if you like mountains it is good to go here in autumn and you find clean and beatiful nature.
Finally I like this country I like the hotel and people there. I would recommend the stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DoctorCube
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The hotel lies in a modern part of Budva, in a quiet lane, 10 minutes walk from the beach, 20 minutes walk from the old city of Budva. Hotel itself is ok, we had a very very small room where only the bed fitted in, so minus points for the room (I dont know if other rooms were the same or larger), the balcony in the room was almost bigger then the room :).
Plus points go for the restaurant in the garden under big olive trees and especially the hotel owner, who is very friendly, funny and charming, and treating the guests as "old friends".
The buffet breakfast exceeds a 3* hotel, it was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
20  Thank Katarina P
Reviewed 10 December 2011

location,price, rooms with balcony, restaurant and garden are all perfect, but the most important thing is the owner of the hotel who is very friendly and always tries to make your holiday better.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends