“Good food, excellent service, great guitar music”
Review of Konoba Stari Grad

Konoba Stari Grad
Ranked #19 of 134 Restaurants in Budva
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Ireland
“Good food, excellent service, great guitar music”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a great meal here June 2014. unobtrusive acoustic music in background (2 guitarists), selection of music including Beatles. My husband had fish and I had meat both were tasty. No rush to leave. Good value. Waiter provided excellent service, bit of a dry wit to him!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank browneyed5

• Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Australia
“Delicious food, great service & live music”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Set inside the old town, the restaurant is beautifully decorated with tables fully set and subdued lighting. The ambiance is great. I had the best squid ink risotto and pasta and the portion were large. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The best thing is live music with the 2 Gorans playing their guitars and singing melodic songs. This was my favourite restaurant in Budva for dinner.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Yan8801
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wow! What food!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Located in the old town of Budva, this lovely restaurant with its own beach bar is superb. Every meal was delicious, but the fish platter for 2 was exceptional. The service was very good. Daniel who seemed to be in charge of the beach bar was a very energetic and busy man who ran a well ordered and chilled out location to soak up the sun. What was good about the beach bar, was that the sun loungers cost nothing as long as you had a drink, even just water.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Andrea A
Rye, United Kingdom
“Fish Restaurant Stari Grad”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We arrived in Budva on a small tourist bus whose guide tried to hustle us into their choice of lunch restaurant some not inconsiderable distance from the old town we had come to see (disappointing after Dubrovnik but that's what happens when you don't research your trip I suppose) We took a look around the restaurant which, to be fair, was buzzing and smelt OK but incensed by the assumption that we were going to acquiesce in this blatant hi-jacking of our trip we decided to leave and find our own lunch.
After 20 minutes searching the old town we almost gave up and returned to the scene of the crime as the only commercial activity seemed to be overpriced boutiques and gift shops and the only restaurants did not look appealing until we saw the Fish Restaurant Stari Grad. Unfortunately it was almost empty when we arrived but the décor the smells and the very welcoming "Petar" convinced us to stay. Thank the lord we stayed !! I ordered the fish soup but Petar advised me to switch to the fish broth...a superb dish of a beautiful fish soup containing excellent lumps of various seafood...heavenly.
The main course of john dory, which Petar again recommended, was brilliantly cooked and, while I am not a fan of the fashion for artistically draping the fish over the vegetables, it worked and I cleaned my plate.
My dessert of a Pistachio ice cream with a raspberry sauce hit the spot again. The wine, recommended by Petar was brilliant and not over the top on price so all in all my lunch was a great success....I cant really remember what my wife had but she is also a food lover and was quietly content....I even shared a little of my (Petar suggested) Rajika digestive with her and she did not pull a face....The slightly worse for wear company of the Russian pair on the next table only served to add a little more flavour to the occasion...not bad for something less than Euro 75.
I whole heartedly recommend the experience.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank bhyde2901
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely disappointing”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

While the setting and location were great, it is extremely rare that we leave a restaurant so disappointed as we did on this occasion and it is the first time that I have felt the need to set the record on trip-advisor. The service we received from multiple staff members was very poor and the manager's attitude and professionalism was even worse. Our starters and mains were delivered in the space of five to ten minutes. All four meals being poor to average in quality. Of the four couples on tables surrounding us we all expressed similar dissatisfaction.

Visited April 2014