Montenegro Hostel
Mijovic Apartments(Budva)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$222
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstransfer servicesafe driverdurmitor national parkgreat sense of humorold townown bathroomwalled citydormtiranamontenegrodeanapartmenteuroswakecurtainsmeters
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Three friends of mine and I spent two nights in this hostel. We stayed in a 4 bed room, with a bathroom (with shower) and a kitchen. We spent a good time in this hostel. Gordana is a nice and gentle person. the hostel is well located, near the central square of Budva and near to the station bus. I strongly suggest this hostel because it is clean, cheap and comfortable

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The Hostel its own wouldnt be too bed. Best thing about it is the location within the Oldtown, its the only Hostel which can offer that in Budva. Kitchen Facilities are nice and there is Wifi throughout the Hostel plus one Computer in the Common Room.
Now about the negative parts about it, which would never make me want to stay there again. First of all the Staff is very cranky. Barely giving you any information about the town or so, mostly talking to you in a very harsh tongue. SO far that wouldnt be reason enough yet for me to avoid a Hostel, i met some great other travellers as well there.

BUT now the one real big problem, which makes me advise to everyone to avoid that place. As you may have already read in Reviews on Hostelworld or Hostelbookers they have BED BUGS! Although at arrival the owner assured us that they have fixed that problem that was not the case. I got bites all over my body and i m afraid they have settled down in my backbag or clothes.
When just telling the owner about it, that i got many bites and that there still seem to be bed bugs (i didnt even complain i jsut wanted to let her know about that its still a problem), she immediatly got an really angry aggressive voice telling that she spent a 300 euro on cleaning all the hostel from bedbugs and then even tried to imply me that it must be my fault! And that although stayed before in many dozens of hostels and never had a problem like this, only now at her place after a 4 days stay, and this hostel is known on all hostel review pages for having bedbugs, she had the bravery to try blame me for it. I wouldnt have minded that much if she would have said ok, I m gonna look to fix that or apologize or whatever, but that just was unbelieveable rude trying to blame me. I Had till now only great experiences at Hostels in Balkan, but this acting really killed that place for me.

In my opinion keep running the hostel opened with bed bugs, while telling the guests that its not a problem anymore is very unresponsible. I wouldnt give any credit anymore in any similar statements of her in future.

For the case you dont know anything about Bed Bugs, they settle in matresses, niches, bags, couches, etc... so they r an enormously hard to get rid off parasitic insect, which easily can settle in your bag, go with you back home and spread all over your home! Thats is why i think its unresposible to keep a hostel opened without dealing for that problem... its not a problem that only stays inside the Hostel, backpackers take these bed bugs further to hostel in the the worst case even to their home.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

We were a bit unfortunate. We didnt get the room we booked due to issues with the air conditioning. The staff gave us a discount and did their best to sort the situation.

After one night the issues were sorted and we got a clean apartment in the center of old town.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed at the hostel for one night paying £26 for a double apartment with private bathroom, we chose to stay here as it was the cheapest option in Budva but we were pleasantly surprised with the room.

The location of our apartment was excellent! Located right in the heart of the old town walls with many bars/restaurants/shops so we didn’t need to go into the new town (bus station is a twenty minute walk) – I was a bit apprehensive about staying in Budva as I’d read it was noisy from nightlife but we found it surprisingly quiet and relaxing.

You check-in at the main hostel reception which we found easily using the directions from the booking and are taken to the private rooms which was in a separate building on a small side street. The lady that checked us in was friendly and helpful and the hostel provides lots of information and leaflets about on-going transport, maps and things to do (we didn’t use communal area or see dorm rooms). They also stored our luggage for free while we visited Sveti Stevan before heading to Kotor.

The apartment itself was very compact but was well-maintained and had all the facilities we needed including a small kitchenette, air-con/heating, good shower with constant warm water and comfortable beds.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Budva Montenegro hostel and would definitely recommend the private rooms.

Room Tip: Hostel Montenegro has three properties in Budva, Kotor and Podgorica - staying with them in different locations will mean you get a small discount if booked directly with them.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Montenegro hostel is a chain of a few hostels with branches in Budva, Kotor and Podgorica. Their main buildings are hostels and, like in Budva, they typically have a few apartments offsite which are self contained. We staid in one of the, tiny, self contained apartments in the old town of Budva.

The room was quite small, but clean, well enough kept, functional and, in fact, kinda cosy. Being on the first floor on the corner of a building in the old town really brought home the picturesque location of the building.
The cost was very reasonable as well, particularly considering that most places, restaurants and hotels alike, in the old town of Budva, overall, seems to be quite overpriced.

Staff at the hostel were friendly.

Booking from one of the chain's hostels for another one gives you a small discount.

Room Tip: Get a room outside the main hostel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple