“" BEST HOSTEL EVER "”

Ranked #13 of 255 Speciality Lodging in Budva
Munich, Germany
“" BEST HOSTEL EVER "”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hostel is located in the cenatr of the old town Budva. Rooms are clean and well - equipped. Staff is brilliant, they made me laugh all the time.Transfer to Albania organised by hostel is really good and fast.

Room Tip: Choose anything, it doesn't matter because you will have a great time there.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It took me some five minutes to find the right street, but the location of Montenegro Hostel is actually great. A small but not too traffic street in the strict centar near the beach and city walls, nice clean cozy dorms and kitchen as a place to hangout with the others make this place worth to stay. Actually, the hostel's got everything you need to have a great time in Budva. The hostel staff and their friends were a great company. See you guys again one day...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I hate to be that person, but this was the worst hostel I've stayed in. The whole place was just disorganized. The check-in was unmanned. I had to wait for the person to show up, despite having a reservation and arriving when I told them I would. The dorm upstairs was a mess. There were extra beds stuck wherever they could fit. One wasn't even a bed, but a sofa being sold as a bed. The theme continued in the bathroom where smelly towels and an overflowing hamper took up almost all available space. The kitchen was disgusting as well. Several garbage cans also needed to be taken out. Luckily the wifi was fast so I could book another hostel for the next night. Loud music pulsed outside until dawn when the church bells took over with their hourly routine. In the morning, again, I had to track the lady down to check out. Ugh... The only good thing? I suppose the location in the Old City near the beach would be a plus, but I found the music which pervades the entire Old City after dusk to be intolerable.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors might be able to escape the music.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Haythem19
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 30 September 2013

After 2012, I stayed in the Montenegro Hostel in Stari Grad Budva for the second time this year in 2013 for four nights.

The hostel is situated right in Old Town and it is the only place to stay besides some rooms or apartments that you can rent for a higher amount of money. The dorms are nice and cozy, everything is painted in different colors, which causes a very nice and friendly ambiente. To each of the dorms there is a bathroom with tub and a kitchen which is supplied with everything you might need. The kitchens are quite new and all clean. Same with the dorms and the bathrooms.

The staff is great and I felt like I became part of the family for the days I stayed. I do not share the opinion of some older posts which commented on rudeness, whatsoever. The owner has a great sense of humor which may not be understood by everyone and she tried to help me out with individual travel planning and arranged a room for me in Kotor as well es Podgorica.

There is also a shared computer and WiFi, as well as TV.

Keep up the great work!

PS I dont know why the net says there is a fitness facility and a pool, note that there is not. Also note that there is a Bar nearby which plays music until midnight, but did not bother me at all since I always have ear plugs with me on my trips.

Room Tip: Rooms are all basically the same. There is also a private double. If you have the chance, choose one...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We had emailed prior to arriving and the hotel said we could check in at 8am. It also said this on hostel world. We arrived to find a sign that reception opens at 11am, we have them a call and recieved an angry response that we can't check in until 2pm. The reception lady wasn't helpful with organizing a transfer, and the only hostel I have ever been to that doesn't give you a map.
The room is right next to a bar that has excessively loud music until 2am every night so pack ear plugs if you want to sleep.
Good location in the old town though.
Pretty average in my opinion

• Stayed August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My friends and I travelled here having booked a private apartment close to the main hostel in advance.

I can see from what others have written about the attitude of the lady owner can be interpreted. However, I can only speak from my own personal experience and must say that perhaps there may have been a cultural misunderstanding. She seemed helpful and prepared to help my friends and I when ever we asked her for something or at least point us in the right direction. Ok maybe she seemed a bit in a rush at times but she never refused to help us or tell us something.

My friends and I stayed at a private apartment (3 bed) which was pleasant, clean and had a good shower and toilet. We asked the owner for toilet paper and were given about 10 rolls; it didn't seem a problem. Perhaps, our experience was different because we booked the 3 bed private apartment.

The owner has another guy who never wears a t shirt working with her; he is helpful and easygoing. There is also a very cute dog who has a green bow; if you are lost and see this dog you know one of these people are close by.

A few points to note include the fact that there is no luggage hold facility here. We checked out at 11am and had to take a bus at 2.30pm so had to be with our bags for over 3 hours; not the fault of the hostel just an inconvenience.

Also do your own research as we asked the lady owner to find out bus times, cost and duration from Budva to Zagreb. She stated that it was 8 hours total but was actually 15 hours; clearly, a misunderstanding as she doesn't work for the bus company but still not good when you are on the bus itself to find out that you are only half way : (

This place is located in the centre of the old town and nearby good restaurants, beaches and nightclubs.

We did not stay in the main hostel so cannot comment but found the private apartment good value and relaxed.

Group of friends stayed August 2013

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I had booked the hostel in advance and when I arrived I was greeted by the owner of the hostel who seemed as If she was having a bad day. She requested money first, so I paid the amount owing and she led me up to the room. The dorm room was pleasant and clean, but I was not provided with a map of the city. This was the first time I have ever not been given a map. The room was loud and filled with noise from the nightclub below. The owner did nothing about the loud partygoers. The next morning I found that all bathrooms on each level had no toilet paper, I asked for some from the owner who rudely snapped at me and said 'when are you leaving', to which I replied in ten minutes at 11am (at checkout time).

When I was about to leave I asked her if I could leave my backpack at the hostel for a few hours while I went through the town, she said 'no everyone want to leave their bag here, no bags! I said but I have been able to leave my bag at every hostel that I've ever been to, can I just leave it for a few hours. She raised her voice at me and said 'but you will want to come back here and have shower after beach and use bathrooms and my hostel'. I said no I just come back to get my bag. She said 'don't lie to me I know how you backpackers are, you all want to leave bags and come back and get them and spend more time here'.

The only thing I liked about this hostel was the room itself which was comfortable and the hostel itself was located in the centre of the old town close to everything.

She was extremely rude to me and the entire time I was there she had a very bad attitude. I would not recommend staying here unless you want to be greeted with rudeness. This woman should not be working in a hostel if she can not be polite and friendly to guests. The friend I was standing with was so shocked at how she spoke to me and treated me.

Worst hostel experience of my backpacking trip. This woman was awful. If you stay here expect to be in the middle of town but as a result of that you will have to tolerate this rude woman. Goodluck!

Room Tip: Find a room away from the owner.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo